Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 and DeviceValues

Hi

I am in the process of trialing HS3Pro and your BLLAN & BLUPS plugins. I have them installed and they seem to be working well, however i am confused around event creation. I apologize if this is more around HS3 than specifically your plugin.

Firstly does your plugin have its own event triggers (either one, e.g. BLLAN Host goes online / offline, or BLUPS status on AC Power or on Battery Power) or has this kind of event trigger (rather than group trigger) been replaced by some other mechanism in HS3.

secondly, when i create hosts in BLLAN (as an example), i have two seperate hosts, one which i know is online, and another dummy host which does not exist so will always report pings as offline. When i look in the device properties the values and status always appear as 0, or 0 = OFF, regardless of the status of the host (e.g. offline or online). Is this something that is ment to happen or have I done something wrong along the way?

What is the best way to achieve event triggers for power changing to off or on (e.g. On Battery Power), or hosts going Offline or Coming offline with these plugins?

Thanks for your help , I look forward to giving BLRADAR a go when either the ACRF plugin is finished, or I can get XAP working between HS2 & HS3

Cheers,

Trav Hale.
    HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

You should be able to use the device value of the devices created by BLLAN. The device value should change when online and offline. I believe 1 is online and 0 is offline.
    I will check this when I get home and test that it works. Maybe I have an issue in the plugin. That is what this testing is all about
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Try the new build of BLLAN in the updater
      Cheers,
      Bob

Comment

Thanks Bob,

That was a very quick response!!!
        HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Comment

No problem. Let me know how it works.
          Cheers,
          Bob

Comment

Should i do the same with BLUPS or will you let me know about that one, as it seemed to be doing the same thing (DeviceValue not populated).

Just FYI, I will download it a bit later as the updater reports the below for all your plugins:

Install Name Type Installed Available Cost Provider
            (U1) Plug-in information is temporarily unavailable
            Release Info Unknown XXXXXXXX Unknown Unknown

Comment

I just updated all plugins last night to fix the device value issue (that took me a bit)
              They should all be ok now. Get the new version from the Updater and try it out.
              Let me know if you still see issues.
              Cheers,
              Bob

Comment

Hi Bob,

I came across a bug in the updater which prevented me from being able to update the plugin through the updater, however i copied the hspi files for the updated BLLAN and BLUPS plugins.

I have checked the BLLAN and can confirm a value of 0 is applied for an offline host, and a value of 1 (1 = dim) is applied for an online host.

Thanks for the very quick fix

Comment

Yes the updater does not seem to update plugins.
                  It says it failed to update and will try on the next restart but the next restart does not install it.
                  I have emailed Rich about this and have not heard back yet. Rich did say that they took out the code on startup to install plugins. I am not sure why they did this as it seemed to work well in HS2.

I really hope they fix this because it is a pain. You have to disable the plugin, then update it and then enable it again.
                  Cheers,
                  Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
                    I really hope they fix this because it is a pain. You have to disable the plugin, then update it and then enable it again.
                    Bob,

In my case I had to disable the BlBackup plugin, restart HS and then install the update. Otherwise the HSPI- execuatable would still be locked.
                    I think in someway closing the plugin does not free the executable file completely I think?

Regards,

Wim
                    -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

I never restarted to try the automatic updater, but with plugin disabled i was unable to install updater. I just ended up doing the update, which put the files in the updates3 folder, then copied the files out of that into the appropriate dir, then restarted HS3 and it worked.

Comment

Bllan 2.0.3.0

I installed BLLAN and configured a bunch of computers. Mostly I did this because I wanted to get some devices into HS3 to evaluate the floorplan feature and play around with events to test. (really to reply to your poll about BLfloorplan).

What I noticed is that the graphic icons for offline and online computers does not display correctly. In the HS3 device status page there is no graphic--just the current text status of each PC. Not even which PC--just if it is on/offline, and when it came on/offline. In the device management list there are also no graphics.

The only place there are graphics are in the BLLAN plugin Status page.

Ideally the on the HS3 device status page (the page with the floorplan) there would be an icon reflecting connection status, and the homeseer device name.

Would you like this kind of feedback on your site, or in this forum?

Thanks again for giving a huge number of plugins to test HS3 with.

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
                        Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
                        Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

I took out the image in the device string and started using the Image property on the device class in HS3. I thought the image property should show in the image on the device management page but it does not.
                          I am thinking of putting back the image in the device string.
                          Cheers,
                          Bob

Comment

I took out the image in the device string and started using the Image property on the device class in HS3. I thought the image property should show in the image on the device management page but it does not.
                            It seems odd that in the device management view (floorplan view), it would only show the status. I guess if it's a light then it works well. The location and image tell what, where and status. For a computer rack with a lot of computers it is not as intuitive. I just get a list of offline/online and for how long without any idea which computer it is. If you put the image in then I will have the same info--now with a graphic. I would ideally like the name of the computer on that page. But then again--the non-floorplan view may just be better for this type of device.

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
                            Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
                            Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Blade,

Did you ever change image display back? Now indeed i do not see the image and it misses the 'quick' overview on online or offline. Partly also because I disabled updating the string with times due to the rebaulding of gramar files in the speaker.

Regards,

Wim
                              -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

Working...
                              X