Off topic network help needed on new setup of unifi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off topic network help needed on new setup of unifi

First time user here.,... having finally working, but can't figure out the Win10 firewall settings so that the Controller can see the network (have it Off for now). Search gives me 100's of pages... most over 4 years old.

Is there one quick/easy/painless walkthrough for this I can start from? Or any quick advice from you Unifi gurus out there? thanks!

I've set up Unifi Controller on 2 different Win10 Pro PCs and haven't had to manually set any firewall rules. That said, here's what was auto-configured on installation on my current PC it's running on. ​​​​​ There are no outbound rules named "Unifi...".
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture1.PNG
Views:	217
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	1316914

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.PNG
Views:	182
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	1316915

What specific symptoms are you having? As you probably know from other posts I'm a relative noob with Unifi too, but I did run into some issues getting a cloudkey configured for my office a few weeks back so that experience might shed some light.
    -Wade

Comment

Tomgru Get it working?
      -Wade

Comment

Hey there... i did. turned out all i needed to do is let Java through the firewall.

i also have a CK2 that i need to get working. think i have the steps to do it, but haven't had time yet..... house still full of boxes.

This ubiquiti stuff is cool, but i have lots to learn when i have more time.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
          Hey there... i did. turned out all i needed to do is let Java through the firewall.

i also have a CK2 that i need to get working. think i have the steps to do it, but haven't had time yet..... house still full of boxes.

This ubiquiti stuff is cool, but i have lots to learn when i have more time.
          Good to hear.
          -Wade

Comment

Working...
          X