Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error on startup

Hello!

I downloaded an early beta some time ago, but never tried it out. Now I have upgraded to latest beta, 3.0.0.6, and get an error on startup of plugin. Any idea what might be wrong?

Code:
    May-16 10:45:23 AM         Info    Plugin MeiUnifi with instance: has disconnected
    May-16 10:45:23 AM         Info    Plugin has been shut down, exiting
    May-16 10:45:23 AM         Plug-In    Finished initializing plug-in MeiUnifi
    May-16 10:45:23 AM         Starting Plug-In    MeiUnifi loaded in 1122 milliseconds
    May-16 10:45:23 AM         Info    Shutting down all services...
    May-16 10:45:23 AM         Info    Homeseer is asking to shutdown the plugin...
    May-16 10:45:23 AM         Error    Initializing plug-in(1): MeiUnifi Instance::Method not found: 'System.Array.Empty'. Time to load: 27 milliseconds
    May-16 10:45:23 AM         Info    Plugin started on version: 3.0.0.6
    May-16 10:45:23 AM         Fatal    Error occurred in InitIO: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'System.Array.Empty'. at HSPI_MeiUnifi.Controllers.UniFiController..ctor (IHSPI plugin) [0x00000] in :0
    May-16 10:45:23 AM         Starting Plug-In    Initializing plugin MeiUnifi ...
    May-16 10:45:23 AM         Info    Connection to homeseer successful.
    May-16 10:45:23 AM         Info    Plugin MeiUnifi has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:59078
    May-16 10:45:22 AM         Plug-In    Interface MeiUnifi is running as a trial, 21 days remaining.
    I have tried deleting the plugin and config before reinstalling, but no luck.

Running Hometroller SEL on latest stable HS3.

Note that I installed it on a Zee S2 as well, and it started up with no issue.

What OS is on your SEL?

Comment

Hello. I just figured this one out myself. I upgraded Mono (from 3 to 5) and now everything works fine.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Haggis View Post
        Hello. I just figured this one out myself. I upgraded Mono (from 3 to 5) and now everything works fine.

Thanks!
        Glad to hear it I'll make a note on the product page that it requires Mono 5

Comment

Thanks!
          I believe this is what I need to do. Is there a preferred way to get direct access to the SEL other than plugging in a keyboard and monitor? I am somewhat of a NOOB to the support side of a remote Linux box like this. I am really interested in getting this app to work.

Thanks in advance.

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by btinindy View Post

I believe this is what I need to do. Is there a preferred way to get direct access to the SEL other than plugging in a keyboard and monitor? I am somewhat of a NOOB to the support side of a remote Linux box like this. I am really interested in getting this app to work.

Thanks in advance.

Brian
            Download : https://mobaxterm.mobatek.net/ on to your desktop and run it and connect via SSH.(If Linux) Once in, it will give you a visual of all the files and folders. If you don't know your way around wait for for someone to walk you through.

For the commands, they also can be done from there.

For MONO apply this : https://helpdesk.homeseer.com/articl...-sel-to-mono-5 with caution!

Eman.
            TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Originally posted by Eman View Post

Download : https://mobaxterm.mobatek.net/ on to your desktop and run it and connect via SSH.(If Linux) Once in, it will give you a visual of all the files and folders. If you don't know your way around wait for for someone to walk you through.

For the commands, they also can be done from there.

For MONO apply this : https://helpdesk.homeseer.com/articl...-sel-to-mono-5 with caution!

Eman.
              I followed the instructions in above link, and while the upgrade of Mono was successful, and the plugin works fine after, note the following issues:
              - Upgrading from Mono 3 to Mono 5 causes all your event triggers to be lost. Supposedly it is possible to restore these from backup (of events) after restore, but I didn't try this
              - There are other plugins that DON'T work with Mono 5, so you basically need to pick which plugins are the most important to you. Note that plugin documentation rarely states which Mono versions are supported, so you need to test yourself.

Due to the two issues above, I reverted to Mono 3, and uninstalled the plugin. I have a script that gets what I personally need from Unifi, but certainly a plugin would be nicer.

To sirmeili: It would be preferable if you could figure out a way to get the plugin to run on Mono 3. I am sure a lot of users will get issues from having to upgrade Mono, and supporting Mono 3 would make the plugin work out of the box on all Linux systems, including Hometrollers that come with Mono 3 as standard. If you do upgrade it, I would certainly buy the plugin. It is user friendly and feature rich - very nice

PS! If you need help testing new versions of the plugin on Mono 3, I am happy to help!

