X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post

I hope it's an exaggeration. BTW, you don't need to set both, I usually set number events to 0. This also removes the event devices for this calendar.

I can add the "disable checkbox", may be later - it's really low priority.
      What I found with just setting the events to 0 is that it continues to poll. Maybe change the behavior so that if there are 0 events listed, it will not continue to poll?

Comment

Originally posted by slbuck View Post

What I found with just setting the events to 0 is that it continues to poll. Maybe change the behavior so that if there are 0 events listed, it will not continue to poll?
        Hmm, for me if I set events to 0 - the root status says "Not Used" and doesn't poll. I'll check.

And probably I need to add explicit "Use" checkbox in the config - many users have issues with this.

Comment

You are right.

Ok, version 3.0.0.32 (in BETA section of the updater until approved by HST) - Added "Enabled" checkbox config.

Originally posted by MattL0 View Post
          Can we remove the root device for a not used calendar? I guess it will be recreated
          If calendar is disabled - it deletes child (event) devices, but hides the calendar root device.

Comment

You meant I need to hide them? Or the plugin ‘’hides’’ them?

Comment

Originally posted by MattL0 View Post
              You meant I need to hide them? Or the plugin ‘’hides’’ them?
              the plugin ‘’hides’’ them. Same as my AKGoogleCast plugin - hides disabled devices.

Comment

Ok thanks Alex

Comment

My pleasure Matt

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post

the plugin ‘’hides’’ them. Same as my AKGoogleCast plugin - hides disabled devices.
                    I've made sure for all the calendars that I'm not wanting to use that the "Use" checkbox is not checked. I restarted the plug-in, but the root device still shows up with a "Not Used" for the status. Are these calendars supposed to be hidden, or is that just during the initial configuration? When I go to the config page now, it presents the list of calendars and a URL to get to the device configuration page, but no "Enabled" checkbox.

Comment

I've made sure for all the calendars that I'm not wanting to use that the "Use" checkbox is not checked. I restarted the plug-in, but the root device still shows up with a "Not Used" for the status. Are these calendars supposed to be hidden, or is that just during the initial configuration? When I go to the config page now, it presents the list of calendars and a URL to get to the device configuration page, but no "Enabled" checkbox.
                      Main "config page" is pretty useless and probably I should remove it. When you click the first link (Google Calendar) - you get the proper config page with "use" checkboxes:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2020-01-16 124427.png
Views:	153
Size:	226.0 KB
ID:	1354558

Comment

I've made sure for all the calendars that I'm not wanting to use that the "Use" checkbox is not checked. I restarted the plug-in, but the root device still shows up with a "Not Used" for the status. Are these calendars supposed to be hidden, or is that just during the initial configuration?
                        Did you select to hide "Marked Devices"?

Name:	2020-01-16.png
Views:	263
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	1354560

Comment

When I go to the config page now, it presents the list of calendars and a URL to get to the device configuration page, but no "Enabled" checkbox.
                          Ver 3.0.0.33 Added "Enabled" checkbox on main Config. This page is pretty useless, but removing it - a bit of work, so maybe one day.

Name:	Annotation 2020-01-16 160205.png
Views:	168
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	1354591

Comment

Hi.

I’m trying the plugin and so far I like it.

The are two features I really miss: To be able to “IF” in HS events if an event exist for today (or yet better a specific timespan) and to be able to access calendars by scripting (at least to be able to check in a Goggle Calendar event exist for today, or yet better for a specific timespan, and to create a Google Calendar event from scripts).

May be these are already here and I’m blind or there is a workaround to them, as I’m really surprised nobody asked for these features.

My use case for these features if to improve the automation of the HVAC, home security and notifications.

Comment

Originally posted by Mario from Spain View Post
                              Hi.

I’m trying the plugin and so far I like it.

The are two features I really miss: To be able to “IF” in HS events if an event exist for today (or yet better a specific timespan) and to be able to access calendars by scripting (at least to be able to check in a Goggle Calendar event exist for today, or yet better for a specific timespan, and to create a Google Calendar event from scripts).

May be these are already here and I’m blind or there is a workaround to them, as I’m really surprised nobody asked for these features.

My use case for these features if to improve the automation of the HVAC, home security and notifications.
                              All my plugins expose all internal functions via PluginFunction and PluginPropertyGet and PluginPropertySet.

If you provide more specific use cases I'll try to see if it's already availabe, if not - I can implement it.

But I always try to avoid scripting - in my view scripting is a workaround for limited plugin functionality. I try to provide maximum functionality using HS devices and triggers.

I.e. for "if an event exist for today" - there's a "Number of calendar event exceeds" trigger. Etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Mario from Spain View Post
                                yet better for a specific timespan
                                You can create a "Range" calendar for your required timespan - and then use "Number of calendar event exceeds" trigger for this calendar.

Let me know if you need help

Comment

Working...
                                X