Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RenderCAD View Post
    Hello Alex
    I purchased the plugin after trying it for 2 weeks. I am very satisfied. When I told you about 01:00 on the clock I meant that if the "all day" event is used, the action starts from 01:00 am and not from 00:00 am. I would like to ask if it is possible to delete some automatically imported events so that they do not appear on the "device status" page and if after deleting them there is a way to reload them or not. Thanks
    Thank you Massimo. I guess it's two separate issues?

1. All day event triggers at 1:00? This looks like Daylight saving time (DST) setting mismatch between your computer and Google. Can you please check.
    2. Regarding deleting some events - I guess it's a feature request and should go to https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/in...ature-requests

Comment

RenderCAD Massimo, I published ver. 3.0.0.34 (in BETA section until approved by HST) - Added offset time to All Day Events (positive or negative).

I will add description and screenshot in main thread.

Comment

Thank you for the update,I Alex. If I set a positive offset of 8 hours, when should I expect an event to trigger?
        Karl S
        HS4Pro on Windows 10
        1070 Devices
        56 Z-Wave Nodes
        104 Events
        HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
        Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Originally posted by ksum View Post
          Thank you for the update,I Alex. If I set a positive offset of 8 hours, when should I expect an event to trigger?
          Should be 8 am?

Comment

Okay. Great. That is what I expected and I just wanted to confirm. First test didn't work for me but I think I had an error.
            Karl S
            HS4Pro on Windows 10
            1070 Devices
            56 Z-Wave Nodes
            104 Events

Comment

Okay. Great. That is what I expected and I just wanted to confirm. First test didn't work for me but I think I had an error.
              Please note that HS events have problems if you copy the event and start changing. Safer to create each event from scratch.

Comment

Actually, I have an issue syncing events with Google Home. If I create a new event and set it as a voice command I can no longer sync. If I copy an older event it will work. But in my case this is a new event. I need to do some troubleshooting before I make any issue claims with it though.
                Karl S
                HS4Pro on Windows 10
                1070 Devices
                56 Z-Wave Nodes
                104 Events

Comment

Actually, I have an issue syncing events with Google Home. If I create a new event and set it as a voice command I can no longer sync. If I copy an older event it will work. But in my case this is a new event. I need to do some troubleshooting before I make any issue claims with it though.
                  Sure, but please open new thread

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
                    Sorry, I mean the "Even Occured" for all day event would trigger at "0:00" - and then you are asking to trigger at "7:45". Which I suspect can't work.

So to make all day event trigger at particular time there are two options:

1. Add "Trigger After" positive time offset to "Calendar Event Occured" - the best option, but I'm afraid it's gonna be difficult to iplement
                    2. Add "Trigger Before" negative time offset to "Calendar Event Ended" - easier to implement, but less intuitive
                    Hi Alex
                    there seems to be some issue, maybe I don't write the commands correctly. Wanting to trigger the event at a specific time of day in a period of time in which a continuous event has been programmed in the calendar for example for 3 months (during the summer) and following the indication (1. Add "Trigger After" positive time offset to "Calendar Event Occured" ..) the sequence of the event should be the one that shows you in the screenshot (image 19) attached but also in this way it does not work. I tried the operation shortly after compiling it but perhaps it is necessary to verify it the next day. Now I will wait in the morning to find out if it works. I thought I understood everything and I used the plugin to manage the COVID emergency period in which by reporting a school break period on the calendar (image 22) I had automatically disabled certain events and everything worked well, but now with this function much simpler the plugin does not go. Do you have any advice for me?Thanks

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_91067.png
Views:	107
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	1399001

Name:	image_91068.png
Views:	83
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	1399002

Massimo-RenderCAD

Comment

Hi Alex
                      there seems to be some issue, maybe I don't write the commands correctly. Wanting to trigger the event at a specific time of day in a period of time in which a continuous event has been programmed in the calendar for example for 3 months (during the summer) and following the indication (1. Add "Trigger After" positive time offset to "Calendar Event Occured" ..) the sequence of the event should be the one that shows you in the screenshot (image 19) attached but also in this way it does not work. I tried the operation shortly after compiling it but perhaps it is necessary to verify it the next day. Now I will wait in the morning to find out if it works. I thought I understood everything and I used the plugin to manage the COVID emergency period in which by reporting a school break period on the calendar (image 22) I had automatically disabled certain events and everything worked well, but now with this function much simpler the plugin does not go. Do you have any advice for me?Thanks

