Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS4 4.2.18.20 is ready for Beta testing!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    Ok, I will do some testing, so far I don't see the issue. Can you post the config of one of those events? That might help.

    Originally posted by avpman View Post
    Not that I recall. But this was the first time I tried using the feature to look at referenced events.


    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

    Comment


      #32
      Originally posted by rjh View Post
      Can you tell me what you did to get an error? And what was the error? I cannot recreate any errors with the filter.


      Main Devices page, setting a couple of items on the Floor filter, results in page refreshing to an error state. If the Devices page is refreshed once maybe twice, filter is applied and shows correctly. Not fixed in .21.
      Thanks

      Comment


        #33
        Here ya go:

        Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	147
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	1620096
        Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	147
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	1620097
        Originally posted by rjh View Post
        Ok, I will do some testing, so far I don't see the issue. Can you post the config of one of those events? That might help.


        Comment


          #34
          I recreated the problem. The problem is that the Big5 plugin is returning TRUE whenever I ask if a device is referenced by one of its actions. I will contact the author.

          Originally posted by avpman View Post
          Here ya go:

          Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	147
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	1620096
          Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	147
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	1620097
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

          Comment


            #35
            His plugin 5 requests a list of all plugins when it starts up. He fixed that in Big6 and promised to remove it from Big5 as well. But never did. If you would ask him to do that too it would be appreciated. A few users posted about it. Thanks!

            Originally posted by rjh View Post
            I recreated the problem. The problem is that the Big5 plugin is returning TRUE whenever I ask if a device is referenced by one of its actions. I will contact the author.


            Comment


              #36
              Originally posted by avpman View Post
              His plugin 5 requests a list of all plugins when it starts up. He fixed that in Big6 and promised to remove it from Big5 as well. But never did. If you would ask him to do that too it would be appreciated. A few users posted about it. Thanks!


              Agreed. The problem is that the author of the plugin is not the author of the plugin... He hires outside coders. So sometimes getting a change implemented is akin to navigating a Rube Goldberg maze. Hopefully Rich can have better luck.

              --Barry

              Comment


                #37
                I am in contact with plugin owner, do you have more detail on this issue. I can mention it to him but I am not sure the description will be enough, it does not really describe an issue.

                Originally posted by avpman View Post
                His plugin 5 requests a list of all plugins when it starts up. He fixed that in Big6 and promised to remove it from Big5 as well. But never did. If you would ask him to do that too it would be appreciated. A few users posted about it. Thanks!


                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

                Comment


                  #38
                  Originally posted by rjh View Post
                  I am in contact with plugin owner, do you have more detail on this issue. I can mention it to him but I am not sure the description will be enough, it does not really describe an issue.


                  It produces this log entry right when starting up. I misspoke, it's requesting a list of devices.

                  6/15/2023 10:08:40 AM
                  Plugin
                  Warning
                  A plugin has requested a list of all of the devices in HomeSeer

                  Comment


                    #39
                    Is there a problem with this? It is ok to ask for all devices, if it's absolutely necessary. We display that message as it might slow down a system that has a lot of devices. Is that what you are seeing? We display the message for the case were a plugin makes this call often, which could slow things down.

                    Originally posted by avpman View Post

                    It produces this log entry right when starting up. I misspoke, it's requesting a list of devices.

                    6/15/2023 10:08:40 AM
                    Plugin
                    Warning
                    A plugin has requested a list of all of the devices in HomeSeer

                    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

                    Comment


                      #40
                      I do have a lot of devices. If it's a tough fix then don't worry about it. At some point, I'm going to delete that Big5 plugin.

                      Originally posted by rjh View Post
                      Is there a problem with this? It is ok to ask for all devices, if it's absolutely necessary. We display that message as it might slow down a system that has a lot of devices. Is that what you are seeing? We display the message for the case were a plugin makes this call often, which could slow things down.


                      Comment


                        #41
                        He said it was fixed in Big6 and recommends upgrading to that version.

                        Originally posted by avpman View Post
                        I do have a lot of devices. If it's a tough fix then don't worry about it. At some point, I'm going to delete that Big5 plugin.


                        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

                        Comment


                          #42
                          Originally posted by rjh View Post
                          He said it was fixed in Big6 and recommends upgrading to that version.


                          That's what I did a couple of days ago, and indeed it does load much faster and also loads it's configuration pages much faster. I tossed Big5 in the trash can this a.m.

                          --Barry

                          Comment


                            #43
                            Originally posted by logman View Post

                            That's what I did a couple of days ago, and indeed it does load much faster and also loads it's configuration pages much faster. I tossed Big5 in the trash can this a.m.

                            --Barry
                            Was there an "upgrade price" or did you have to pay full price for 6?

                            Comment


                              #44
                              I actually bought the upgrade a year or two ago but had trouble getting it stable. I gave up on it until recently when I tried downloading the latest version, which works without issue. I did get a discount at the time, but I doubt that window is still open. Probably need to contact the Plugin owner to find out for sure.

                              Be aware that it's not a clean upgrade in the sense that you'll need to rebuild your events that used Big5 and convert them to use Big6. Other things, such as the configurations from Big5, can be imported cleanly. Overall it's not too bad of an upgrade to deal with and well worth the effort in my opinion.

                              --Barry

                              Comment


                                #45
                                I don't understand. I have. Big5 on my system - upgraded from HS3 to control my switchbot curtains and don't see this error. What circumstances cause this?
                                HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X