HS3 Plugin Abandoned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS3 Plugin Abandoned?

Was curious if the MeiUniFi PI is officially abandoned for HS3? I paid for the plug-in so I was wondering if anyone is going to take over development. I have attempted to move over to HS4 in the past and had nothing but problems with it, so I am basically stuck with HS3 unless I want to spend months revamping my home controls for HS4 - which I don't. I know that there is an HS4 plug in for UniFi but unless I can get HS4 working I cannot use it.

I have read good things about using Ubiquiti Unifi WAPs.

Personally here do not manage my Ruckus WAP's or PFSense box with Homeseer or any other 3rd party software.

Works fine and I never touch the WAP or PFSense firewall.

How are you integrating Homeseer 3 with your home automation / controls and Ubiquiti UniFi stuff?
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I use this plugin for location sensing. It is very accurate tracking whether Iphones are on the network and therefore whether people are home or not. It responds fairly quickly as well. I use it in combination with PHLocation and I'd say together they are 99% accurate.

I also very rarely use it to cycle an AP when there are certain network issues.

Plugin works fine for me on HS3 and I am using the latest Unifi software 7.1.66. I have several Unifi APs and switches. Migrated to Pfsense recently for everything else.

Comment

Originally posted by prsmith777 View Post
        I use this plugin for location sensing. It is very accurate tracking whether Iphones are on the network and therefore whether people are home or not. It responds fairly quickly as well. I use it in combination with PHLocation and I'd say together they are 99% accurate.

I also very rarely use it to cycle an AP when there are certain network issues.

Plugin works fine for me on HS3 and I am using the latest Unifi software 7.1.66. I have several Unifi APs and switches. Migrated to Pfsense recently for everything else.
        I use the plug in exactly as you do with my Samsung Phones - I find it to be very accurate. I also use it to change lighting when it detects my smart TVs are powered on or off.

Ubiquiti now has a WiFi power plug that integrates in to the UniFi console and can be used to power cycle devices. I use them to cover electronic devices, switches, routers, etc. that lose connectivity, and for those Z-Wave devices that are buried behind furniture or other inaccessible areas, where the device has proven to have issues 'going dead' or locking up. I have seen this commonly with several types of devices such as the Aeotec Repeaters and Smart Switch 7s, and the Fibaro Dual Outlet Bars. When I have one that gives me problems, I just plug it into the USP Power Plug, and if the Z-Wave device stops responding, power cycle it. No more crawling around in the attic, or flipping a breaker off and on to deal with a problematic Z-Wave device.

Unfortunately, the last revision of the UniFi HS3 PI does not recognize these devices, so I cannot control them via HS.

I find the Ubiquiti gear to be rock solid and reliable. My entire house is filled with it both wired and wireless, and I have zero issues with any of it. I wish Z-Wave was close to being as reliable as Ubiquiti is.

Comment

Well I spoke too soon. Plugin stopped working on 7.1.66 and I hadn't noticed after I upgraded a day ago. Will see if there is a way to get it up and running again.

Edit:

There is an authorization error now with login. Looks like this plugin is going to be DOA from here on out. Unless I can figure this out, do not upgrade to 7.1.66

Edit 2:

Got it working again. It was a network issue. All is good.

Comment

I have a camera near our hot tub that my wife doesn't like to be on when we (or just her) are soaking. I use stefxx's Unifi plugin for HS4 now to turn off PoE to that camera's port which in turn kills the camera feed. The plugin also detects that the camera is offline and enables a delayed event to remind me to turn PoE back on.

Unfortunately I had to move away from this plugin when I needed camera (Protect) support.

To answer the OPs question. It appears that all of sirmeili's plugins have gone into "neglect mode" since he last logged in on December 07, 2021.
            "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Originally posted by kenm View Post
              I have a camera near our hot tub that my wife doesn't like to be on when we (or just her) are soaking. I use stefxx's Unifi plugin for HS4 now to turn off PoE to that camera's port which in turn kills the camera feed. The plugin also detects that the camera is offline and enables a delayed event to remind me to turn PoE back on.

Unfortunately I had to move away from this plugin when I needed camera (Protect) support.

To answer the OPs question. It appears that all of sirmeili's plugins have gone into "neglect mode" since he last logged in on December 07, 2021.
              Unfortunately, I think you are correct about the plugin being abandoned. It's a real shame, because I have found it to be outstanding. Ubiquiti is constantly coming out with new devices, so I have to find something to use that is being updated regularly.

Comment

I had to give up on the sirmeili plugin because of this and even asked for a refund from HS, but never got one.

I switched to stefxx's very good plugin for Unifi and have been happy since. Forum page: https://forums.homeseer.com/member/60575-stefxx

Comment

Originally posted by bebaldin View Post

Unfortunately, I think you are correct about the plugin being abandoned. It's a real shame, because I have found it to be outstanding. Ubiquiti is constantly coming out with new devices, so I have to find something to use that is being updated regularly.
                  Let's see if we can help you get going with HS4. Are you running on Windows or Linux?
                  "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Just wanted to add that I got this plugin back working again on HS3 and Unifi 7.1.66. It was just a firewall issue. Working great again.

Comment

Working...
                    X