Comment

I followed the instructions in above link, and while the upgrade of Mono was successful, and the plugin works fine after, note the following issues:
                - Upgrading from Mono 3 to Mono 5 causes all your event triggers to be lost. Supposedly it is possible to restore these from backup (of events) after restore, but I didn't try this
                - There are other plugins that DON'T work with Mono 5, so you basically need to pick which plugins are the most important to you. Note that plugin documentation rarely states which Mono versions are supported, so you need to test yourself.

Due to the two issues above, I reverted to Mono 3, and uninstalled the plugin. I have a script that gets what I personally need from Unifi, but certainly a plugin would be nicer.

To sirmeili: It would be preferable if you could figure out a way to get the plugin to run on Mono 3. I am sure a lot of users will get issues from having to upgrade Mono, and supporting Mono 3 would make the plugin work out of the box on all Linux systems, including Hometrollers that come with Mono 3 as standard. If you do upgrade it, I would certainly buy the plugin. It is user friendly and feature rich - very nice

PS! If you need help testing new versions of the plugin on Mono 3, I am happy to help!
                The reason I need Mono 5 is for HttpClient which automatically maintains the sessions for me from call to call (basically I can log in once and it maintains my session). I could look at trying to replicate this manually using a different .net class. I'll see what i can find, but I intentionally went to HttpClient for just this reason

Comment

- There are other plugins that DON'T work with Mono 5, so you basically need to pick which plugins are the most important to you. Note that plugin documentation rarely states which
                  Where did you get this information from? I'm interested in knowing what current/active plugins do not work with Mono 5.

Comment

Originally posted by Simplex Technology View Post

Where did you get this information from? I'm interested in knowing what current/active plugins do not work with Mono 5.
                    I read about it in a post whose link I've lost. As far as I know there is no overview of which plugins support which Mono versions. Personally I experienced that Jon00s Device Grouping Utility stopped working after upgrade, which to me was a showstopper.

Comment

I read about it in a post whose link I've lost. As far as I know there is no overview of which plugins support which Mono versions. Personally I experienced that Jon00s Device Grouping Utility stopped working after upgrade, which to me was a showstopper.
                      The majority of Jon00's scripts are Windows only there are some that support Linux but not all of them. As you said you have to pick and choose what works for you. However for Linux development the vast majority of published plugins require the latest version of Mono for them to work correctly especially after the SSL/TLS upgrades that were required in the last year.

If you want to ensure the highest level of compatibility I would suggest you run a Windows based system.

Comment

I don’t think some plugins needs mono 3 exclusively.

and for the jon00 issue, wich is related to compiling aspx page ,you can apply a workaround here:

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...ge-compilation

..for your events you need to export them first if you are on mono 3 : from this page http://Hs3IP:Port/setup select the ‘’Labs’’ tab. Then export your events. Then on the new install with mono 5 import those events.

Comment

Originally posted by Eman View Post

Download : https://mobaxterm.mobatek.net/ on to your desktop and run it and connect via SSH.(If Linux)
                          Thanks that program is really nice !

Comment

Originally posted by MattL0 View Post
                            I don’t think some plugins needs mono 3 exclusively.

and for the jon00 issue, wich is related to compiling aspx page ,you can apply a workaround here:

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...ge-compilation

..for your events you need to export them first if you are on mono 3 : from this page http://Hs3IP:Port/setup select the ‘’Labs’’ tab. Then export your events. Then on the new install with mono 5 import those events.
                            I have realized that staying at Mono 3 will just postpone the pain of upgrading, so I went ahead with the upgrade and necessary corrective actions. Thanks for the tip on the jon00 issue. Will try it.

Regarding the export/import events functionality, my experience is that this is quite buggy. I tried it on an earlier occasion, and it worked only partly. For instance any event that used EasyTrigger had to be manually recreated.

In my case in order to utilize the export/import function now, I had to factory reset the SEL (to get Mono 3 back), import my backup (from before Mono upgrade), export events, upgrade Mono to 5 and then import events. Only problem was that importing events kept crashing the system. So no luck here either.

In the end I decided I had to manually recreate all my 200+ events. Everything is now back up and running. According to advice in another post, I have also decided to move to Windows platform. The SEL is now in my summer house.

Comment

Originally posted by Simplex Technology View Post

The majority of Jon00's scripts are Windows only there are some that support Linux but not all of them. As you said you have to pick and choose what works for you. However for Linux development the vast majority of published plugins require the latest version of Mono for them to work correctly especially after the SSL/TLS upgrades that were required in the last year.

If you want to ensure the highest level of compatibility I would suggest you run a Windows based system.
                              You make some good points. I decided to move HS to Windows platform. The process was not painless, ref my previous post, but everything is now working fine on Windows - and WITH MeiUnifi

Comment

Working...
                              X