Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Close to pulling the trigger on purchasing.... what are the latest updates and what's coming soon?
    My home is smarter than your honor roll student.

Comment

Just purchased during the sale. Any new updates coming?

Comment

Originally posted by jeubanks View Post
        Just purchased during the sale. Any new updates coming?

Is there anything the plugin doesn't do that you'd like it to? Personally I can't think of anything. It's rock solid for me and gives every option I could imagine. That doesn't mean that there are more possibilities of course.
        Originally posted by rprade
        There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
          Is there anything the plugin doesn't do that you'd like it to? Personally I can't think of anything. It's rock solid for me and gives every option I could imagine. That doesn't mean that there are more possibilities of course.
          As of yet feature wise. No. It does everything I can think of. I was mostly asking due to an issue I'm having.

Background is:

HS3 .435 on Linux (Ubuntu 18.04 Server)
          Latest Mono

I only noticed this today and it's been running fine all weekend. However today I did a full server reboot as I was having some issues that I thought were left overs from a power outage a day go. AFTER the reboot and HS3 was running EventGhost Plugin was consuming 100% CPU on a QUAD core AMD processor. I killed EG and CPU went back to normal. I then started EG again and things are running perfectly fine.

I first noticed this today when I was running a z-wave optimize and the whole thing was running VERY slow and the web interface was not responding. So I check my terminal window and processes and there was the EG plugin using 100% CPU. I killed and started and things ran fine. I did the optimize and then waiting a while and rebooted the whole system. Then I saw that EG was again consuming 100% CPU.

I have no idea what is causing it as at this time I only have 4 EG events total coming from 2 PC's. Idle, UnIdle for when the PC's are in use. That's it. But it seems that EG gets stuck in some loop until it's killed and restarted, maybe it has to do with HS3 starting up and not being fully up? Not sure. I'm wondering if I can put a delay in the plugin startup somehow to test the theory.

Comment

I'll take a look when I get back from vacation.

Comment

Originally posted by kingfetty View Post
              I'll take a look when I get back from vacation.
              Ok. Here's a screenshot from just a minute ago. For no apparent reason EG is using a ton of CPU.

Comment

Jeubanks,

When I first tried out this plugin I loaded the most recent pre-release version of EventGhost (July 2017), as opposed to the most recent release version of EventGhost (Feb 2016). I encountered the same thing and HomeSeer became unstable (slowed considerably, required rebooting). I disabled the plugin and uninstalled Eventghost. About a month ago I installed the most recent release version of EventGhost (Feb 2016), and I have not seen any of the problems I described above. I should note that I haven't really used the plugin quite yet, but at the moment it is running and things are ok.

In terms of new features, I will ask a dumb question for kingfetty (Eric?). I know that the plugin can be used to access Jriver. An open question that I am trying to figure out concerns the best way for me to browse my music collection, which relies on Jriver. Does the plugin provide functionality for browsing music using Jriver and also HSTouch? If not, and if this would fall within the scope of your plugin, I would love to see the functionality as it would solve a problem for me.

Thanks!

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by DaveW42 View Post
                  Jeubanks,

When I first tried out this plugin I loaded the most recent pre-release version of EventGhost (July 2017), as opposed to the most recent release version of EventGhost (Feb 2016). I encountered the same thing and HomeSeer became unstable (slowed considerably, required rebooting). I disabled the plugin and uninstalled Eventghost. About a month ago I installed the most recent release version of EventGhost (Feb 2016), and I have not seen any of the problems I described above. I should note that I haven't really used the plugin quite yet, but at the moment it is running and things are ok.

In terms of new features, I will ask a dumb question for kingfetty (Eric?). I know that the plugin can be used to access Jriver. An open question that I am trying to figure out concerns the best way for me to browse my music collection, which relies on Jriver. Does the plugin provide functionality for browsing music using Jriver and also HSTouch? If not, and if this would fall within the scope of your plugin, I would love to see the functionality as it would solve a problem for me.

Thanks!

Dave
                  Interesting. I'm running the version from plugin manager. Standard release not in beta section. Version: 1.0.16302.20 I'll have to dig more to get the release date. I only brought it up because I didn't notice this problem when I was running HS3 on Windows 10. I only noticed it now that I migrated to Linux.

Comment

Dear Jeubanks,

Note that I was talking about the release and pre-release version of EventGhost, not Kingfetty's HS plugin that interfaces with EventGhost. Based on my experience, I wasn't quite sure whether there was a problem with the EventGhost pre-release version, or if the HS plugin wasn't built yet to handle the latest EventGhost release. In either case, going to the RELEASE version of EventGhost addressed the issue (using the newest, non-beta version of Kingfetty's HS plugin). Hope that helps clarify.

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by DaveW42 View Post
                      Dear Jeubanks,

Note that I was talking about the release and pre-release version of EventGhost, not Kingfetty's HS plugin that interfaces with EventGhost. Based on my experience, I wasn't quite sure whether there was a problem with the EventGhost pre-release version, or if the HS plugin wasn't built yet to handle the latest EventGhost release. In either case, going to the RELEASE version of EventGhost addressed the issue (using the newest, non-beta version of Kingfetty's HS plugin). Hope that helps clarify.

Dave
                      Yes that clarifies things. It's not the EventGhost application on my Windows PC that's having the issue. It's the EventGhost Plugin on my Linux HS3 Server that's having the run away CPU issue.

With the Plugin being on my Linux box the only interface with the actual EG program is a network connection that is not persistent. When EG fires the event from my PC it sends the event and disconnects.

I restarted the plugin and I'll watch and when it's acting up again I'll do a trace on the process and see if I can see what it's doing.

Comment

Back now and looking into this.

What version of HS3 you using?
                        What version of Mono is installed?

I'll get a lab box up to see if I can recreate it.

Comment

Originally posted by kingfetty View Post
                          Back now and looking into this.

What version of HS3 you using?
                          What version of Mono is installed?

I'll get a lab box up to see if I can recreate it.
                          At the time I was running latest of everything.

HS3 .435
                          Linux: Ubuntu 18.04
                          Mono: Latest

I'll have to go back and check for specifics. In between then and now I rebuilt my Primary HS3 box with Windows 10 Pro and I have had NO issues. So I think it was specific to Linux. Doing a trace on the process it looks like it got caught in a run away loop. I haven't spent much time investigating further as I just went back to Windows for now.

Comment

Working...
                          X