It's just not working....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's just not working....

No start up errors, but after sending commands such as locate, or restart (or any other) I get the following error. Also unable to select sites from the controller menu.

Posting back to plugin web page UniFi_Controller_Config: Object reference not set to an instance of an object-> at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke (System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy rp, System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.IMessage msg, System.Exception& exc, System.Object[]& out_args) [0x00108] in :0 at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Object.__icall_wrapper_mono_remoting_wrapper(intptr,i ntptr) at (wrapper remoting-invoke) HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.PostBackProc(string,string,string,int ) at Scheduler.proxyPage.postBackProc (Scheduler.StateObject& state, System.String Data) [0x00036] in <87754afb2e3f4882bc52b07bbe1a55eb>:0

I have been trying for a couple months to get this to work and it just doesn't. Sirmelli says it is a problem with mono if you are running linux.

Comment

AllHailJ , thank you for response. This server is running Linux.

Comment

I spent 30 mins looking into this, and ending up resolving the issue.
        First I completely uninstalled mono, and then limited my mono version to 5.2.X:
        (Something similar to this)
        echo "deb http://download.mono-project.com/repo/debian stretch/snapshots/5.20.0 main" | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mono-xamarin.list

Afterwards you will see and can ignore this error after running apt-get update:
        Conflicting distribution: http://download.mono-project.com/repo/debian stretch/snapshots/5.20 InRelease (expected stretch/snapshots/5.20 but got stretch)

Then depending on your system these commands:
        Prepend with sudo if you’re not logged in as root...

apt-get purge libmono* cli-common mono-runtime
        apt-get autoremove
        apt-get install mono-complete
        apt-get install mono-vbnc
        apt-get install libmono-system-web4.0.cil
        apt-get install libmono-system-design4.0.cil
        apt-get install libmono-system-web-extensions4.0-cil
        apt-get install libmono-system-runtime-caching4.0-cil
        apt-get install flite

Some commands are not necessary, since they may already be installed.

These are just guidelines, if you don’t understand them reconsider or start with a backup.

Comment

It is my understanding that Mono6 broke httpClient, which this plugins uses (since it handles cookie sessions for me, which I need to maintain sessions with the Unifi Controller).

I run Mono 5.2.x and don't have the issue. I'll try and investigate if there has been any movement on the mono project for this issue.

Comment

Working...
          X