X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Usage Stories and Ideas

Originally posted by kingfetty View Post
    Random post... I just keep finding more and more uses for this thing.

At this point I've pretty much mapped my entire house to be able to be controlled from my RF Tivo Slide Pro remote. So far I can:
    • Turn on/off lights
    • Heat up the Spa
    • Turn on the gas fireplace
    • Change the thermostat temperature in the great room
    • Open/Close garage doors
    • Control the whole house audio

I'm thinking of building an on-screen menu within eventghost that pops up for home control and allows interaction. This is all with sending events from EG to HS. I'm still brainstorming on things HS can send to EG. Possibly OSD popups when events occur, or muting volume when doorbell rings. I think the OSD will prove useful.

What cool things have you all setup so far?
    I like this idea, I have been combing the interwebs for similar ideas. so far I got this plugin to control my yamaha rx reciever as it has an eventghost plugin to control the functions. seeing the value of this system I would like ideas for more things to do.

Any chance you can get your own forum section for this plugin?

Usage Stories and Ideas

This is a thread to list out ways you're using your EventGhost and HomeSeer integration.

I'll start with a repost from the other thread some of the things I've already done with mine.

At this point I've pretty much mapped my entire house to be able to be controlled from my RF Tivo Slide Pro remote. So far I can:
    • Turn on/off lights
    • Heat up the Spa

• Have a device that represents each of my AV equipment
    • Can turn the device in homeseer on/off and EG gets the results and relays them as CEC commands
    • Can make decision now based upon the status of my equipment
    • Sends a mute command to the TV when my phone rings.
    • Can send commands to PLEX now from Homeseer via EventGhost (stop/play/pause/etc)

How do you intend to use, or have already setup your EventGhost and HomeSeer systems?

Comment

This is a thread to list out ways you're using your EventGhost and HomeSeer integration.

I'll start with a repost from the other thread some of the things I've already done with mine.

• Turn on/off lights
      • Heat up the Spa

• Have a device that represents each of my AV equipment
      • Can turn the device in homeseer on/off and EG gets the results and relays them as CEC commands
      • Can make decision now based upon the status of my equipment
      • Sends a mute command to the TV when my phone rings.
      • Can send commands to PLEX now from Homeseer via EventGhost (stop/play/pause/etc)

How do you intend to use, or have already setup your EventGhost and HomeSeer systems?

Hi kingfetty,

Can you please expand abit more on how easily you can fire/send CEC commands with this plugin? Or even better create an HDMI-cec plugin for Eventghost to make things easier for novices like me.

Remember this :http://rainshadowtech.com/HdmiCecUsb.html it was resticted to a Windows computer!
      But what if? I even started this post here :http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=184709 but no one came along

Then I installed your plugin but can't find a way around it. Can you imagine Media Portal even a has even an EventGhost-HDMI-cec plugin?

Please help.

Eman.
      Last edited by Eman; November 15th, 2016, 11:14 AM.
      The People's Advocate.

Comment

how the heck did I end up as post #1 in this thread lol?

Comment

I moved it over from the other thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Eman View Post
            Hi kingfetty,

Can you please expand abit more on how easily you can fire/send CEC commands with this plugin? Or even better create an HDMI-cec plugin for Eventghost to make things easier for novices like me.

Remember this :http://rainshadowtech.com/HdmiCecUsb.html it was resticted to a Windows computer!
            But what if? I even started this post here :http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=184709 but no one came along

Then I installed your plugin but can't find a way around it. Can you imagine Media Portal even a has even an EventGhost-HDMI-cec plugin?

Please help.

Eman.
            I use PulseEight's CEC adapter, their latest versions of libCEC ship with an eventghost plugin, you just have to install it by copying it into the correct directory under the EventGhost install.

I map a HomeSeer Event to sending an event to EventGhost. The corresponding event on EventGhost sends the CEC command.

Here's a simple example of my setup:

Homeseer Device: "TV"
            Homeseer Event: When TV changes status to off send evenghost event "TV Off"
            Homeseer Event: When TV changes status to on send evenghost event "TV On"

EventGhost event: "TV Off" -> Send CEC command via PulseEight adapter to TV to turn off.
            EventGhost event: "TV On" -> Send CEC command via PulseEight adapter to TV to turn on.

Now if I toggle the HomeSeer device Off or On, the TV responds. I have even gone and integrated my Amazon Dot, so I can say "Alexa, turn on the TV" and she will do so.

Comment

I use PulseEight's CEC adapter, their latest versions of libCEC ship with an eventghost plugin, you just have to install it by copying it into the correct directory under the EventGhost install.

I map a HomeSeer Event to sending an event to EventGhost. The corresponding event on EventGhost sends the CEC command.

Here's a simple example of my setup:

Homeseer Device: "TV"
              Homeseer Event: When TV changes status to off send evenghost event "TV Off"
              Homeseer Event: When TV changes status to on send evenghost event "TV On"

EventGhost event: "TV Off" -> Send CEC command via PulseEight adapter to TV to turn off.
              EventGhost event: "TV On" -> Send CEC command via PulseEight adapter to TV to turn on.

Now if I toggle the HomeSeer device Off or On, the TV responds. I have even gone and integrated my Amazon Dot, so I can say "Alexa, turn on the TV" and she will do so.

