Couple questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couple questions

1) Most of my access points are showing the warning icon... where would I find out what the warning is?

2) The list of client tracking seems to only include devices that are currently connected... I would really like to look at the client history in order to track devices that are not currently there. For example If I have guests show up and use the wifi... But it's unlikely for me to go into the setting and enable tracking for them while they are there and I'm entertaining them. But it would be nice to track them next time they are over...

Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Originally posted by zimmer62 View Post
    1) Most of my access points are showing the warning icon... where would I find out what the warning is?

2) The list of client tracking seems to only include devices that are currently connected... I would really like to look at the client history in order to track devices that are not currently there. For example If I have guests show up and use the wifi... But it's unlikely for me to go into the setting and enable tracking for them while they are there and I'm entertaining them. But it would be nice to track them next time they are over...
    What are your devices setup? Did you do any deleting?
    The disconnected clients go GRAY not RED

All the items you're showing are devices but not clients!

Explain more on your setup!

Eman.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

The first question is related to my devices. I'm showing the warnings in that image for pretty much every one of my devices.. I'd like to know why they are warnings for those devices? I can't seem to figure out why. What do the warnings mean? Can I clear that status? In the unifi controller I don't see anything that would indicate warnings or errors.

The second question was around enabling and disabling client tracking for devices:

I am aware that the clients that are tracking show up grey when they are disconnected. (For the devices I have enabled) What I was trying to ask about is in the client tracking configuration screen. I cannot start tracking or stop tracking a device that is currently disconnected.
      https://hsaddress/UniFi_Client_Tracking

That page only shows connected devices, that's the problem. I want to enable or disable tracking of devices that not currently connected, but were connected in the past. In the unifi controller I can see all past and present devices. However here on this page I only see the connected ones.

This poses two problems.
      1) If I get rid of a device and no longer want the plugin to track it, there appears to be no way to un-check it.
      2) If I want to track a device that is not on my network right now, but was in the past (example: My parents phones and tablets... it will be a month before they visit again, but I would like to know when they are online, so how would I add tracking for those devices?)

Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

The first question is related to my devices. I'm showing the warnings in that image for pretty much every one of my devices.. I'd like to know why they are warnings for those devices? I can't seem to figure out why. What do the warnings mean? Can I clear that status? In the unifi controller I don't see anything that would indicate warnings or errors.

The second question was around enabling and disabling client tracking for devices:

I am aware that the clients that are tracking show up grey when they are disconnected. (For the devices I have enabled) What I was trying to ask about is in the client tracking configuration screen. I cannot start tracking or stop tracking a device that is currently disconnected.
        https://hsaddress/UniFi_Client_Tracking

That page only shows connected devices, that's the problem. I want to enable or disable tracking of devices that not currently connected, but were connected in the past. In the unifi controller I can see all past and present devices. However here on this page I only see the connected ones.

This poses two problems.
        1) If I get rid of a device and no longer want the plugin to track it, there appears to be no way to un-check it.
        2) If I want to track a device that is not on my network right now, but was in the past (example: My parents phones and tablets... it will be a month before they visit again, but I would like to know when they are online, so how would I add tracking for those devices?)

The main devices go RED when they get disconnected and /or deleted on re configuring the controller because every time you add a new controller it gets a new HomeSeer ID and so do the other devices.
        If you were to try to add a controller everything becomes new. So before you add, you delete the controller first then go to the Updater and uninstall the plugin then delete all the previous devices in the HomeSeer UI then open the HomeSeer root folder and look for all files MeiUniFi (in 'config',maybe in 'bin' and 'htm'l) before re installing the plugin you can reboot.
        For the install start with version 3.0.0.0 but don't run it then install the beta version 3.0.0.13 over it and then start the plugin.
        Enable all that you want to monitor. And enable UniFi devices in the HomeSeer UI drop lists to create new devices.

Now for tracking past clients, that's an option you should ask for as an addition

Note: All that assumes you are running UniFi range of products (If some are not they won't be detected as devices but if switches you will have pass through).

Eman.

Comment

Originally posted by Eman View Post
          For the install start with version 3.0.0.0 but don't run it
          I'm wondering if that is my problem. When I installed it, I didn't know not to run it... So I did run it... then I came to the forums and found there was a beta I was supposed to install over the top.

Needless to say, my switches and AP's show up in warning state via the plugin. If starting fresh will fix that I'll try it.

Joe (zimmer62)

Comment

Okay... I did a full reinstall of the plugin, just as suggested.

This seems to have helped. The warnings have gone away.

Thanks.
            Joe (zimmer62)

Comment

Okay... I did a full reinstall of the plugin, just as suggested.

This seems to have helped. The warnings have gone away.

Thanks.
              Cool,

He will fix the plugin when he gets time. We are all waiting and wish him well.

Eman.

Comment

Just so you know ,the "Warnings" are the warnings from the controller, but I default to that value, so when adding a new device is shows "warning". If it's not connecting/updating the devices it will show this. I think I should create my own status for this case and basically it will only ever be used on new devices until they first get updated. Might clear up some confusion.

Also, I'm hoping to be back soon! Sorry again all! I know it's a been a huge PITA and I appreciate the understanding!

Comment

Working...
                X