Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Next HS4 Beta will include Dashboard support, please submit your requests!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next HS4 Beta will include Dashboard support, please submit your requests!

HS4 4.2.21.0 will include the ability to create dashboards. The first release will include functionality that is similar to the dashboards in HomeSeer Mobile. This includes the following features (subject to change):
    • Multiple dashboards
    • Dashboards can be different for different users
    • Device cards are customizable, display only the features you want, no features, just the status, etc.
    • Group card can be created to mix features from multiple devices
    • Card width is limited, but height is not
    • Customized thermostat cards
    • Event cards (ability to run the event actions)
    • Camera cards to display latest image from installed cameras
    • Cards are displayed in order (left to right) and the order can be changed
    • Display is responsive

Features to be added in upcoming updates:
    • Users can create their own cards (cards are just HTML)
    • Weather information cards, forecasts, etc.
    • Plugins can install custom cards that are specific to their functionality
    • Set card background colors, images
    • Dynamically driven cards (All devices currently "ON", "OFF", "OPEN", etc...)
    • Allow card display (such as background color) to be controllable from an event
    • Ability to display custom views such as gauges
    • Display graphical data (needs device logging first)
    User requests, from Imperihome:

1. User definable unique IDs (naming) for URLs for direct access to dashboard pages. example... http://<HomeseerServer>/dashboard.html?ref=KitchenRGB
    2. User definable permissions for each page... by User Name and User Type
    3. Kiosk Mode (for wall tablets) - Password protected of course
    4. Color Picker onscreen for RGB lights
    5. State-based icons (on, off, dim, etc)
    6. animated icons
    7. user arrangeable screens based on user defined grid patterns - we can place any card, anywhere we want in the grid
    8. user definable background colors for cards
    9. multi-device cards (subdivide cards so we can display multiple devices in a single space... good for showing status, text, etc when not needing controls
    10. cards auto rotate
    11. customize card names, user editable
    12. buttons/images are both status and on/off switches (but only show the icon state change, not words) -- most of my dashboard buttons are both as shown in the photos.​

More:
    • Drag and Drop editing to add and move items between Cards, Groups, and their Display Order
    • iFrame type item to show other web pages or portions thereof. For instance, alexbk66 's Weather plugin creates pages displaying weather items. I use Graphana and it may be nice to have set up something from there to display on a larger dashboard. Maybe this is what "Users can create their own cards" refers to but I wanted to be sure. I am thinking something low tech like a form to fill out to create the card. Of course, the "Width is limited" item then comes to questions so:
    • Allow for a sizeable Width where Minimum Width can be set, down to a threshold. If card item is wider than displayable width, provide scroll bars. (Thinking camera display and display of other web pages.)
    * ​Consider adding a card with date and time.

Please post what you would like to see in your dashboard.

Please keep replies related to features you'd like to see on the dashboard only.

Feedback will help with coding so we can easily add new features in the future.
    πŸ’‍♂️ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹‍♂️ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products

Grouping items and a Reactive display mode would be nice. That said, some control in the Reactive settings would be good as far as display sizing and positioning. The biggest problem/frustration I see with the Node-RED dashboard, for instance, is that there is no good way to position groups at different screen sizes. In one size a layout is good, but change the screen/browser width and it changes to a mess.
    Karl S
    HS4Pro on Windows 10
    1070 Devices
    56 Z-Wave Nodes
    104 Events
    HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
    Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

I sure was hoping we'd get back the option of an excel-like interface for device listing as in HS3. The screen real estate used by HS4 is a pain.

Comment

Originally posted by avpman View Post
        I sure was hoping we'd get back the option of an excel-like interface for device listing as in HS3. The screen real estate used by HS4 is a pain.
        I have a 35 inch Ultrawide monitor and I can't image what it's like to work with HS4 on a smaller monitor. At some point, can we also get a dark theme or at least the ability to theme the UI ourselves?
        "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

+100
          - Formerly known as 123qweasd (account got corrupted...)
          HS4, HSTile, ESP based devices and sensors, Tasmota, OpenMQTTGateway, RTL433, DIY ground plane antenna, BlueIris + LAN cams, USB-UIRT, ATON DLA6, WACUP, Multiple Android tablets for control. Plug-Ins Enabled: mcsMQTT, Restart, EnvCan, EasyTrigger, CM15A, BLLAN, BLBackup, Pushover + multiple Jon00 tools​

Comment

Originally posted by kenm View Post

I have a 35 inch Ultrawide monitor and I can't image what it's like to work with HS4 on a smaller monitor. At some point, can we also get a dark theme or at least the ability to theme the UI ourselves?
            I use FireFox with the addon called "Dark reader" and I get the display below. But, yes, there should be a dark skin natively available. I mean, isn't the bloated HS4 GUI designed for mobile devices and they need to conserve battery?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	717
Size:	123.9 KB
ID:	1626255​

Comment

Thanks avpman. I'll take a look at that as a backup.
              "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

I talked to support, I searched all our support tickets and I don't see any request for this. Sure, I have seen some posts on the forum but we don't do work based on forum requests (unless we post a poll of course). We do post a list of new work items and I don't remember this ever being mentioned then. Dashboards looked like what most users were voting for.

