This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mminehan View Post

Have you looked at the UltraMon pluggin? I set it up to notify when an 'unknown' device joined our network. But to be honest it became quite annoying after a while so I stopped doing that. But it does a good job a tracking all the network devices and can alert you when a device has been offline for a while.
    Confirming that Ultramon works great for this... but it has been really nice to shut off the UltraMon continuously scanning the network in favor of UniFi logging it natively in the switches/APs.

So, yeah... not sure what the mechanism would be... but it would be cool to be alerted to any new device showing up, I guess. In my case, I might only want to be alerted if they're in a small IP range - the ones that are for guest devices. Cool idea.

Also confirming that the randomization thing is the norm on Andriod devices now. Gotta manually change every network attachment to "use device MAC" for it to work correctly. PITA, really. I keep wishing I could come up with a way to only allow devices if they use their legit MAC so I can track them... UGH.

Comment

Originally posted by gregoryx View Post

Confirming that Ultramon works great for this... but it has been really nice to shut off the UltraMon continuously scanning the network in favor of UniFi logging it natively in the switches/APs.

So, yeah... not sure what the mechanism would be... but it would be cool to be alerted to any new device showing up, I guess. In my case, I might only want to be alerted if they're in a small IP range - the ones that are for guest devices. Cool idea.

Also confirming that the randomization thing is the norm on Andriod devices now. Gotta manually change every network attachment to "use device MAC" for it to work correctly. PITA, really. I keep wishing I could come up with a way to only allow devices if they use their legit MAC so I can track them... UGH.
      MAC Randomization was introduced for anti-tracking on public networks. But what you are doing is tracking your own devices on your own network, turn it off in the settings (I think you will need to go through Developer Settings on Android)

Literature : https://www.cablelabs.com/mac-addres...vice-providers

Eman.
      TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Originally posted by Eman View Post

MAC Randomization was introduced for anti-tracking on public networks. But what you are doing is tracking your own devices on your own network, turn it off in the settings (I think you will need to go through Developer Settings on Android)

Literature : https://www.cablelabs.com/mac-addres...vice-providers

Eman.
        ... as mentioned in the above post, Eman . And, no... you don't need to be in Developer Settings. It's in the advanced settings for the WiFi connection.

Comment

Thanks for the great plug in! Do you know of anyway to expose the results of the Unifi Speed tests? What I am specifically looking for is the Latency metrics.

Comment

Originally posted by cdobie View Post
            Thanks for the great plug in! Do you know of anyway to expose the results of the Unifi Speed tests? What I am specifically looking for is the Latency metrics.
            Check out the UltraMon plugin from Ultra. It monitors network devices and the metric you are after (see screenshot attached).

Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-11-15 (3).png
Views:	189
Size:	203.6 KB
ID:	1433536
            iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

Thanks for the info, I'll check it out.

Comment

I have several different usergroups to determine how much bandwidth clients are allowed to use , for example , depending if I need full bandwidth to work and the kids have to find another hobby as watching netflix.

Would it be possible to change the bandwith via homeseer. Or change a client to another usergroup via homeseer?

Thanks,
                Cor

Comment

Originally posted by cdobie View Post
                  I can pull those in and create a device for them if you want. If it's on the Unifi UI, I can get access to the value.

Comment

Originally posted by Corvl1 View Post
                    I have several different usergroups to determine how much bandwidth clients are allowed to use , for example , depending if I need full bandwidth to work and the kids have to find another hobby as watching netflix.

Would it be possible to change the bandwith via homeseer. Or change a client to another usergroup via homeseer?

Thanks,
                    Cor
                    I will have to check into this. I'll have to snoop around the messages sent between the browser and the controller. It should be possible

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post

I will have to check into this. I'll have to snoop around the messages sent between the browser and the controller. It should be possible
                      That would be awesome. Thanks!

Comment

Hi! Great plugin. I have a few requests:

- Remove old devices. I have replaced 2 switches and 1 AP since installing the plugin. I had to remove the HomeSeer devices manually (which is fine) but they keep showing up on the config pages and also as possible connections in the device tracking.

- Grouping. All those individual devices are a bit messy. Please group logically per device, and all client tracking devices in a separate group?

- HS4 support. That will require root devices anyway. So when you start grouping, make sure to have an "empty" root device so upgrading the plugin to HS4 will be easier.

Thanks!!
                        stefxx

Comment

I will look at automatically removing devices or having an option to remove them in the config screens.

Grouping, I will look into. I might make it an option. Another option is to use Jon00's grouping utility to do this.

I am still looking int oHS4 and how I will convert. For now HS3 Plugins should work in HS4.

Comment

Using HS4 4.2.0.0 and latest beta 3.0.0.40.

I'm getting 16 separate devices created, only 2 of those are clients tracked. I would also be in favor of some logical grouping as do other plugins as they clutter the devices page display.

I'm not sure about the times being shown on the devices page as several are pretty old. Shouldn't these be updating with any change in the status or value of the device or last poll time?

My controller is running on a raspberry pi and I can see everything on it fine via a browser connection in my local network. But in the plugin now for controller config there are only 2 choices, so I chose Unifi OS although I don't have either the UDM or CK. Now my two clients are not updating and the plugin gives a blank web page when selecting Client Tracking.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                            X