TCP connection to an Ethernet controlled Projector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TCP connection to an Ethernet controlled Projector

Hello, does anyone know a way I can send some hex data over the ethernet connection of HS3 to control a JVC projector? I have used hercules windows tool to test that the commands are working with JVC projector but now I want to automate in HS3. Is there a plugin that allows me to establish a TCP connection with a local IP and then send HEX data? I am happy to explain more details if needed.

Thank you

There's a free plugin for TCP connections here: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...r-hs3-by-drule
    HS 3.0.0.548: 1990 Devices 1172 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 126 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Thank you for pointing that out. I was able to install and read instructions. However, I could not figure out how to establish a TCP connection. If you know how, that would be great.
      I configured a connection by entering IP address and port on which to connect with projector. Next, I configured some commands but that is where I think I am failing.

The required procedure for turning on a JVC projector consists of 4 steps.
      1. establish a TCP connection. It is described as "standard TCP/IP Three-Way Handshake". I believe it is, host send SYN; Projector sens SYN-ACK; host sends ACK.
      2. host sends a string "PJREQ"
      3. host sends a decimal value "115"
      4. host sends a hex string of "21 89 01 50 57 31 0A"

I tried to configure these commands but i failed. Can someone please help me to figure out how to configure above commands for this plugin?

Thank you

Comment

Have you thought about controlling with IR commands? Global Cache can learn IR commands .
        Blair

HomeSeer: HS3 Pro 3.0.0.548
        Hometroller S6 | Devices: 832 | Events: 211
        Plug-Ins: Z-Wave .252 | HSTouch | RFXCOM | UltraRachio3 | Sonos
        BLLAN | BLPLEX | BLLOCK | NetCAM | Global Cache Pro | Blur-Iris4

Comment

Hello,
          JVC projector support PJLINK Protocol?

If yes i control my epson projector with Nodered and Mqtt.

Jean-Francois.

Comment

Thanks for the IR suggestion but I am aware of this approach. The wiring is not convenient to make this happen. I have an Ethernet port right next to the projector for this purpose and JVC DLA-X30 supports all necessary commands via TCP. For example, Crestron controller implements this TCP connection to control the JVC. But, I am using HomeSeer and figure there should be a way to send these simple TCP messages.
            No, I am not aware that JVC supports PJLINK protocol. It is a 6 years old projector so IoT maybe too early for this model. But I am not totally sure.
            I just know that I have tried a windows app called Hercules and it is able to establish a TCP connection and send the message strings exactly as intended. Works great but it is a manual test application. I can not automate this app.
            So, I was hoping something like Big5 plugin or telnet to be used in HomeSeer. This is what I am looking for.

Comment

Working...
            X