Not sure what this device type means

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure what this device type means

Why does the controller connection status device have device type "Unifi AP"? Should it maybe be "Unifi Controller" or some such? Or am I missing the meaning of AP in this context? My 3 WAPs have device type "Unifi Access Point".
    Attached Files
    -Wade

It could be I'm using the wrong device class to create it, or I copy/pasted and flubbed that up LOL I'll check it tonight.
    Thanks,
    Frank

Comment

Thanks!
      -Wade

Comment

Originally posted by cc4005 View Post
        Thanks!
        I found it, it's a typo. When I release this version the only way to fix it might be a complete re-install. I'll see if I can do an automatic fix though (not sure if I can change the type of a device, never tried before)
        Thanks,
        Frank

Comment

Reinstall isn't a big deal for me at this point so don't sweat the automatic fix on my account. Thanks for the lightning quick response.
          -Wade

Comment

Originally posted by cc4005 View Post
            Reinstall isn't a big deal for me at this point so don't sweat the automatic fix on my account. Thanks for the lightning quick response.
            3.0.0.5 is in the beta section and it should automatically fix the device type for you to "Unifi Controller".
            Thanks,
            Frank

Comment

Great!
              -Wade

Comment

3.0.0.6 installed. Controller device type updated. All running with no issues.
                -Wade

Comment

Working...
                X