Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Next HS4 Beta will include Dashboard support, please submit your requests!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ksum Yes Karl... a group card that allows mixing features from multiple devices is on the list of things that will be added to the first version. I've added it to rjh's list above.
    πŸ’β€β™‚οΈ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products​

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
      ksum Yes Karl... a group card that allows mixing features from multiple devices is on the list of things that will be added to the first version. I've added it to rjh's list above.
      Yes, definitely this. I have 2 sensors on my garage door, one at the top and one on the bottom. This way I can tell whether the door is open or closed or halfway. It would be awesome to put both sensors in the same card.

Comment

rjh Guages or even graphing would be a nice feature on the dashboard.
        Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100οΏ½ 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
        X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
        Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
        Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
        Scripts =
        Various

Comment

Nice idea, I will note. We talked about allowing a card to change its color based on the status of the device on the card. This would be local to the card, but allowing an event to modify would be a bit more powerful.

Originally posted by davidcald View Post
          I think it would be useful to expose card attributes (color, display, position, etc.) to the event engine. This would allow for a more dynamic dashboard experience where for instance maybe I don't want to see the weather card unless there is an active weather alert. An event triggered on an alert status could display the card in a certain position and in orange background.
          πŸ’‍♂️ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹‍♂️ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Yes! Dashboards are HTML and responsive. When viewed on a smaller screen the cards stack.

I have a 15" Fire tablet and Amazon made changes so cannot side load apps. I am working on getting HSTouch to work from the App store but you can display web pages on it and there is a trick to force them to stay open. So web dashboards will display nicely there.

Originally posted by ksum View Post
            PS: I am expecting the Dashboard to be usable on Phone and Tablet at a minimum. Maybe web pages? What about smart displays? If on that front, this would be AWESOME!
            πŸ’‍♂️ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹‍♂️ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Yes, they are both on the list, I updated the list in this thread.

Graphing requires device logging so that will need to be added first for that one.

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
              rjh Guages or even graphing would be a nice feature on the dashboard.

Comment

Please understand, this market is tough right now, lots of competition. So priority one is adding features new users are looking for. We emailed out a poll a while ago, and by far mobile support was a Home priority.

That all being said, I was hoping some HS users would be interested in adding new HTML pages. The entire interface is just HTML with tags. I would be happy to help anyone willing to create some new pages. I would even add them to HS. Creating an HS3 style device page is not difficult. My plate is overflowing at the moment!

Originally posted by avpman View Post

Some time ago you asked for feature requests for HS4. There may have even been a poll, but many users put this high on the list. I believe you even asked for specific example of why users wanted the HS3-like interface. Could you not use the current /deviceutility page and clean it up for HS4? Currently, this is the biggest pain point in HS4. Granted, with the new search ability it's easier for me to find a device I want out of the 1100 or so I have configured, but that is too granular at times. The old deviceutility page is just what's needed.

If you would like a list of the other stale support tickets I have I'll be happy to provide them. Please know that I appreciate ALL your efforts and direct involvement in the development of HS and participation on this board. I've said it before, I don't know of another product where the top guy is so involved and responsive!

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                  Please understand, this market is tough right now, lots of competition. So priority one is adding features new users are looking for. We emailed out a poll a while ago, and by far mobile support was a Home priority.

That all being said, I was hoping some HS users would be interested in adding new HTML pages. The entire interface is just HTML with tags. I would be happy to help anyone willing to create some new pages. I would even add them to HS. Creating an HS3 style device page is not difficult. My plate is overflowing at the moment!

If HS keeps making improvements like the ZigbeePlus plugin, Znet with Zigbee and dashboards you will definitely be racing to the front of the line. For me it’s great to see positive direction, it’s been awhile!

Comment

Wysiwyg edit and creation the items on the dashboard. See hsbuddy for inspiration.
                    Best,
                    Jakob Sand, I automate everything!

Comment

Draq and drop styled resizing and edit.
                      Best,
                      Jakob Sand, I automate everything!