Where is the link to that plugin? For years now we've been asking for that plugin on the Pulse Eight forums until I gave up! I even have quite a number of their devices including their HDMI network extenders! But have never got to the Holy Grail ===> " The EventGhost CEC Plugin" I gave up looking and that's when I found the Tasker Plugin for HomeSeer which I diverted all my attention to because it could do some of the things I did with EventGhost like ====> Phone status but plus much more. I gusss I should have stayed in there. Anyway disregard/excuse my predicament and lets talk business! Where is that plugin?

I wish you could build a smart one but who knows?

Eman.
              The People's Advocate.

Comment

Where is the link to that plugin? For years now we've been asking for that plugin on the Pulse Eight forums until I gave up! I even have quite a number of their devices including their HDMI network extenders! But have never got to the Holy Grail ===> " The EventGhost CEC Plugin" I gave up looking and that's when I found the Tasker Plugin for HomeSeer which I diverted all my attention to because it could do some of the things I did with EventGhost like ====> Phone status but plus much more. I gusss I should have stayed in there. Anyway disregard/excuse my predicament and lets talk business! Where is that plugin?

I wish you could build a smart one but who knows?

Eman.

https://github.com/Pulse-Eight/libce...src/EventGhost

Comment

Never mind! I think I found it here :https://github.com/Pulse-Eight/libce...src/EventGhost

Sweeeeeeeeet!

Eman.
                  The People's Advocate.

Comment

Nice one ! Can I retract my post?

Eman.
                    The People's Advocate.

Comment

Hello kingfetty,

There is abit of a problem:- I installed this version of .py from here :http://www.eventghost.net/forum/view...php?f=9&t=5907 but then it asked for the client so I downloaded the installer from here :http://libcec.pulse-eight.com/Downloads but it come with the plugin!
                      So the installer repaired the EventGhost folder and replaced it with the version which comes with the installer. I assume I should have unticked the EventGhost plungin duling installation . why? Because that version seems to control locally . Any ideas? How does yours look like?

NOTE : I wish to contol over the network.

Eman.
                      The People's Advocate.

Comment

Hello kingfetty,

There is abit of a problem:- I installed this version of .py from here :http://www.eventghost.net/forum/view...php?f=9&t=5907 but then it asked for the client so I downloaded the installer from here :http://libcec.pulse-eight.com/Downloads but it come with the plugin!
                        So the installer repaired the EventGhost folder and replaced it with the version which comes with the installer. I assume I should have unticked the EventGhost plungin duling installation . why? Because that version seems to control locally . Any ideas? How does yours look like?

NOTE : I wish to contol over the network.

Eman.
                        So the EventGhost install needs to be on the same device that has the PulseEight adapter hooked up. I assume you have some linux box running using the Pulse-Eight adapter and you're trying to control it remotely via eventghost.

This is not possible.

My setup is:

HTPC running:
                        Windows 10
                        Plex Media Player
                        Steam w/ various games
                        Xbox Wireless controller receiver
                        Tivo Slide Pro USB receiver
                        EventGhost

EventGhost Setup:
                        Tivo Slide Remote Pro plugin mapping keys to Plex or Steam based button press. (Live TV button switches to Plex mode, Input button switches to Steam mode for games)
                        LibCEC plugin sending commands over the HDMI bus
                        Remote Network Event Plugin to send/receive from HomeSeer

Comment

So the EventGhost install needs to be on the same device that has the PulseEight adapter hooked up. I assume you have some linux box running using the Pulse-Eight adapter and you're trying to control it remotely via eventghost.

This is not possible.

My setup is:

HTPC running:
                          Windows 10
                          Plex Media Player
                          Steam w/ various games
                          Xbox Wireless controller receiver
                          Tivo Slide Pro USB receiver
                          EventGhost

EventGhost Setup:
                          Tivo Slide Remote Pro plugin mapping keys to Plex or Steam based button press. (Live TV button switches to Plex mode, Input button switches to Steam mode for games)
                          LibCEC plugin sending commands over the HDMI bus
                          Remote Network Event Plugin to send/receive from HomeSeer
                          What I have tested so far : Data cable is connected to HS3 pc, ====> HDMI connected to port 1 of AVR on the TV-port of the CEC device ====> Another HDMI cable from the PC-port of the device to the TV.

Now the TV and the AVR can switch each other ON/OFF from EventGhost on HomeSeer server (Using the Demo XML on GIT HUB)

Have not changed any settings in AVR or the TV yet plus the other devices are not being switched yet.===> I have got alot more testing to do. This is abit dirty but close to networking!

Eman.
                          The People's Advocate.

Comment

Now kingfetty,

You "opened a can of worms"====> You have more work to do ===> The possibilities are crazy!

What if the CEC devices had IP addresses? I know the KWIKWAI does but maybe like Nodemcu then networking could be possible But also long range USB over network! ====> I have only tested with a longer cable from HomeSeer to the device and it works!

NOTE : 1. On Windows Server 2012 essentials R2 you set permissions for EventGhost (Right click and set permissions to run as Administrator) otherwise to you get errors when you try to save.

2. I found the .py here :http://www.eventghost.net/forum/view...php?f=9&t=5907 quite intresting because it shows the CEC trafic.

So I deleted the folder installed by EventGhost and replaced with that one!

Verdict =====> This is cool

Next step ===> How can the events be called from your plugin? ===> I have not checked yet!

The extra CEC trafic in the image below were create by a remote control button VOL +

Thank you so much so far! I hope you come up with some cool improvements on this.

Eman.
                            Attached Files
                            The People's Advocate.

Comment

If you have the plugin installed, when you goto Plugins -> EventGhost -> User Setup Guide it will walk you through setting up the plugin to send events to eventghost.

Comment

Working...
                              X