Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Next HS4 Beta will include Dashboard support, please submit your requests!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well "trivial" is probably not the right word here. There is testing, re-testing, documentation, etc. There is always more work than just the page.
    Originally posted by avpman View Post

rjh Not trying to be argumentative, but if it's trivial why not just update the already in-place /deviceutility page? That functionality is all we're asking for.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

That would be pretty cool, but beyond the scope what we are working on. Do you have this view already that is on the web?

Originally posted by John245 View Post
      rjh
      It would be awesome if we can create a power distribution dashboard as shown below (with moving dots) and preferably a possibility for a second connection to the main power supply.

Click image for larger version Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	97.1 KB ID:	1626452
      ---
      John

Comment

i
        Originally posted by rjh View Post
        That would be pretty cool, but beyond the scope what we are working on. Do you have this view already that is on the web?

rjh No, This is a dashboard from a competitor.

---
        John

Comment

Not sure about "drag and drop" as the page is responsive so might be very hard to do this. Right now there is an edit mode with arrows so you can move cards up and down through the stack. I understand this is a real pain if you have 50 cards and want to move one to the back. Will think about it.
          Add a "Send to Top" and corresponding "Send to Bottom" in the first release to at least alleviate some of this.

I would only want Drag and Drop in an Edit mode so maybe that makes things easier..
          Karl S
          HS4Pro on Windows 10
          1070 Devices
          56 Z-Wave Nodes
          104 Events
          HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
          Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Originally posted by avpman View Post
            I sure was hoping we'd get back the option of an excel-like interface for device listing as in HS3. The screen real estate used by HS4 is a pain.
            Doesn't the _deviceutility.html page give this? For me this is at 192.168.1.5:8008/_deviceutility.html as opposed to 192.168.1.5:8008/devices.html Sorry, it has been a while since I viewed an HS3 page so I cannot recall, but I thought that was an address for the legacy page.
            Karl S
            HS4Pro on Windows 10
            1070 Devices
            56 Z-Wave Nodes
            104 Events

Comment

Originally posted by kenm View Post

I have a 35 inch Ultrawide monitor and I can't image what it's like to work with HS4 on a smaller monitor. At some point, can we also get a dark theme or at least the ability to theme the UI ourselves?
              Have you seen these posts on changing the CSS settings for HomeSeer?
              Karl S
              HS4Pro on Windows 10
              1070 Devices
              56 Z-Wave Nodes
              104 Events

Comment

I was a little vague. Dragging and dropping is not an issue, I can do that. The "masonry" layout might need some tweaking to allow for this, but I can take a look. It's a good idea and a lot better than arrows.

Originally posted by ksum View Post

Doesn't the _deviceutility.html page give this? For me this is at 192.168.1.5:8008/_deviceutility.html as opposed to 192.168.1.5:8008/devices.html Sorry, it has been a while since I viewed an HS3 page so I cannot recall, but I thought that was an address for the legacy page.

Comment

Not sure about "drag and drop" as the page is responsive so might be very hard to do this. Right now there is an edit mode with arrows so you can move cards up and down through the stack. I understand this is a real pain if you have 50 cards and want to move one to the back. Will think about it. When you edit a card you can select the dashboard the card is in, so this allows moving them between dashboards.

I was able to display images from the web on a card but I can see an iframe would be needed to display a website or html.

There is a minimum width, but you can easily change it. There is no limit on the height.
                  Suggestion... in edit mode a long-press brings up an admin/design menu. Include an option for 'change places with another card' ... this can solve the challenge (problem) of moving via arrows.

I highly suggest using Imperihome and see how they designed things. Its one of the most simple and effective way to design a dashboard I've seen (comparing to well over 100 dashboard apps for different tech/purposes). I can provide a copy if you'd like... its no longer available publicly.

Comment

My main concern is that the dashboard is still based on device RefID (correct me if I'm wrong) - so if I re-create HS device - I will have to re-do the dashboard? That was the major pain with HSTouch, and eventually I gaveup.

In AKWether I generate HTML based on the feature type - so you have freedom re-creating devices, you don't need to re-do the view:

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...rview-html-png

Comment

Yes, I understand this issue and one "feature" I have on my list for HSTouch is to match the device using the device name in the case where the ref has changed.

But is this a serious issue for dashboards? Replacing a device is not common and sometimes you replace a device with a different model and the features will not match.

I am open to suggestions on the best way to resolve this. Using the name could work but the user will need to know this and name the replacement with the same name as the original (location would also need to match).

Another option is to expose the device ref and allow the user to change the refs. Although the user could easily create a mess with this.

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
                      My main concern is that the dashboard is still based on device RefID (correct me if I'm wrong) - so if I re-create HS device - I will have to re-do the dashboard? That was the major pain with HSTouch, and eventually I gaveup.

In AKWether I generate HTML based on the feature type - so you have freedom re-creating devices, you don't need to re-do the view:

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...rview-html-png

Comment

If I can make drag and drop work reliably I think that would be best.

Spud is the author of Imperihome and he works for HS, so I am sure I can get a copy

I will take a look at it. I did have it loaded at one point but that was a while ago.

Originally posted by Ltek View Post

Suggestion... in edit mode a long-press brings up an admin/design menu. Include an option for 'change places with another card' ... this can solve the challenge (problem) of moving via arrows.

I highly suggest using Imperihome and see how they designed things. Its one of the most simple and effective way to design a dashboard I've seen (comparing to well over 100 dashboard apps for different tech/purposes). I can provide a copy if you'd like... its no longer available publicly.

Comment

But is this a serious issue for dashboards? Replacing a device is not common and sometimes you replace a device with a different model and the features will not match.
                          I don't really mean "Replacing a device" as such - it's more about re-creating HS devices if there's any issues with a device (or if user deletes a device/feature accidently). Which is not that uncommon.

Comment

Whoops, we do not have the APK, if you have an APK can you PM it to me or put it someplace where I can download it? Thanks.

Originally posted by Ltek View Post

Comment

Yes, I understand this issue and one "feature" I have on my list for HSTouch is to match the device using the device name in the case where the ref has changed.

I am open to suggestions on the best way to resolve this. Using the name could work but the user will need to know this and name the replacement with the same name as the original (location would also need to match).

Another option is to expose the device ref and allow the user to change the refs. Although the user could easily create a mess with this.

Can we not have the replace device feature back? Would this not solve this problem?.
                              Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
                              X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
                              Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
                              Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
                              Scripts =
                              Various

Comment

Not really. Imagine the case where you had to re-import your Z-Wave devices. This would be many devices so a replace feature would not work. It would help if you just had one device to replace. But if it's just one device, recreating one dashboard card would not be that much work.

I think matching the name is the only way to reliably do this. HS would save the original device name when a device is first added and use this as a matching identifier. If multiple devices have the same name, this would be an issue. Z-Wave does set the address property on a device so Z-Wave devices could be replaced reliably. Same for Insteon.

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post

Can we not have the replace device feature back? Would this not solve this problem?.

Comment

Working...
                                X