Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS4 4.2.18.20 is ready for Beta testing!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    HS4 4.2.18.20 is ready for Beta testing!

    Note: A newer version is available

    HS4 4.2.18.20 is ready for testing.

    This build fixes reported issues found with 4.2.18.19.

    Changes from the last Beta are in the release notes.

    PLEASE READ THE RELEASE NOTES BEFORE INSTALLING THIS BUILD!

    All Changes: Release Notes

    When updating to build 4.2.17.X or later the saved format of the events has changed. If you go back to a previous build of HS4 (before 4.2.17.X) you will lose all of your event actions. Your configuration is backed up automatically when you update to a new version of HS4. You can use this back up if you downgrade your installation. As always, do a full back up of your system just to be safe! You can backup from the tools menu in HS4. See the release notes for more details.

    Installing:

    Before installing any Beta it is a good idea to back up your system! Run the backup from the tools menu. On Windows you can simply copy the HS4 folder to another folder. Just copy it back if needed.


    * You can install this Beta from within HS4, just go to the General page in Setup (Windows or Linux)

    See the release notes for download links and instructions on how to revert to a previous version of HS4 if needed.
    πŸ’‍♂️ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹‍♂️ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products

    #2
    Changes from 4.2.18.19 to 4.2.18.20
    • Better syncing of manually entered search terms and location/category dialog settings
    • An empty events list cannot be saved. This should avoid issues where the events could get cleared by accident
    • querystring ?sortby=namedec now works properly
    • HSTouch designer now sees the REODUO camera as 2 cameras so both can be displayed
    • Fixed device feature name incorrect on events tab in device properties

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by jmedemar View Post
      Changes from 4.2.18.19 to 4.2.18.20
      • querystring ?sortby=namedec now works properly
      this appears to be working. thanks

      any chance of getting the search to also search the Technology Address field?

      i would like to be able to search devices based on their tech address; for example find a device based on its 1-wire address, or insteon ID

      Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	386
Size:	12.9 KB
ID:	1619526​
      Mark

      HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

      Comment


        #4
        Devices page filter throws an error with the latest beta, .20

        Using the filter on the devices page and page errors. (On iOS and Edge)
        ​
        Date/time=6/11/2023 6:52:08 PM BST
        Version=HomeSeer HS4 ZEE S2 (Upg from HS3ZS2) Edition 4.2.18.20 (Linux)
        MONO Version=Mono JIT compiler version 6.12.0.122 (tarball Mon Feb 22 17:44:05 UTC 2021)

        License=Registered
        Confguration File=/usr/local/HomeSeer/Data/HomeSeerData.json
        Uptime=0 Days 23 Hours 37 Minutes 26 Seconds
        Lan IP=192.168.0.23 (HS4PiV5)
        Device Count=413
        Event Count=65
        Plugins Enabled=Z-Wave Parameters:,Tuya:,Google Nest:,Z-Wave:,Sonos4:,Chromecast:,ONVIF Events:
        Modules/Threads=120 Modules, 108 Threads
        Available Threads=398
        HomeSeer Memory Used=77 Mbytes
        Plugins Installed=Chromecast 4.0.21.0,Google Nest 4.0.1.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.4,Sonos4 4.0.1.23,Tuya 4.0.39.0,Z-Wave 4.1.0.3,Z-Wave Parameters 4.0.55.0
        Disk Size=58.02GB​

        Comment


          #5
          Hey rjh ,

          Found a bug, an aggravating one. After filtering by Floor and Room, I enabled bulk edit. There were about 50 filtered devices that I wanted to move from a temporary "Floor" location to a permanent location. I toggled "Select All" and selected the floor to move them too. After applying I noticed that not only were the 50 filtered devices moved to the new location, but all 6339 devices in the system were also moved to the new "Floor" location. All other previously stored floor location names were wiped clean.

          So it seems when enabling Bulk Edit and toggling "Select All", changes with bulk edit are now applied to every device in the system. It didn't used to work like that, as it only would apply changes to devices that were sorted by the active filter(s).

          Thanks in advance for taking a look.

          --Barry

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by logman View Post
            Hey rjh ,

            Found a bug, an aggravating one. After filtering by Floor and Room, I enabled bulk edit. There were about 50 filtered devices that I wanted to move from a temporary "Floor" location to a permanent location. I toggled "Select All" and selected the floor to move them too. After applying I noticed that not only were the 50 filtered devices moved to the new location, but all 6339 devices in the system were also moved to the new "Floor" location. All other previously stored floor location names were wiped clean.