Comment

I talked to support, I searched all our support tickets and I don't see any request for this. Sure, I have seen some posts on the forum but we don't do work based on forum requests (unless we post a poll of course). We do post a list of new work items and I don't remember this ever being mentioned then. Dashboards looked like what most users were voting for.

An HS3 table like interface would never work on a mobile device. I am sure you are going to tell me you don't care about mobile, I get that. I still think the majority of new users are looking for something that works on mobile. Working on something like this would be a poor business decision.

Having said all that, it would be trivial to create such a view. Any of you know HTML? Everything you need is on the list view. Just change that to a table and you can display it just like HS3. Have you checked JON00's add ons? He may already have such a view. I would be happy to assist anyone who wanted to take this on. When it's done, I would happy to include it in an update.

I added the alternate style sheet to the labs page which will allow you to fit more devices/info on a page.

If there are a lot of you who want this feature, please create a support ticket and we will gather the requests!

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...92#post1589792

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...53#post1593153

- Formerly known as 123qweasd (account got corrupted...)
                        HS4, HSTile, ESP based devices and sensors, Tasmota, OpenMQTTGateway, RTL433, DIY ground plane antenna, BlueIris + LAN cams, USB-UIRT, ATON DLA6, WACUP, Multiple Android tablets for control. Plug-Ins Enabled: mcsMQTT, Restart, EnvCan, EasyTrigger, CM15A, BLLAN, BLBackup, Pushover + multiple Jon00 tools​

Comment

Posted are screenshots my current dashboard/pages from Imperihome - phone and 10" wall tablet. I've been using this for 5+ years and has all the features below, and much more. Would love to have an updated replacement. I can make a page in a few minutes, a card is seconds...

1. User definable unique IDs (naming) for URLs for direct access to dashboard pages. example... http://<HomeseerServer>/dashboard.html?ref=KitchenRGB
                          2. User definable permissions for each page... by User Name and User Type
                          3. Kiosk Mode (for wall tablets) - Password protected of course
                          4. Color Picker onscreen for RGB lights
                          5. State-based icons (on, off, dim, etc)
                          6. animated icons
                          7. user arrangeable screens based on user defined grid patterns - we can place any card, anywhere we want in the grid
                          8. user definable background colors for cards
                          9. multi-device cards (subdivide cards so we can display multiple devices in a single space... good for showing status, text, etc when not needing controls
                          10. cards auto rotate
                          11. customize card names, user editable
                          12. buttons/images are both status and on/off switches (but only show the icon state change, not words) -- most of my dashboard buttons are both as shown in the photos.
                          Attached Files

Comment

rjh

Are the dashboards going to replace HSTouch in the future? Or will there still be a total rewrite of HSTouch in the future?

I can see that by adding functionality in the future this can give almost the same functionality as HSTouch.

Please add to the features that a user can select dashboards.

As a feature request for the display of graphical data I want to add that for e.g. also data stored in InfluxDB can be logged.

---
                            John

Comment

Nice idea, I will note. We talked about allowing a card to change its color based on the status of the device on the card. This would be local to the card, but allowing an event to modify would be a bit more powerful.

Different colored groupings would allow for a fast visual draw of attention to find something. Maybe all my lighting groups have a yellow background and my Weasley Click group showing Home occupancy has a blue background. Of course, it would start looking like something from the 70s...

Allowing for color changing tiles could allow for an On/Off tile to just show text for the device identification with red being off and green on. While done like big tiles Andrea The Giant has lots of room to use his thumb on, others want Tom Thumb pinky sized items. As long as they aren't color blind, this can get a variety in the tile size.
                              Karl S
                              HS4Pro on Windows 10
                              1070 Devices
                              56 Z-Wave Nodes
                              104 Events
                              HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
                              Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Feature request would be to have one set of dashboards to maintain, web and mobile. Maybe select dashboards could be included/excluded from mobile view.

Comment

Working...
                                X