Rack Bling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rack Bling

Just thought I'd share my use of this plugin. I wanted to add some bling to my rack and stumbled across this plugin that meant it saved me a ton of time messing with API's. Keeping things simple I created the dashboard using HSTouch. The screen is a touch screen connected via HDMI to a computer below running the HSTouch client. Just a cheap touch screen and cut a hole out of a blank rack panel to fit.

OMG I love it! I wish HSTouch projects were more shareable! I'm about to move to a glass front rack in my office and I wanted to do a dashboard behind the smoked glass. this would be perfect!

Comment

Are you pulling the top values from the API yourself? If so I can look at adding them to the plugin.

Comment

very nice. I rarely look at my setup in the closet and look at my PC instead.... but cool idea. I have so many old tablets around i could do this with!

Comment

ShimmerNZ mmGreetings fellow Kiwi. Where did you get the touchscreen from?
          iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

Originally posted by mminehan View Post
            ShimmerNZ mmGreetings fellow Kiwi. Where did you get the touchscreen from?
            good ol aliexpress. Just cut the mounting points off and glued it to the rack panel blank
            https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...533c4c4d6heNo2

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
              Are you pulling the top values from the API yourself? If so I can look at adding them to the plugin.
              The Switch and Access Point count I've just done as a calculated field via script based on the status of the devices, so if I added/removed devices, I would then need to update the script. The internet icon is tied to the Internet Status so if working green otherwise it will show grey graphic. The rest is from your plugin (other than storage stuff). Re adding it... for sure would be handy.

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
                OMG I love it! I wish HSTouch projects were more shareable! I'm about to move to a glass front rack in my office and I wanted to do a dashboard behind the smoked glass. this would be perfect!
                Project and graphics attached. The Unifi folder drops into your skins folder. Obviously a bit of work to tie everything to your own devices but if it help someone then here it is.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmerNZ View Post

Project and graphics attached. The Unifi folder drops into your skins folder. Obviously a bit of work to tie everything to your own devices but if it help someone then here it is.
                  awesome. thank you for this

And I thought about the device count and I can actually pull it, but trying to determine the best way to store it. I was thinking 1 device for total and 1 for "missing", but then thought that the way you have it might actually be best. Not sure. How would you want that data stored? 2 devices per type?

Comment

Working...
                  X