Tips and Tricks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips and Tricks

What I have done so far in my EventGhost tree.

Think HSTouch, Think remotes and think of the impossible as possible!

For those like me who find scripting a headache (Note: Python scripting when creating event will help you send (API's) urls!)

NOTE:
    1.Look out if you want to use the XBMC2 plugin in EventGhost! If you have KODI plugin in HomeSeer, then turn off/untick the JSON notifications in the XBMC2 plugin=====> Otherwise your processor will cook
    2.You will find port 1024 popping everywhere! Change it where else you want to use another plugin which uses the same port.

Think more!!!

Thank you all.

Eman.
    Attached Files
    The People's Advocate.

You want to do more?

If you are one of those who use KODI and KODI on Android Tablets and/or KODI in other rooms say, you leave a room and go to another and you have Kinect or motion sensors in those rooms ====> Now picture this ...... "Spare you the details" Just go out and play!

The possibilities are infinite
    Just check out that EventGhost tree: Image below.

VERDICT:

My vote again for plugin of the year 2016

Eman.
    Attached Files
    The People's Advocate.

Comment

Some truly great ideas... keep up the good work.

Comment

Originally posted by Eman
        Tip:

Sender actions are not needed in the EventGhost tree once you finished creating the events in HomeSeer. Because the receiver is the only one waiting for the created events the EventGhost side.

Eman
        EDIT:
        I hereby hold judgement on this post I made. I just can't find what the sender part does otherwise I will have retract the post. I don't know if it's the server (Windows Server 2012 essentials R2) holding the events going to HomeSeer but everything is in place, Event from HomeSeer to EventGhost works fine!

Eman.
        Last edited by Eman; November 24th, 2016, 11:55 AM.
        The People's Advocate.

Comment

Originally posted by Eman
          Tip:

Sender actions are not needed in the EventGhost tree once you finished creating the events in HomeSeer. Because the receiver is the only one waiting for the created events the EventGhost side.

Eman

EDIT:
          Please not that this post is null and void ====>DOES NOT APPLY!
          It was a misunderstanding on my behalf and thus take back everything.

Eman.
          The People's Advocate.

Comment

Working...
          X