Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Instructions outdated on how to use this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Instructions outdated on how to use this?

I was trying to follow the instructions, but get stuck:

Instruction say:

Click image for larger version

Name:	google.PNG
Views:	180
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	1414061

But when I click that button "enable the Google calendar API" something different happens.

After clicking:

1: it asks me to name a new project...fair enough, I name it calendar..
    2: I then need to configure my Oauth client, it presents me with a dropdown, but no idea what to pick here...

Name:	google 2.PNG
Views:	139
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	1414062

So I am kinda stuck......

Thanks

Originally posted by darkjamzi View Post
    I was trying to follow the instructions, but get stuck:

Instruction say:

Click image for larger version  Name:	google.PNG Views:	3 Size:	96.6 KB ID:	1414061

But when I click that button "enable the Google calendar API" something different happens.

I will check, it's possible that Google changed something, or HS4 is different.
    So far nobody complained though. And there are 3 different ways to configure.

Comment

I checked, nothing changed. You select "Desktop App" - then you get

Name:	Annotation 2020-08-26 003625.png
Views:	151
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	1414076

Comment

Hi All,

I am having a hell of a time attempting to get this AK Calendar to work!

I think I followed the posted guide correctly, and tried both methods - but no luck.

It looks like HS4 can not establishing the connection

- In both cases when creating the API I selected the type "desktop App".

What am I missing?
        ---------------------------------------

- Here is the latest try used the method "Create Google API Credentials.

help!

Attached Files

Comment

Did you place those xxxxxx's in there for the screenshot? If not, that is not the correct ID and Secret. I have the calendar working in HS4 without issue as far as the connection is concerned. It has been too long since I set it up, though, so I cannot be a lot of help.
          Karl S
          HS4Pro on Windows 10
          1070 Devices
          56 Z-Wave Nodes
          104 Events
          HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
          Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Originally posted by Paulo View Post
            I am having a hell of a time attempting to get this AK Calendar to work!
            help!
            Man, can you provide details:
            1. Are you on Linux or Windows?
            2. What exactly doesn't work, i.e. what's happening?
            3. What's in the logs?

How do you expect help without any info?

Comment

Sorry Alex, my bad...

(FYI - the "XXX's " in the pic I posted were to mask the IDs')

As for the issue:

- I am running HS4 on a win10 machine.
              - the problem I experienced was that I couldn't get the the plugin/API to register with Google calendar.

BUT

I decided to try one last time re-doing the setup before replying to this post - and now it worked!

I received the authorization request on google side and I am able to see/load the various calendars within the AK plugin.

The unfortunate part in all this is I can't really tell you what the "hick-up" was, if it was a human error on my part or something else

I am quite sure I did do the re-install/setup exactly as I was doing in the past though.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulo View Post
                Sorry Alex, my bad...

I am quite sure I did do the re-install/setup exactly as I was doing in the past though.
                Google over-complicated the security/authentication, sometimes the authentication process may fail. It's designed for the webapps, not console app like HS. It's even more of issue on Linux...

But once you have the authentication token - all should be good. It's valid for 6 months, but if you refresh it regularly (by just using the plugin) - it shouldn't expire.

Comment

Working...
                X