An HS3 table like interface would never work on a mobile device. I am sure you are going to tell me you don't care about mobile, I get that. I still think the majority of new users are looking for something that works on mobile. Working on something like this would be a poor business decision.

Having said all that, it would be trivial to create such a view. Any of you know HTML? Everything you need is on the list view. Just change that to a table and you can display it just like HS3. Have you checked JON00's add ons? He may already have such a view. I would be happy to assist anyone who wanted to take this on. When it's done, I would happy to include it in an update.

I added the alternate style sheet to the labs page which will allow you to fit more devices/info on a page.

If there are a lot of you who want this feature, please create a support ticket and we will gather the requests!

πŸ’‍♂️ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹‍♂️ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I think it would be useful to expose card attributes (color, display, position, etc.) to the event engine. This would allow for a more dynamic dashboard experience where for instance maybe I don't want to see the weather card unless there is an active weather alert. An event triggered on an alert status could display the card in a certain position and in orange background.

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                    I talked to support, I searched all our support tickets and I don't see any request for this. Sure, I have seen some posts on the forum but we don't do work based on forum requests (unless we post a poll of course). We do post a list of new work items and I don't remember this ever being mentioned then. Dashboards looked like what most users were voting for.

An HS3 table like interface would never work on a mobile device. I am sure you are going to tell me you don't care about mobile, I get that. I still think the majority of new users are looking for something that works on mobile. Working on something like this would be a poor business decision.

Having said all that, it would be trivial to create such a view. Any of you know HTML? Everything you need is on the list view. Just change that to a table and you can display it just like HS3. Have you checked JON00's add ons? He may already have such a view. I would be happy to assist anyone who wanted to take this on. When it's done, I would happy to include it in an update.

I added the alternate style sheet to the labs page which will allow you to fit more devices/info on a page.

If there are a lot of you who want this feature, please create a support ticket and we will gather the requests!

Some time ago you asked for feature requests for HS4. There may have even been a poll, but many users put this high on the list. I believe you even asked for specific example of why users wanted the HS3-like interface. Could you not use the current /deviceutility page and clean it up for HS4? Currently, this is the biggest pain point in HS4. Granted, with the new search ability it's easier for me to find a device I want out of the 1100 or so I have configured, but that is too granular at times. The old deviceutility page is just what's needed.

If you would like a list of the other stale support tickets I have I'll be happy to provide them. Please know that I appreciate ALL your efforts and direct involvement in the development of HS and participation on this board. I've said it before, I don't know of another product where the top guy is so involved and responsive!

Comment

If you have an example of what you mean by grouping, that would help. Right now cards are displayed in order, using columns, which keeps the view neatly organized. I will post some screen shots once a bit more is working.

Originally posted by ksum View Post
                      Grouping items and a Reactive display mode would be nice. That said, some control in the Reactive settings would be good as far as display sizing and positioning. The biggest problem/frustration I see with the Node-RED dashboard, for instance, is that there is no good way to position groups at different screen sizes. In one size a layout is good, but change the screen/browser width and it changes to a mess.

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                        If you have an example of what you mean by grouping, that would help. Right now cards are displayed in order, using columns, which keeps the view neatly organized. I will post some screen shots once a bit more is working.

Here is one of my Node-RED dashboard pages. The Groupings allow me to keep like items together. Think Lines between items in a pull-down menu. In Node-RED each Group stays together as the display width changes, as can be seen comparing the 2 images. Changing the order the Groups are saved in Node-RED changes where they display in the dashboard. Sounds great until you try to set where the groups display at different widths. I have yet to get them to keep any consistency as different heights end up ordering them slightly different. This sounds complex and I am willing to share a link to the dashboard if you like or do a screen share to go over this.

One example of a Group is my Outside Lights Group. This Group keeps my outside lighting as a unit. Honestly, I SHOULD add WLED itgems for the LEDs I have on my roof line and use on "ground effects" for seasonal things, but this dashboard has just been a playground for me and hasn't seen use outside of such due to the frustration in how the groups move.

Views:	743
Size:	265.3 KB
ID:	1626279

Views:	708
Size:	226.0 KB
ID:	1626280​​
                        Karl S
                        HS4Pro on Windows 10
                        1070 Devices
                        56 Z-Wave Nodes
                        104 Events

Comment

PS: I am expecting the Dashboard to be usable on Phone and Tablet at a minimum. Maybe web pages? What about smart displays? If on that front, this would be AWESOME!
                          Karl S
                          HS4Pro on Windows 10
                          1070 Devices
                          56 Z-Wave Nodes
                          104 Events

Comment

I don't know of another product where the top guy is so involved and responsive!
                            JRiver MediaCentre, Jim Hillegass (and his team)

Comment

Originally posted by billt View Post

JRiver MediaCentre, Jim Hillegass (and his team)
                              Yup! I have been using Jriver since version 6. But they are not as nearly responsive and accommodating as HS.

Comment

Working...
                              X