Name:	image_91067.png
Views:	107
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	1399001

Name:	image_91068.png
Views:	83
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	1399002

Massimo-RenderCAD
                      Hi Massimo,

So you mean the event is 3 months long and you want trigger at 8 am every day during these 3 months?

Comment

Hi Alex
                        Yes exactly. Actually I simplified the situation as this plugin I use it in much more complex events but if it works here in this simple event it will also work in the others. The problem is, it doesn't work that way. Up to now I have used the plugin for events that are distributed on the calendar only on some hours of the day and not on the whole day and in these cases everything is ok. When I refer to events that take a period of full days, the issue occurs.Thanks
                        Massimo-RenderCAD

Comment

Hi Alex
                          Yes exactly. Actually I simplified the situation as this plugin I use it in much more complex events but if it works here in this simple event it will also work in the others. The problem is, it doesn't work that way. Up to now I have used the plugin for events that are distributed on the calendar only on some hours of the day and not on the whole day and in these cases everything is ok. When I refer to events that take a period of full days, the issue occurs.Thanks
                          Massimo-RenderCAD
                          Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think it can be done currently - because the time of the day (i.e. 8 am) should be a trigger, and calendar event is also a trigger. In HS you can only have one trigger (first IF), the rest is "conditions". You might try swapping two triggers around - i.e. time 8 AM first, calendar event second. Conditions are implemented slightly different - I tried to support conditions in my code, but I don't think I ever tested them.

If it doesn't work - I'll have to dig dipper, but I don't think it's feasible in HS3 now - because HS4 changed how triggers work anyways.

Another option is to add some HS device for events - which will be ON during the event, and OFF before/after. Then it should be easy to use it in your HS events. Any thoughts?

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think it can be done currently - because the time of the day (i.e. 8 am) should be a trigger, and calendar event is also a trigger. In HS you can only have one trigger (first IF), the rest is "conditions". You might try swapping two triggers around - i.e. time 8 AM first, calendar event second. Conditions are implemented slightly different - I tried to support conditions in my code, but I don't think I ever tested them.

If it doesn't work - I'll have to dig dipper, but I don't think it's feasible in HS3 now - because HS4 changed how triggers work anyways.

Another option is to add some HS device for events - which will be ON during the event, and OFF before/after. Then it should be easy to use it in your HS events. Any thoughts?
                            Hi Alex
                            I also tried to do what you say but if I activate the time first and look for the calendar as the next condition, I can no longer find the list regarding the calendar in the drop-down list that was active in the list if I was looking for it as initial trigger. I did not understand the function that remains visible "Number of Calendar events exceeds" but this is another thing.Thanks
                            Massimo-RenderCAD
                            Attached Files

Comment

The proper way to build an Event that runs at a certain time when on the day of a calendar event would be to use the time as the Trigger and the calendar event as a Condition:

IF The time is 8:00PM
                              AND IF The calendar event is “Mom’s Birthday”.

Unfortunately, this plugin does not offer a Condition of matching a calendar event.

The Trigger always has to be a specific moment in time. If the condition is specific such as “The time is 8:00PM”, the Event would only run if the Trigger became true at that exact moment, which would probably never happen.
                              HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                                The proper way to build an Event that runs at a certain time when on the day of a calendar event would be yo use the time as the Trigger and the calendar event as a Condition:

IF The time is 8:00PM
                                AND IF The calendar event is “Mom’s Birthday”.

Unfortunately, this plugin dies not offer a Condition of matching a calendar event.
                                Yeah, that's what I said. I will test it and fix if necessary.

It's really hard to understand how HS is supposed to work - and it takes really long time to get things working. Hopefully it will get better in HS4.

Comment

Working...
                                X