Couple Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couple Questions

1) How is client tracking supposed to work? for example, i turned it on for two iphones, they do seem to update status as to which AP they are connected to, but when they leave the house, they say Online (Unknown AP/Switch)...shouldnt they go to offline at some point? also, shouldnt there be some logged entry in the hs eventlog showing when they change status? ( i am set to Info for logging, now)

2) what is this POE port config page i have read about, where do you see this?
    HS Install Date: Feb. 16, 2007

HS3 Pro, Z-Wave, Insteon, BLStat, HS Touch Server, MyQ

WeatherXML, BLBackup, BLLAN, BLLock, Restart, CaddX, OpenSprinkler

Originally posted by misraels View Post
    1) How is client tracking supposed to work? for example, i turned it on for two iphones, they do seem to update status as to which AP they are connected to, but when they leave the house, they say Online (Unknown AP/Switch)...shouldnt they go to offline at some point? also, shouldnt there be some logged entry in the hs eventlog showing when they change status? ( i am set to Info for logging, now)

What's your setup? Do you have a UniFi PoE switch?
    And try to set your devices with Static IPs. For as long as your first PoE switch is UniFi, it doesn't matter where else you put the APs and also the controller connected to a UniFi PoE switch.
    Note: Try not send commands to a non UniFi switch but they should would work to targeted UniFi devices like APs (the commands will pass-through).

Edit : Also read this : https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/in...86-ios-devices

Eman.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Originally posted by misraels View Post

1). there is a 5 minute timeout imposed by the Unifi controller. It should go offline after almost 5 minutes exactly. I may have a fix if it's not working for you properly. Not sure if that fix made it out yet or not.

2) This is, I think, in the beta only right now (I could be mistaken). It lets you create an HS3 device for power cycling a POE port.

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post

1). there is a 5 minute timeout imposed by the Unifi controller. It should go offline after almost 5 minutes exactly. I may have a fix if it's not working for you properly. Not sure if that fix made it out yet or not.

2) This is, I think, in the beta only right now (I could be mistaken). It lets you create an HS3 device for power cycling a POE port.

For 1). ??? ===> Device types ===> Sounds similar to this : thymer : https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/3rd-party-developer-area/general-developer-discussion/sirmeili/1288035-coming-soon-meiunifi?p=1303471#post1303471

For 2). You have already done that, ref : https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/in...15#post1303915 and works fine (UniFi PoE Switch)

Eman.
        TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

got it all...upgraded to the latest beta did the trick...thanks.
          HS Install Date: Feb. 16, 2007

HS3 Pro, Z-Wave, Insteon, BLStat, HS Touch Server, MyQ

WeatherXML, BLBackup, BLLAN, BLLock, Restart, CaddX, OpenSprinkler

Comment

Working...
          X