            So it seems when enabling Bulk Edit and toggling "Select All", changes with bulk edit are now applied to every device in the system. It didn't used to work like that, as it only would apply changes to devices that were sorted by the active filter(s).

            Thanks in advance for taking a look.

            --Barry
            Ah, so I'm not the only one! I thought I did something wrong on my end. This happened to me as well when I used the "Select All" checkbox on a filtered list. It changed all of my devices to the same room. I restored from a back up to fix it.

            I'm also having an issue (or at least a change from previous behavior) with the drop down menus for picking a group/location. When I pick one (lets say a group), the device page is filtered correctly. But then I also pick a location, and the device list just goes back to showing all devices and ignores my two filters.

            Comment


              #7
              Thanks, I will have a look at these.

              Originally posted by jmedemar View Post

              Ah, so I'm not the only one! I thought I did something wrong on my end. This happened to me as well when I used the "Select All" checkbox on a filtered list. It changed all of my devices to the same room. I restored from a back up to fix it.

              I'm also having an issue (or at least a change from previous behavior) with the drop down menus for picking a group/location. When I pick one (lets say a group), the device page is filtered correctly. But then I also pick a location, and the device list just goes back to showing all devices and ignores my two filters.
              πŸ’‍♂️ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹‍♂️ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products

              Comment


                #8
                I hate to bring this up but it seems that Timer and Counter devices don't show events that reference them. Nor are they available in the device drop down list on the Groups page. I understand these are not like normal devices. Is this by design?

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by andyf View Post
                  I hate to bring this up but it seems that Timer and Counter devices don't show events that reference them. Nor are they available in the device drop down list on the Groups page. I understand these are not like normal devices. Is this by design?
                  Are you referencing Counter/Timer Devices in Events, or just Counters and Timers. They are two different things. In an Event you are usually using an actual Counter or Timer rather than a HomeSeer Device reporting their values. If I use a physical device in a HomeSeer Event, it will show up. I have a Device representing our years of marriage that is representative of the actual Counter. If I use the Device in an Event it will filter. If I use the actual Counter in an Event it will not. Here is the actual Counter.

                  Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0745.jpg Views:	0 Size:	12.9 KB ID:	1619704

                  Here is the HomeSeer Device representing that counter.

                  Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	22.3 KB ID:	1619707​
                  Using it in an Event will filter, but using the actual Counter will not.

                  Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0746.jpg Views:	0 Size:	19.3 KB ID:	1619705


                  I have always wished for Event filtering on timers and counters and Jon00’s Event Viewer does just that and much more.

                  Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	40.6 KB ID:	1619706​
                  ​
                  HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Can you tell me what you did to get an error? And what was the error? I cannot recreate any errors with the filter.

                    Originally posted by PGN View Post
                    Devices page filter throws an error with the latest beta, .20

                    Using the filter on the devices page and page errors. (On iOS and Edge)
                    ​
                    Date/time=6/11/2023 6:52:08 PM BST
                    Version=HomeSeer HS4 ZEE S2 (Upg from HS3ZS2) Edition 4.2.18.20 (Linux)
                    MONO Version=Mono JIT compiler version 6.12.0.122 (tarball Mon Feb 22 17:44:05 UTC 2021)

                    License=Registered
                    Confguration File=/usr/local/HomeSeer/Data/HomeSeerData.json
                    Uptime=0 Days 23 Hours 37 Minutes 26 Seconds
                    Lan IP=192.168.0.23 (HS4PiV5)
                    Device Count=413
                    Event Count=65
                    Plugins Enabled=Z-Wave Parameters:,Tuya:,Google Nest:,Z-Wave:,Sonos4:,Chromecast:,ONVIF Events:
                    Modules/Threads=120 Modules, 108 Threads
                    Available Threads=398
                    HomeSeer Memory Used=77 Mbytes
                    Plugins Installed=Chromecast 4.0.21.0,Google Nest 4.0.1.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.4,Sonos4 4.0.1.23,Tuya 4.0.39.0,Z-Wave 4.1.0.3,Z-Wave Parameters 4.0.55.0
                    Disk Size=58.02GB​
                    πŸ’‍♂️ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹‍♂️ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products

                    Comment


                      #11
                      The device reference feature is for actual devices so I am not sure it makes sense to add timers/counters there. Although I do see it being useful. The confusion comes in when you expect any reference to be in the list. For example, if you have an event that sends parameters to a z-wave device, would you want to be able to search on the parameter reference? Or any reference that any plugin has added.

