MeiUniFi Still not working on Linux install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MeiUniFi Still not working on Linux install

I have tried this multiple times and after reading of changes and updates thought I would try again. I am running on mono 6.8.0.123. I run ubuntu 18.04 server.

I run my cloudkey and all wireless on a separate subnet. - Does this work?

I get this error
    May-31 11:30:21 Error Posting back to plugin web page UniFi_Controller_Config: Object reference not set to an instance of an object-> at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke (System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy rp, System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.IMessage msg, System.Exception& exc, System.Object[]& out_args) <0x7f8c76599960 + 0x00557> in :0 at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Object.__icall_wrapper_mono_remoting_wrapper(intptr,i ntptr) at (wrapper remoting-invoke) HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.PostBackProc(string,string,string,int ) at Scheduler.proxyPage.postBackProc (Scheduler.StateObject& state, System.String Data) [0x00036] in <9d0c99dc968a48469ec86efcf4ea6794>:0
    It creates the device as show below:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_89856.png
Views:	133
Size:	13.2 KB
ID:	1389985

This is the setup in the Unifi Controller Config page

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot from 2020-05-31 11-39-05.png Views:	0 Size:	35.8 KB ID:	1389984
    When you go to devices you get this - with no sites available:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot from 2020-05-31 11-40-07.png Views:	0 Size:	22.8 KB ID:	1389983

Will this plugin ever work in Linux? If not how do I get my money back?

The name you use in the UniFi sewttings should be the same as in the HomeSeer settings. Image bellow :

Name:	UniFi.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	1390071

Eman.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

I tried as you instructed. Here is my controller screen

Name:	Screenshot from 2020-05-31 17-51-24.png
Views:	143
Size:	303.1 KB
ID:	1390113

And here is what I can put in MeiUniFi Controller Config

Name:	Screenshot from 2020-05-31 17-56-05.png
Views:	139
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	1390114

I can try to put mars into the IP address but it does not accept. Am I missing something obvious? I did notice that we are on different version of the firmware.

Comment

The user name = the Local Admin of the Controller (don't use the remote UniFi account). The IP and the controller name are correct as you have amended them. But also note that whenever you delete the previous configurations there will be remnants of previous settings you have to make sure you clear before you create a new one. The plugin references the settings directly and doing so will show the sites as configured in the controller. And also NOTE Don't rename the default SITE but create a new one and use the controller settings to transfer all your devices from the default SITE to the new one. That should be it and all will be pulled into HomeSeer.

Eman.

Comment

I think Eman has got this handled, but I'll monitor the thread in case I'm needed.

That said, if you are using Mono6, that is not supported since they broke httpClient. I'm testing a fix for that, but it's lower priority while i fix up some of the plugins I got from simplextech.

Comment

I completely uninstall including deleting all the MeiUniFi files/Directories and anything with Mei in the name. I reinstalled the plugin. I input the data as you suggested. No bueno!

Still does not find any sites.

Comment

Originally posted by AllHailJ View Post
              I completely uninstall including deleting all the MeiUniFi files/Directories and anything with Mei in the name. I reinstalled the plugin. I input the data as you suggested. No bueno!

Still does not find any sites.
              You mentioned this in your first post
              I run my cloudkey and all wireless on a separate subnet. - Does this work?
              The controller can deal with different subnets but that may cause problems if HomeSeer is on a different subnet. That's where the problem is. Put the controller with HomeSeer in the same subnet and leave clients where they are or also in the same subnet but let the clients do the Vlans.

Eman.

Comment

I have to defer to Eman on linux and network issues like this. I am going to try and bypass the Mono Issue, but I have a lot on my plate (personal, work and plugins) so I'm slowly getting through it.

Comment

Originally posted by Eman View Post
                  The user name = the Local Admin of the Controller (don't use the remote UniFi account). The IP and the controller name are correct as you have amended them. But also note that whenever you delete the previous configurations there will be remnants of previous settings you have to make sure you clear before you create a new one. The plugin references the settings directly and doing so will show the sites as configured in the controller. And also NOTE Don't rename the default SITE but create a new one and use the controller settings to transfer all your devices from the default SITE to the new one. That should be it and all will be pulled into HomeSeer.

Eman.

I have this plugin, LINUX version, I too can not get sites to have a drop down selection.

I checked SITE NAME on the Unifi Controller and It is set. I look all through the controller in new settings (my default) and went to check legacy thinking I overlooked it and I don’t see where I can add a site in those menus. Am I missing something?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by burn1out View Post

I have this plugin, LINUX version, I too can not get sites to have a drop down selection.

I checked SITE NAME on the Unifi Controller and It is set. I look all through the controller in new settings (my default) and went to check legacy thinking I overlooked it and I don’t see where I can add a site in those menus. Am I missing something?

Thanks
                    There is a new update : https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/in...-now-available

Else, I stopped using the plugin. It was giving me a headache in HS4. I could not recreate the devices no matter what I did.

Eman.

Comment

I see. I am new and using HS4. I’ll see what happens with that update or down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by burn1out View Post
                        I see. I am new and using HS4. I’ll see what happens with that update or down the road.
                        yes, sorry, I have not done any testing for HS4 yet, much les HS4 on Linux. I'm trying to button up some other things first and I don't have a solid date when I'll be able to start this.

Comment

No problem. When you do want to do some testing feel free to reach out to me if you want some help testing. I’m pretty technical and pickup on things well.

Comment

Working...
                          X