Unable to Install Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to Install Plugin

Hello. I'm very excited to be able to explore your plugin but after several attempts (both with various BETA versions and with the released version) I'm unable to get the plugin to load. It seems to be related to the newtonsoft.json file. I've verified that the file is present (although it shows a different version than is listed in the error) Below is a log snippet:
    Aug-13 9:55:40 PM Error Warning, Cannot load EXE file (possibly missing dependencies) HSPI_MeiUnifi.exe: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.Warning, Error details with EXE HSPI_MeiUnifi.exe: Could not load file or assembly 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)Warning, Error details with EXE HSPI_MeiUnifi.exe: Could not load file or assembly 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
    Aug-13 9:55:38 PM Updater Install/Update of package MeiUniFi was successful.
    Aug-13 9:55:38 PM Updater Extraction Complete.
    Aug-13 9:55:38 PM Updater Extracting files from zip file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\Updates3\MeiUniFi3.0.0.0\status_images.zip Destination: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\html\images\MeiUniFi\
    Aug-13 9:55:38 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\bin\MeiUnifi\Newtonsoft.Json.dll
    Aug-13 9:55:38 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\bin\MeiUnifi\Serilog.Sinks.File.dll
    Aug-13 9:55:38 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\bin\MeiUnifi\Serilog.dll
    Aug-13 9:55:38 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\bin\MeiUnifi\MBPlugins.dll
    Aug-13 9:55:38 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\bin\MeiUnifi\CommandLine.dll
    Aug-13 9:55:38 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\HSPI_MeiUnifi.exe.config
    Aug-13 9:55:38 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\HSPI_MeiUnifi.exe
    Aug-13 9:55:38 PM Updater Installing package MeiUniFi
    Aug-13 9:55:38 PM Updater Update hspi_meiunifi.exe downloaded successfully
    Aug-13 9:55:37 PM Updater Downloading update: MeiUniFi
    Aug-13 9:55:37 PM Updater Starting download of updates
    My HS3 is running on a win 7 box. Please advise.

I solved this issue. It appears that on a past plugin install, a copy of newtonsoft.JSON.dll was installed in my c:\program files\Homeseer HS3\ directory alongside the HSPI executables . It looks like that was being referenced by the MeiUnifi plugin exe instead of it looking in the ...\bin directory. After renaming the file in the HS3 directory the application launched without error.

Comment

Originally posted by ianmcg View Post
      I solved this issue. It appears that on a past plugin install, a copy of newtonsoft.JSON.dll was installed in my c:\program files\Homeseer HS3\ directory alongside the HSPI executables . It looks like that was being referenced by the MeiUnifi plugin exe instead of it looking in the ...\bin directory. After renaming the file in the HS3 directory the application launched without error.
      Sorry I missed your original post, but I'm glad you got it figured out

Comment

Working...
      X