Trigger event on connect or disconnect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trigger event on connect or disconnect

I don't see any event triggers, is that right? I'm trying to set my home occupancy based on whether my phone connects / disconnects to the network. I've got the device showing in status as connected, but I don't see any way to do anything other than send an email out.

What am I missing?

Thanks!

Try using a device change event (100 for connect and 0 for disconnect)
    Try that and let me know
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Update: oops, i just realized I had the event disabled, so nothing would trigger it. After enabling it, the "value changes and becomes" range of 99-101 seemed to do the trick for turning it on.

Thanks!

Original post:
      Thanks for the reply, that seems pretty straightforward, and I just tried this. No matter I try, it doesn't trigger.

I have:
      IF Global Sean Pixel had its value set to a value in the range of 99 to 101
      I also tried the "value changes and becomes" option instead, neigher of them worked.

Also, the action for this device doesn't let me set a single control, only a range. (so I tried 100 - 100; and as you can see 99 - 100

Thanks!

Comment

Blade

It appears that the event runs twice every time and duplicates some notifications for me.
        IF Global Sean Pixel had its value set to a value in the range of 0 to 0
        I cannot tell what is causing the event to run twice. Have you seen this issue before? It may not be your plugin, but I haven't seen this on other events before.

I do have the ping failure set to 2, I wonder if after it fails on the second time, it sets the value twice. I'll try changing this and check if it correlates.

Edit:
        I set the ping failures to 4, and it still only runs twice.

I also tried manually triggering the event, and it does not duplicate my notifications, so I know it is not something downstream causing the issue. I think something in the BLLAN plugin causes the device to be set twice. For now i've just set the options to not allow rerun for 5 seconds, and that seems to have solved my issue for now.

Edit 2:
        i found that if I use the trigger "value changed and becomes" instead of "had its value set", then it only runs once. Problem solved I suppose.
        Last edited by smikkelsen; August 19, 2018, 12:32 AM.

Comment

Glad you solved it
          Cheers,
          Bob
          Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Working...
          X