Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to trigger an event n time before a gc event occur?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to trigger an event n time before a gc event occur?

Is it possible at this stage to trigger an hs3 event n time before a gc event occur (with string or something else in the name or description of the event?

Ex : i have a apointment with my doctor.

Every time a google calendar event has ‘’doctor somewhere in the name or description...
    i want to trigger a hs3 event 1 hours before the event occurs, 1 days before it occurs and let’s say 2 days before it occurs .

What is the procedure for this?

Didn’t play that much with the plugin yet. But will do tomorow.

thanks

I have a Trigger for Event reminder. So you set a reminder in Google Calendar 3 hrs before and set the Event Reminder trigger.
    I think this approach is better (and easier to use) than setting different triggers in HS. So in HS you have a single trigger which you don't need to change. But when you create the Calendar event - you add reminders in Google can make different for different events.

Of course if it's not suitable for users, I can add more settings in the Trigger like other plugins, but I really don't think it's necessary

A couple of notices:
    https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/in...ns-screenshots

1. Trigger functionality depends on the calendar configuration and works only for Calendar events displayed in HS. For example if you create a trigger for Event Reminder in Today Calendar and the Calendar Event starts tomorrow (so isn't displayed in Today calendar) and the event reminder is set for "One Day before the event" - it won't trigger. In other words, the Event Reminder trigger for Today Calendar only triggers for events starting today (i.e. within 24 hours)

2. Event Reminder Triggers work only for the reminder set explicitly for the event - not the default reminders. Google Calendar API provides only reminder "overrides" by default. It is possible though to get the default reminders to work if required - please add Feature Request.

Click image for larger version

Name:	TriggerReminderConfig.PNG
Views:	293
Size:	163.1 KB
ID:	1299677

Comment

Any way you can add this feature? The gcal event I want to work around is automatically created, so I don't have an easy way to add reminders to each event in gcal directly.

Comment

Originally posted by nomar383 View Post
        Any way you can add this feature? The gcal event I want to work around is automatically created, so I don't have an easy way to add reminders to each event in gcal directly.
        Do you mean to add support for default reminders? Sure, will do.

Comment

I mean support to trigger a homeseer event in advance of a gcal event, like the OP says. So if I have a "Work" event in gcal, I want to be able to have Homeseer trigger an event an hour earlier than the actual gcal event.

Comment

I was about to ask you about this, please see from post #14 https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/in...ature-requests

Comment

I thought about it. We will move to another apartment (currently renting a basement in a house) at the end of the month.

It’s possible that I won’t install the automation for a couple of months from now + I’ll have some personal priorities in the next months.. So my request is not a priority (at least for me ) at all, and I do not want to request something I won’t be able to test and validate from a user perspective. Nomar’s one seems more appropriate.

Thank again for the plugin!!

Comment

I would be able to test right away since this is pretty much the only use I have in mind for the plugin. Thanks for looking into it!

Comment

So, between "Supporting default reminders" and "Triggering Day/Hour/Min/sec before the event starts" you prefer the latter?
                  Sure I will implement both eventually, but I want to prioritise.

Currently I'm working on Sonoff plugin and want to finish it, then I'll do this.

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
                    So, between "Supporting default reminders" and "Triggering Day/Hour/Min/sec before the event starts" you prefer the latter?
                    Sure I will implement both eventually, but I want to prioritise.

Currently I'm working on Sonoff plugin and want to finish it, then I'll do this.
                    The latter for sure. I want to set a Homeseer event to fire hours/min/secs before the start of a gcal event

Comment

Originally posted by nomar383 View Post

The latter for sure. I want to set a Homeseer event to fire hours/min/secs before the start of a gcal event
                      Sure, ok.

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post

Sure, ok.
                        Any update on this feature?

Comment

I'm implementing now. Just got sidetracked by HS4 discussions...

Comment

nomar383
                            Version 1.0.017 (in Beta) - I added "Trigger Before" time option.

It was actually more code change than I expected, so for now only for Event Start. Can you please verify that it works reliably, then I will add it to "Event End" too.

Sorry for crowdsoursing the testing a bit, but it's quite late night here in Australia, so I'm falling asleep.

Click image for larger version  Name:	TriggerBeforeStart.png Views:	0 Size:	29.3 KB ID:	1328041

Comment

This works perfect ! Thanks alexbk66 .

Just ran a small test here.

I have to say this is a powerful option! And I guess it was not possible to add numbers of days ?

Thanks
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X