Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

HomeSeer as a UI layer. receive and send ASCII and JSON

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HomeSeer as a UI layer. receive and send ASCII and JSON

Hello everybody, I'm new here and am looking forward to working with HomeSeer

I've got a client who wants a plugin for HomeSeer. I know nothing about HomeSeer and he is aware of it.

I seek your help to keep me on the right path. The second problem is that I can not VB.NET but C# I am good at. It should not be a problem,
    I can probably figure it out. but if you have the choice to help me in C# I appreciate it.

The task is that I need to use the HomeSeer as a UI layer.
    I need it to receive and send two languages ASCII and JSON.
    It will receive commands that will then switch state of a device in the UI.
    If you switch state of a device in HomeSeer, it should then send ASCII or JSON back.

I am aware that HomeSeer can receive JSON so here are some of the problem solved, I hope.

I hope you can help me to get started.

Best regards,
    Johan
    Attached Files

HS won't be able to just send JSON data based on a value change. You would have to invoke it from the client side. A plugin implements a callback where every device change is picked up immediately by the plugin. You also get much more flexibility out of a plugin with your own actions, triggers and conditions. Also, you can encapsulate your web ui in the plugin itself.
    Just something to think about.

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk
    HS3Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi3
    64 Z-Wave Nodes, 168 Events, 280 Devices
    UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
    Plugins: Z-Wave, BLRF, OMNI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
    HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

Comment

rmasonjr Thanks for the answer.

Where would you say I have to start making a plugin in visual studio?
      And do you know of some good tutorials? I've tried to find some without much success, a bit of code here and there.

Comment

Working...
      X