Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Next HS4 Beta will include Dashboard support, please submit your requests!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rjh View Post
    Nice idea, I will note. We talked about allowing a card to change its color based on the status of the device on the card. This would be local to the card, but allowing an event to modify would be a bit more powerful.
    I would love this, but for HSTouch. On our dedicated wall-mounted table, changing the background colors for weather alerts, morning, night, etc. would be very well received.
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

I will add this list to our list. Some of these we are doing for sure, like mulit-device cards, customized card names. But note that teh dashboards are HTML so they display in a web browser, so some of these may not be doable (easily anyway). But a nice list, thanks for sharing.

Originally posted by Ltek View Post
      Posted are screenshots my current dashboard/pages from Imperihome - phone and 10" wall tablet. I've been using this for 5+ years and has all the features below, and much more. Would love to have an updated replacement. I can make a page in a few minutes, a card is seconds...

1. User definable unique IDs (naming) for URLs for direct access to dashboard pages. example... http://<HomeseerServer>/dashboard.html?ref=KitchenRGB
      2. User definable permissions for each page... by User Name and User Type
      3. Kiosk Mode (for wall tablets) - Password protected of course
      4. Color Picker onscreen for RGB lights
      5. State-based icons (on, off, dim, etc)
      6. animated icons
      7. user arrangeable screens based on user defined grid patterns - we can place any card, anywhere we want in the grid
      8. user definable background colors for cards
      9. multi-device cards (subdivide cards so we can display multiple devices in a single space... good for showing status, text, etc when not needing controls
      10. cards auto rotate
      11. customize card names, user editable
      12. buttons/images are both status and on/off switches (but only show the icon state change, not words) -- most of my dashboard buttons are both as shown in the photos.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Yes, I am working to add this for when you customize your card you can see what it looks like.

Originally posted by Jakob.Sand View Post
        Wysiwyg edit and creation the items on the dashboard. See hsbuddy for inspiration.

Comment

The initial dashboard support auto sizes the cards based on the content and is responsive based on the screen size. So, you don't have control over the card size. The cards are displayed in order so their location can change depending on the screen size. This will make sense once I post an initial beta to play with.

In the future we may consider absolute positioning and sizing, but I feel that will be a mess since most likely you will display your dashboards on different size screens.

Originally posted by Jakob.Sand View Post
          Draq and drop styled resizing and edit.

Comment

Reading all this so far, please consider:
            • Drag and Drop editing to add and move items between Cards, Groups, and their Display Order
            • iFrame type item to show other web pages or portions thereof. For instance, alexbk66 's Weather plugin creates pages displaying weather items. I use Graphana and it may be nice to have set up something from there to display on a larger dashboard. Maybe this is what "Users can create their own cards" refers to but I wanted to be sure. I am thinking something low tech like a form to fill out to create the card. Of course, the "Width is limited" item then comes to questions so:
            • Allow for a sizeable Width where Minimum Width can be set, down to a threshold. If card item is wider than displayable width, provide scroll bars. (Thinking camera display and display of other web pages.)
            It is likely some of this is currently being considered in the listed items. I didn't want to assume and mention them to be sure I am not reading into something which is not there.
            Karl S
            HS4Pro on Windows 10
            1070 Devices
            56 Z-Wave Nodes
            104 Events
            HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
            Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

The initial dashboard support auto sizes the cards based on the content and is responsive based on the screen size. So, you don't have control over the card size. The cards are displayed in order so their location can change depending on the screen size. This will make sense once I post an initial beta to play with.

In the future we may consider absolute positioning and sizing, but I feel that will be a mess since most likely you will display your dashboards on different size screens.

This sounds like the Node-RED dashboards and is the biggest complaint against them. Having some Absolute/Relative positioning would be helpful even if to force some things. The Node-RED dashboards use Group order with Devices inside the Groups using an order as well, but as you resize, the Groups with less height end up ignoring that order to some extent. I am willing to privately share my Node-RED dashboard and discuss if you want to see this in action. It makes it difficult to have priority with dynamic display sizes or even just rotating the phone/tablet. "Where the (#&%(#&% did ___ go??? Oh, I need to scroll down now..."
              Karl S
              HS4Pro on Windows 10
              1070 Devices
              56 Z-Wave Nodes
              104 Events
              HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
              Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

rjh
                Consider adding a card with date and time.

