Run event at specific time with all day calendar event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RenderCAD View Post
    I did not understand the function that remains visible "Number of Calendar events exceeds" but this is another thing
    Some users asked to have trigger if the number of events in the calendar exceed some number. I.e. if I have more than 5 events today.

It looks like I did implement "condition" for this one.

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post

Yeah, that's what I said. I will test it and fix if necessary.

It's really hard to understand how HS is supposed to work - and it takes really long time to get things working. Hopefully it will get better in HS4.
      Hi, Randy and Alex
      First of all I want to thank you for your interest in my observation on the use of the plugin which immediately seemed interesting to me as soon as I got to know it even if I took some time to try to understand its potential which today is not at all obvious . One of the strengths of this plugin, for what I understood, was to allow the simplification in the choice of a time condition going to insert in the calendar instead of using the classic system provided by the homeseer functions. So, as Randy says: "The proper way to build an Event that runs at a certain time when on the day of a calendar event would be to use the time as the Trigger and the calendar event as a Condition: IF The time is 8 : 00PM - AND IF The calendar event is (Mom's Birthday) ", I thought this function was the basis of this plugin and I think this interpretation is common to all those approaching the use of this plugin. If this change is not too much complex for Alex who created this plugin I think it is the most logical thing to do in order to make it truly usable. Maybe this is more complex and difficult than I can think of but if my job is to provide you with inputs to improve the use of the homeseer product as a whole and this is the thing that interests me most also for my customers to whom I propose the use of this platform, what I can do is to invite Alex to achieve this improvement. Thanks
      Massimo-RenderCAD

Comment

Originally posted by RenderCAD View Post
        as Randy says: "The proper way to build an Event that runs at a certain time when on the day of a calendar event would be to use the time as the Trigger and the calendar event as a Condition: IF The time is 8 : 00PM - AND IF The calendar event is (Mom's Birthday) ", I thought this function was the basis of this plugin and I think this interpretation is common to all those approaching the use of this plugin. If this change is not too much complex for Alex who created this plugin I think it is the most logical thing to do in order to make it truly usable. Maybe this is more complex and difficult than I can think of but if my job is to provide you with inputs to improve the use of the homeseer product as a whole and this is the thing that interests me most also for my customers to whom I propose the use of this platform, what I can do is to invite Alex to achieve this improvement. Thanks
        Massimo-RenderCAD
        Hi Massimo, thank you for your input - it makes the plugin better!

Yeah, my original idea (coming from ) was to use Google calendar (and other calendars later) events as triggers. I.e. do something when event starts. So the Google calendar event is always first in the HS event configuration.

As I said - and it's not too obvious - in HS first "IF" is the trigger, the following IFs are conditions. And internal implementation is different.

I only implemented "Number of Calendar events exceeds" to support condition. I'll see what's involved to convert other triggers to conditions.

Comment

Would the condition level be a better implementation for triggering an all day calendar event at a given time as well? If the time is 07:00 and a calendar event named work from home then turn on the office receptacles, music, and batten down the hatches!
          Karl S
          HS4Pro on Windows 10
          1070 Devices
          56 Z-Wave Nodes
          104 Events
          HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
          Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Originally posted by ksum View Post
            Would the condition level be a better implementation for triggering an all day calendar event at a given time as well? If the time is 07:00 and a calendar event named work from home then turn on the office receptacles, music, and batten down the hatches!
            Yeah, that's exactly what Massimo RenderCAD is asking

Comment

Originally posted by randy View Post
              The proper way to build an Event that runs at a certain time when on the day of a calendar event would be to use the time as the Trigger and the calendar event as a Condition:

IF The time is 8:00PM
              AND IF The calendar event is “Mom’s Birthday”.

Unfortunately, this plugin does not offer a Condition of matching a calendar event.

The Trigger always has to be a specific moment in time. If the condition is specific such as “The time is 8:00PM”, the Event would only run if the Trigger became true at that exact moment, which would probably never happen.
              randy it's not exactly true - the event with offset is still a trigger - not a condition.

It was a bug which I fixed in HS4 version https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...et#post1459845

I still need to investigate using as a condition though

Comment

Originally posted by randy View Post
                The proper way to build an Event that runs at a certain time when on the day of a calendar event would be to use the time as the Trigger and the calendar event as a Condition:

IF The time is 8:00PM
                AND IF The calendar event is “Mom’s Birthday”.

Unfortunately, this plugin does not offer a Condition of matching a calendar event.

The Trigger always has to be a specific moment in time. If the condition is specific such as “The time is 8:00PM”, the Event would only run if the Trigger became true at that exact moment, which would probably never happen.
                This is what I was hoping for as well. I had made a post in a similar situation not aware of this thread: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/in...-trigger-logic

Comment

Hi Massimo, thank you for your input - it makes the plugin better!

Yeah, my original idea (coming from ) was to use Google calendar (and other calendars later) events as triggers. I.e. do something when event starts. So the Google calendar event is always first in the HS event configuration.

As I said - and it's not too obvious - in HS first "IF" is the trigger, the following IFs are conditions. And internal implementation is different.

I only implemented "Number of Calendar events exceeds" to support condition. I'll see what's involved to convert other triggers to conditions.
                  I have no problem triggering an HS event when a calendar event starts/finishes, but it would be nice to also be able to trigger an HS Event on any time frame if a Calendar Event simply "exists" for a given day. That's what I was hoping for.

Comment

Originally posted by begunfx View Post

I have no problem triggering an HS event when a calendar event starts/finishes, but it would be nice to also be able to trigger an HS Event on any time frame if a Calendar Event simply "exists" for a given day. That's what I was hoping for.
                    That would be possible and preferred if there were a Condition to look for specifics in a calendar event today. Ideally one would want to trigger any HS Event based on a Google calendar event at a specific time, unless one was controlling a Virtual Device.

HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

This is HS3 forum.

The condition is implemented in HS4 version https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/in...-trigger-logic

Comment

This is HS3 forum.

The condition is implemented in HS4 version https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/in...-trigger-logic
                        Sorry, I didn’t pay attention to the forum this was in.

HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
                        X