                      Note that if you use the search box in the title bar you can enter a timer or counter and it will display the events they are used in. So you can get what you are looking for.​

                      Originally posted by randy View Post
                      Are you referencing Counter/Timer Devices in Events, or just Counters and Timers. They are two different things. In an Event you are usually using an actual Counter or Timer rather than a HomeSeer Device reporting their values. If I use a physical device in a HomeSeer Event, it will show up. I have a Device representing our years of marriage that is representative of the actual Counter. If I use the Device in an Event it will filter. If I use the actual Counter in an Event it will not. Here is the actual Counter.

                      Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_0745.jpg Views:	0 Size:	12.9 KB ID:	1619704

                      Here is the HomeSeer Device representing that counter.



                      Click image for larger version Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	22.3 KB ID:	1619707​
                      Using it in an Event will filter, but using the actual Counter will not.

                      Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_0746.jpg Views:	0 Size:	19.3 KB ID:	1619705


                      I have always wished for Event filtering on timers and counters and Jon00’s Event Viewer does just that and much more.

                      Click image for larger version Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	40.6 KB ID:	1619706​
                      ​
                      πŸ’‍♂️ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹‍♂️ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Thanks for the report. Found the issue with the bulk edit filter and fixed that.

                        For you second issue, when you say "group", do you mean category? Or room or floor? I tried all combinations and the filter worked as expected. Can you tell me exactly what you selected?

                        Originally posted by jmedemar View Post

                        Ah, so I'm not the only one! I thought I did something wrong on my end. This happened to me as well when I used the "Select All" checkbox on a filtered list. It changed all of my devices to the same room. I restored from a back up to fix it.

                        I'm also having an issue (or at least a change from previous behavior) with the drop down menus for picking a group/location. When I pick one (lets say a group), the device page is filtered correctly. But then I also pick a location, and the device list just goes back to showing all devices and ignores my two filters.
                        πŸ’‍♂️ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹‍♂️ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by rjh View Post
                          The device reference feature is for actual devices so I am not sure it makes sense to add timers/counters there. Although I do see it being useful. The confusion comes in when you expect any reference to be in the list. For example, if you have an event that sends parameters to a z-wave device, would you want to be able to search on the parameter reference? Or any reference that any plugin has added.

                          Note that if you use the search box in the title bar you can enter a timer or counter and it will display the events they are used in. So you can get what you are looking for.​

                          Rich;

                          My post was more to illustrate how it works rather than pointing out deficiencies. As far as parameters to a Z-Wave Device, I would want to find any Event that uses any Device for any purpose. If it is in a plugin generated Trigger, Condition or Action or if they are native to HS4, I would want them included. There may be confusion on some Devices, like a HS-WX300 for example. Parameter change Actions are sent to the root, Central Scene is a second Device and level is a third. If you are looking for an Event that sets the parameters, you would have to search for the Parent, for everything else you would search for one of the two features.

                          Since Counters and Timers are not Devices, I understand them not being filtered. Yes, the main search bar does find Events using Counters and Timers, for my purposes Jon00’s plugin does the trick. I think it would be confusing to have such a number of choices in HS Event searches (like Jon’s) but for me it is very useful. I really liked the way we could search for Events in HS3 and we now have that capability in HS4, minus the ability to search on multiple devices. I understand the decision, but it was very useful.

                          I think you are making great progress with HS4 and hope you will keep measuring the community’s feedback.
                          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Devices show referenced events even though the event doesn't include the device(s).
                            All device event references point to the same two events.

                            Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	111.3 KB ID:	1619737​
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	98.7 KB ID:	1619738​
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	122.8 KB ID:	1619739​

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by rjh View Post
                              Thanks for the report. Found the issue with the bulk edit filter and fixed that.

                              For you second issue, when you say "group", do you mean category? Or room or floor? I tried all combinations and the filter worked as expected. Can you tell me exactly what you selected?
                              For this, I think it is just a change in how the filters operate. They used to be "AND", but now they are "OR", not sure if this is intentional or not, but it threw me for a loop.

                              I used to be able to choose a location of Living Room and a group of ZigbeePlus to show only the devices that were both in Living Room AND in the ZigbeePlus group. Now I am seeing all the devices that are either in Living Room OR the ZigbeePlus group.

                              Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	231
Size:	159.6 KB
ID:	1619745​​
                              Attached Files

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X