Small anomaly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small anomaly

Everything seems to function properly, but POE passthrough port on the US-8, shows as Off. I have 2 US-8. POE powered switches where port 8 is a passthrough POE port. The top 2 devices represent the ports on 2 switches that go to the US-8 switches, the last two are the respective passthrough ports on the US-8 switches. The ports are offered and the Power Cycle seems to work, the status is just incorrect.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture2.PNG Views:	0 Size:	38.5 KB ID:	1306689
    Here is a crop of the interconnect map

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	0 Size:	138.4 KB ID:	1306690
    The controller does provide a POE restart function for the passthrough ports

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture1.PNG Views:	0 Size:	9.9 KB ID:	1306691

The port shows as "Passthrough" instead of 24v Passive or POE+.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture3.png Views:	0 Size:	20.9 KB ID:	1306692

I think this is simply a matter of adding a new "Passthrough" status for those ports. The only status available is Off or Passthrough.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture4.png Views:	0 Size:	3.4 KB ID:	1306693
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

I may not be accounting for passthrough. Do you have that device inn the configs you sent? If so I'll check it out and see what it is setting.

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
      I may not be accounting for passthrough. Do you have that device inn the configs you sent? If so I'll check it out and see what it is setting.
      Yes, they were both there. They each only have one passthrough port, #8. Let me know if you need another dump .

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
        Yes, they were both there. They each only have one passthrough port, #8. Let me know if you need another dump .
        Nope that should be good enough. Barring I work another 21.5 hour day today, I'll look at it tonight.

Comment

Hi ,
          Without quoting any of the posts above, there is something about those switches here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZopraPVgt0 which may or may not be related to your discussion. Please feel free to disprove any short comings (misunderstandings) on my behalf.

Eman.

TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Originally posted by Eman View Post
            Hi ,
            Without quoting any of the posts above, there is something about those switches here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZopraPVgt0 which may or may not be related to your discussion. Please feel free to disprove any short comings (misunderstandings) on my behalf.

Eman.

I understand how the passthrough function works and it is all working well. The only problem is how the plug-in reports a passthrough port. Frank understands and will address it.

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
              I understand how the passthrough function works and it is all working well. The only problem is how the plug-in reports a passthrough port. Frank understands and will address it.
              Cool,
              So it's something missing for that particular version? it's my bad! Just wanted to know in case I buy.

Eman.
              TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

I worked 16 hours yesterday (till 1am) and the rest of this week is not looking good (my last week before vacation so I have to make sure my lead dev can cover me and represent my wishes, etc).

Edit: So my point is that I didn't get to this last night, but I will get to it soon.

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
                  I worked 16 hours yesterday (till 1am) and the rest of this week is not looking good (my last week before vacation so I have to make sure my lead dev can cover me and represent my wishes, etc).

Edit: So my point is that I didn't get to this last night, but I will get to it soon.
                  No rush. It is all working fine. I don’t currently Trigger on the status of the ports, just power cycle them and that seems to be working.

Comment

Working...
                  X