Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS4 4.2.18.20 is ready for Beta testing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• logman
    replied
    Originally posted by avpman View Post
    No, the issue where the plugin returns TRUE incorrectly ",,, returning TRUE whenever I ask if a device is referenced by one of its actions."

Is that because the Big5/Big6 device profiles are preloaded into a device list when an action is being creation?

--Barry

Leave a comment:

• rjh
    replied
    Make sure you post a request in his forum, the more people that report the issue the more likely he will fix it.

Just tell them that this function is always returning True, but it should it only do that if the plugin references the device.

ActionReferencesDevice(dev_ref)
    ‚Äč

No, the issue where the plugin returns TRUE incorrectly ",,, returning TRUE whenever I ask if a device is referenced by one of its actions."

Leave a comment:

• rjh
    replied
    Ah, ok, forgot about that one. I checked my email and he said he was waiting for his programmer to return from vacation. I emailed him for an update. It appears we was willing to get that issue fixed.

Leave a comment:

• avpman
    replied

Originally posted by rjh View Post
    Are you referring to the issue where they are reading all the devices? If so, my understanding is that they only do that on startup. So that should not be an issue for you. Or was it a different issue?

Leave a comment:

• rjh
    replied
    Are you referring to the issue where they are reading all the devices? If so, my understanding is that they only do that on startup. So that should not be an issue for you. Or was it a different issue?

Big6, as I understand, isn't an update. It's a complete re-purchase. I have a problem paying twice to get a small, but significant bug fixed. I know - I'm just venting.

Leave a comment:

• avpman
    replied
    Big6, as I understand, isn't an update. It's a complete re-purchase. I have a problem paying twice to get a small, but significant bug fixed. I know - I'm just venting.

The reaction I received is that it's fixed in Big6. Can you update to that version?

Leave a comment:

• rjh
    replied
    The reaction I received is that it's fixed in Big6. Can you update to that version?

rjh Any feedback yet from the author if this will be fixed?

Leave a comment:

• avpman
    replied
    rjh Any feedback yet from the author if this will be fixed?

I recreated the problem. The problem is that the Big5 plugin is returning TRUE whenever I ask if a device is referenced by one of its actions. I will contact the author.

Leave a comment:

• logman
    replied
    So if the devices have their location changed you would want them to be unselected? There are times where you would not want this to happen. For example if you want to set a bunch of devices for Alexa and then set the same devices to Google, you will not want to lose your selections. I see what you are saying that if you change the location and you are filtering on a location you don't want the unfiltered devices to stay selected. I think the best way to deal with this to only reset the selections if you use the bulk edit on the category, location or use copy. I would only reset the selection on the devices that were affected by the bulk action, not all the devices.

Yes, you've got it exactly. If fact, I think that is how it used to work in the past, where the selected devices were only reset if the devices were moved outside the scope of the filter, which would be out of the current view.

--Barry

Leave a comment:

• rjh
    replied
    So if the devices have their location changed you would want them to be unselected? There are times where you would not want this to happen. For example if you want to set a bunch of devices for Alexa and then set the same devices to Google, you will not want to lose your selections. I see what you are saying that if you change the location and you are filtering on a location you don't want the unfiltered devices to stay selected. I think the best way to deal with this to only reset the selections if you use the bulk edit on the category, location or use copy. I would only reset the selection on the devices that were affected by the bulk action, not all the devices.

Originally posted by logman View Post

rjh Hey Rich,

A follow up to the above post. The problem with the bulk edit I described above is fixed. However, now there is another issue with bulk edit (which may have already existed but I didn't notice before). Now when a device or group of devices is selected and then, for example, moved to another room, after the bulk move the devices remain selected rather than released from bulk edit. The result is that if another group of devices is selected for bulk editing, the current bulk edit will also get applied to the former group.

How to replicate:
    • Step 1: Enable bulk edit, select 2 devices and bulk move them to a new room.
    • Step 2: Next select 2 more devices and bulk move those to a different new room.
    • Step 3: Check the last new room created in Step 2 and all 4 devices will be there, and all 4 will still be selected and active for bulk editing.

Thanks in advance for taking a look at this,

--Barry

Leave a comment:

• logman
    replied
    Hey rjh ,

Found a bug, an aggravating one. After filtering by Floor and Room, I enabled bulk edit. There were about 50 filtered devices that I wanted to move from a temporary "Floor" location to a permanent location. I toggled "Select All" and selected the floor to move them too. After applying I noticed that not only were the 50 filtered devices moved to the new location, but all 6339 devices in the system were also moved to the new "Floor" location. All other previously stored floor location names were wiped clean.

So it seems when enabling Bulk Edit and toggling "Select All", changes with bulk edit are now applied to every device in the system. It didn't used to work like that, as it only would apply changes to devices that were sorted by the active filter(s).

Thanks in advance for taking a look.

--Barry

rjh Hey Rich,

A follow up to the above post. The problem with the bulk edit I described above is fixed. However, now there is another issue with bulk edit (which may have already existed but I didn't notice before). Now when a device or group of devices is selected and then, for example, moved to another room, after the bulk move the devices remain selected rather than released from bulk edit. The result is that if another group of devices is selected for bulk editing, the current bulk edit will also get applied to the former group.

How to replicate:
    • Step 1: Enable bulk edit, select 2 devices and bulk move them to a new room.
    • Step 2: Next select 2 more devices and bulk move those to a different new room.
    • Step 3: Check the last new room created in Step 2 and all 4 devices will be there, and all 4 will still be selected and active for bulk editing.

Thanks in advance for taking a look at this,

--Barry

Leave a comment:

• avpman
    replied
    Originally posted by langenet View Post
    I don't understand. I have. Big5 on my system - upgraded from HS3 to control my switchbot curtains and don't see this error. What circumstances cause this?
    It's in the HS log file when the plugin starts up.

Leave a comment:

• langenet
    replied
    I don't understand. I have. Big5 on my system - upgraded from HS3 to control my switchbot curtains and don't see this error. What circumstances cause this?

Leave a comment:

• logman
    replied
    I actually bought the upgrade a year or two ago but had trouble getting it stable. I gave up on it until recently when I tried downloading the latest version, which works without issue. I did get a discount at the time, but I doubt that window is still open. Probably need to contact the Plugin owner to find out for sure.

Be aware that it's not a clean upgrade in the sense that you'll need to rebuild your events that used Big5 and convert them to use Big6. Other things, such as the configurations from Big5, can be imported cleanly. Overall it's not too bad of an upgrade to deal with and well worth the effort in my opinion.

--Barry

Leave a comment:

• avpman
    replied

That's what I did a couple of days ago, and indeed it does load much faster and also loads it's configuration pages much faster. I tossed Big5 in the trash can this a.m.

--Barry
    Was there an "upgrade price" or did you have to pay full price for 6?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X