Recreate HS devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recreate HS devices

Is there a way to recreate MeiUniFi devices in HS after they've been deleted? I was testing tracking for several devices. Some I decided I didn't need for now so unchecked them in config and deleted the associated HS devices. Now I'd like to add a couple back but can't find a way to force it other than uninstall/reinstall the PI.

Just getting started with this great plugin. Thanks sirmeili for bringing it to be!
    -Wade

Originally posted by cc4005 View Post
    Is there a way to recreate MeiUniFi devices in HS after they've been deleted? I was testing tracking for several devices. Some I decided I didn't need for now so unchecked them in config and deleted the associated HS devices. Now I'd like to add a couple back but can't find a way to force it other than uninstall/reinstall the PI.

Just getting started with this great plugin. Thanks sirmeili for bringing it to be!
    I just ran in to the same problem. I think in the previous version they would be recreated but now it seems not to be working properly. Currently if I uncheck clients and immediately go back to the client tracking tab those same clients are still checked/enabled. To get around this I disabled the PI and deleted them in the HSPI_MeiUnifi_ClientConfig.json and then they created properly when I enabled them in the client tracking tab.

Comment

Am not sure what I saw but if a device is deleted go to the Updater and perform an install without deleting then turn the plugin back on and head to the settings they will appear unchecked.

This may not be the procedure but worth a try.

Eman.
      TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Originally posted by RGMessick View Post

I just ran in to the same problem. I think in the previous version they would be recreated but now it seems not to be working properly. Currently if I uncheck clients and immediately go back to the client tracking tab those same clients are still checked/enabled. To get around this I disabled the PI and deleted them in the HSPI_MeiUnifi_ClientConfig.json and then they created properly when I enabled them in the client tracking tab.
        This did the trick.

Originally posted by Eman View Post
        Am not sure what I saw but if a device is deleted go to the Updater and perform an install without deleting then turn the plugin back on and head to the settings they will appear unchecked.

This may not be the procedure but worth a try.

Eman.
        If I have the need again I'll try this method.

Thanks all.
        -Wade

Comment

I'll look into this in the coming days. I have some changes to that code anyways that I already made.

Comment

Working...
          X