Fatal Error - Failed to set internet capacity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fatal Error - Failed to set internet capacity

I am receiving this error approximately every minute in my log. Any suggestions?

Failed to set Internet Capacity: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_MeiUnifi.JsonConverters.UniFiSiteSettings.ReadJson(Json Reader reader, Type objectType, Object existingValue, JsonSerializer serializer) at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.D eserializeConvertable(JsonConverter converter, JsonReader reader, Type objectType, Object existingValue) at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.D eserialize(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, Boolean checkAdditionalContent) at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.DeserializeInternal(JsonReade r reader, Type objectType) at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject(String value, Type type, JsonSerializerSettings settings) at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject(String value, Type type, JsonConverter[] converters) at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject[T](String value, JsonConverter[] converters) at HSPI_MeiUnifi.Controllers.UnifiAPI.ParseResults[T](String results, JsonConverter jsonConverter) at HSPI_MeiUnifi.Controllers.UnifiAPI.SendRequest[T](String url, RequestType requestType, StringContent content, JsonConverter jsonConverter) at HSPI_MeiUnifi.Controllers.UnifiAPI.GetSiteSettings(String site) at HSPI_MeiUnifi.Controllers.UniFiController.UpdateStatusDevice s()

I'll add some logging, it could be I need to change a data type. Can you go into your controller and tell me what you have the internet capacity set to?

Comment

I had to search for this in the UI, but the settings were 10meg down and 1meg up. I have a gigabit connection, so I ran a speed test and it self populated with updated numbers.

Comment

I wanted to follow up here - since updating the settings about, it has been about an hour and I haven't received another error in the log - this error was firing off every minute or so prior to the change.

Comment

the Polling rate for the plugin defaults to 1 minute, so that makes sense. 10meg even in bits should not have cause it, but weird that it did. If it happens again let me know and I'll try and add some logging around it.

Comment

Originally posted by GadgetBoySI View Post
            I had to search for this in the UI, but the settings were 10meg down and 1meg up. I have a gigabit connection, so I ran a speed test and it self populated with updated numbers.
            Just a quick bit of advice.

The built in speed test in the UniFi controller is very inaccurate. Just Google "UniFi speed test" and you will find plenty of discussion on the Ubiquiti forums about this.

The best option is to use a 3rd party speed test (e.g. Ookla) on a hardwired PC connected to your network and then manually populate the capacity fields in the controller. There are posts on how to do this.

The built in UniFi speed test (and therefore auto-populated capacity) is always lower than the actual bandwidth measured by 3rd party tests.

It's possible that your capacity settings were significantly less that the actual throughput meaning you were getting values over 100%.

M
            iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
              the Polling rate for the plugin defaults to 1 minute, so that makes sense. 10meg even in bits should not have cause it, but weird that it did. If it happens again let me know and I'll try and add some logging around it.
              Will do - it's now been about 5 hours and still no error in my log.

Thanks for the assistance.

Comment

Working...
              X