Comment

I would say eventually this can replace HSTouch, maybe note 100% since it is web based. HTML is much more powerful than it was 10 years ago so I see no reason to use. There is not a big demand for HSTouch as it is right now, probably because it can be time consuming to build screens with.

Originally posted by John245 View Post
                  rjh

Are the dashboards going to replace HSTouch in the future? Or will there still be a total rewrite of HSTouch in the future?

I can see that by adding functionality in the future this can give almost the same functionality as HSTouch.

Please add to the features that a user can select dashboards.

As a feature request for the display of graphical data I want to add that for e.g. also data stored in InfluxDB can be logged.

---
                  John

Comment

These will work on any device so you could just use this UI if you want and not bother with HS Mobile. We are testing an HS Mobile version that uses the HS4 HTML which makes sense, one UI to maintain.

Originally posted by RRR View Post
                    Feature request would be to have one set of dashboards to maintain, web and mobile. Maybe select dashboards could be included/excluded from mobile view.

Comment

I would say eventually this can replace HSTouch, maybe note 100% since it is web based. HTML is much more powerful than it was 10 years ago so I see no reason to use. There is not a big demand for HSTouch as it is right now, probably because it can be time consuming to build screens with.

Thanks, this is valuable information for me in my decision to take part in the beta testing.

---
                      John

Comment

I will note this, sounds like an action would do it (to set the background color).

There is a workaround that might work for you. Set the "pressed" state of the target label to the color you want, like red. Then use the action "Simulate a Press on an Element". Now execute that action when you want. It will turn the label red and it stays red until you execute the "Simulate a Release" action. Note that if the label has actions when pressed set then this probably won't work as the action will be executed.

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post

I would love this, but for HSTouch. On our dedicated wall-mounted table, changing the background colors for weather alerts, morning, night, etc. would be very well received.

Comment

rjh
                          It would be awesome if we can create a power distribution dashboard as shown below (with moving dots) and preferably a possibility for a second connection to the main power supply.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	97.1 KB ID:	1626452
                          ---
                          John

Comment

...Having said all that, it would be trivial to create such a view.
                            rjh Not trying to be argumentative, but if it's trivial why not just update the already in-place /deviceutility page? That functionality is all we're asking for.

Comment

Not sure about "drag and drop" as the page is responsive so might be very hard to do this. Right now there is an edit mode with arrows so you can move cards up and down through the stack. I understand this is a real pain if you have 50 cards and want to move one to the back. Will think about it. When you edit a card you can select the dashboard the card is in, so this allows moving them between dashboards.

I was able to display images from the web on a card but I can see an iframe would be needed to display a website or html.

There is a minimum width, but you can easily change it. There is no limit on the height.

Originally posted by ksum View Post
                              Reading all this so far, please consider:
                              • Drag and Drop editing to add and move items between Cards, Groups, and their Display Order
                              • iFrame type item to show other web pages or portions thereof. For instance, alexbk66 's Weather plugin creates pages displaying weather items. I use Graphana and it may be nice to have set up something from there to display on a larger dashboard. Maybe this is what "Users can create their own cards" refers to but I wanted to be sure. I am thinking something low tech like a form to fill out to create the card. Of course, the "Width is limited" item then comes to questions so:
                              • Allow for a sizeable Width where Minimum Width can be set, down to a threshold. If card item is wider than displayable width, provide scroll bars. (Thinking camera display and display of other web pages.)
                              It is likely some of this is currently being considered in the listed items. I didn't want to assume and mention them to be sure I am not reading into something which is not there.

Comment

The mechanism that controls the display of the cards can easily be changed. So let me get an initial working demo posted and we can discuss the layout options. Having the cards position be absolute can be a real problem for resizing.

Originally posted by ksum View Post

This sounds like the Node-RED dashboards and is the biggest complaint against them. Having some Absolute/Relative positioning would be helpful even if to force some things. The Node-RED dashboards use Group order with Devices inside the Groups using an order as well, but as you resize, the Groups with less height end up ignoring that order to some extent. I am willing to privately share my Node-RED dashboard and discuss if you want to see this in action. It makes it difficult to have priority with dynamic display sizes or even just rotating the phone/tablet. "Where the (#&%(#&% did ___ go??? Oh, I need to scroll down now..."

Comment

Working...
                                X