iphone client stopped tracking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iphone client stopped tracking

I noticed today my wifes iphone was no longer showing "Home" status, when I started investigating it was connected within Unifi as a client, in the PI it was there but the tracking checkmark was not checked. I checked the checkmark to start tracking again and a second iphone device was created in HomeSeer. I deleted the old device to quickly but I believe it had a different mac address than the new device created when i rechecked the box. I don't know if this data is logged anywhere to go back and loock.

Maybe the iPhone has been updated to iOS 14?
    After installing iOS 14, a new feature is automatically enabled: 'Private WiFi address' which masks the original WiFi MAC address of the iPhone with another temporary MAC address.
    The feature 'Private WiFi address' can be disabled. After that the iPhone tracking will probably work fine again.
    Last edited by legato; October 14, 2020, 02:02 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by legato View Post
      Maybe the iPhone has been updated to iOS 14?
      After installing iOS 14, a new feature is automatically enabled: 'Private WiFi address' which masks the original WiFi MAC address of the iPhone with another temporary MAC address.
      The feature 'Private WiFi address' can be disabled. After that the iPhone tracking will probably work fine again.
      Android has had that feature for a while. It appears once it is set it remembers it for that SSID (at least on Android). I've had it switch once, but not sure what happened because I don't normally use this feature in my plugin.

Comment

Thanks for the headsup guys, Not being an iphone user I was not aware of this feature, upon looking back to the last day it was working it was the next day she updated her phone. Case closed.

Comment

Working...
        X