Internet Utilization device not updating properly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Internet Utilization device not updating properly

I have a USG Pro 4 and the Internet Utilization device doesn't seem to be updating correctly. It is updating--i.e., the time stamp is changing frequently, but the value never changes from zero. It may have been this way all along but I've not noticed until now. I tested for the past 2 weeks or so and the value has never changed from zero.

Let me know if there's anything I can do to further troubleshoot or provide additional logs etc.
    -Wade

Mine sits at 0% most of the time. If I look at the UniFi dashboard, it is usually at 0% as well. The test is to stream a video or any other bandwidth intensive operation. With my capacity set at 250mbps even streaming Netflix will only add 1% to the utilization. 1mbps or less of bandwidth will show 0% utilization. With sufficient bandwidth usage you will see the UniFi dashboard increase and the HS UniFi device will track - understanding that there is a lag based on the polling interval. If you graph the HS device with Device History or Jon00’s DB Graphing you will see it is reporting.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Yes, I've tested it. I've forced the utilization above zero for periods of time exceeding the polling lag while watching the Unifi controller dashboard. During that time I've watched the USG Utilization device update regularly to match the controller value, but internet utilization didn't change.

Now, to be fair, what I'm watching is the device status on the device manager page. I suppose it's possible the value is changing but the status isn't updating properly for some unknown reason. But I know the status didn't change for at least 2 weeks (possibly longer, I just can't recall exactly when I first noticed it) because the status was stuck in the unusual state of "104% should not be greater than 0 check unifi configuration" (or similar) despite the value being 0 on the advanced tab. I still don't understand why it showed that it shouldn't be greater than zero, but that's a separate issue. I finally used a script to change status to 0% recently because it was bothering me to look at the bogus status (OCD much?) and I had verified the controller was properly configured and reporting on the controller dashboard.

Something interesting I'm just realizing. The Last Change has updated frequently throughout all this--not as frequently as the polling interval, but every few minutes--despite having it set to not update if value doesn't change.

Corrupted HS device?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	151
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	1323143

Name:	Capture2.PNG
Views:	149
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	1323144

Name:	Capture3.PNG
Views:	184
Size:	242.7 KB
ID:	1323145
      -Wade

Comment

The problem is that the string value is set at 0%, where it should be blank. Whenever there is a string set it will override the status display. I pointed out an error in Frank’s code where the string was inadvertently set. He said he would fix it. After I cleared mine it has remained clear. Use an immediate script to clear it and then the value will be properly displayed.

hs.SetDeviceString(2862, "", True)

Click image for larger version  Name:	4688D846-3EED-47CC-9AD9-D53322F40708.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	74.0 KB ID:	1323149

Name:	917CE8CC-B204-463F-9B6B-E73AC2170AD8.jpeg
Views:	134
Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	1323150

From this thread
        • Status=The text that is assigned to any value in the Status Graphics tab. This is only for user interface, it has nothing to do with the inner workings of HomeSeer control and events
        • Value=This is the numerical value assigned to the device which HomeSeer uses for control or Event Triggers and Conditions. This is the only thing HomeSeer cares about of the three.
        • String=A string of characters that can be assigned to a device. This can contain HTML, images and other data. If there s a string assigned to a device, it will show in the device Manager instead of the Status Text. It will remain until changed, regardless of what the device's value is. The data stored in the String is only for user interface, it has nothing to do with the inner workings of HomeSeer
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Aha. Yes, I was confusing string and status in my mind. Script run. Tested. Fixed. Thanks.
          -Wade

Comment

I have the fix for the bug told me about actually coded, but I haven't been able to package it up. That said, I will find out what data you need to pull for me and I'll have you pull it when you know the value in the controller is not zero so I can see what is happening. Sometimes I need to account for differences in specific models (unfortunately).

Comment

Thanks for the reply Frank. It's working/updating properly. Just needed to clear the string.
              -Wade

Comment

Ok, weird. In my fix for Randy, I am clearing the status string every time as long as it's not over 100%, so that should fix this going forward once I get that release out. I'm taking PTO on friday, so I'm als ogoing to try and fix the other issue you have with it reconnecting after a restart of the controller.

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
                  Ok, weird. In my fix for Randy, I am clearing the status string every time as long as it's not over 100%, so that should fix this going forward once I get that release out. I'm taking PTO on friday, so I'm als ogoing to try and fix the other issue you have with it reconnecting after a restart of the controller.
                  Thanks.
                  -Wade

Comment

Working...
                  X