Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warning status on four of six devices - what's causing the warning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warning status on four of six devices - what's causing the warning?

Not sure if it's just an error with the plugin or with the controller. And not sure where to look.

Attached Files

Nudging sirmeili ... any suggestions? Hasn't changed since restarting controller and the plugin.

Comment

I'm gonna work over the next couple of weeks to try and put together a troubleshooting guide to help users (and myself) track down these issues.

Comment

Thanks, Frank. Would be happy to try whatever... just not sure where to look.

Comment

Well... that's weird AF. I removed all devices and killed the config and restarted the plugin. Then re-added devices one at a time in the plugin config. They'd show up bad initially - even the WiFi Score showed zero / poor. Then I disable the device in the plugin config, remove the HS device and enable the plugin device again... and it's correct. WiFi score of 92%, for example. But if I don't do this, it doesn't seem to update those HS devices correctly?

Hm. Okay. Some devices update on their own at the next poll... some don't seem to. But the delete / re-check seems to work.

Another thing that seems worth doing: the default setting per HS device of "Do not update device last change time if device value does not change" being disabled gives a better indication of updates. Seems valuable since many HS devices value doesn't change - just the status. So that gives me an indication of the last time the plugin updated that HS device.

Comment

Working...
          X