Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Initial Release.

Hi All,

I have just released the SNMP Monitor plugin, This plugin will alllow monitoring of SNMP devices within your network, Currently it will support V1 and V2 devices.

You can import MIB files to work out the OID's that you wish to Monitor and also do SNMP walk operations to check a device.

If you encounter a MIB file that cannot be read (Some Company's do not stick to the Standard MIB spec) Please let me know.

Happy to address any problems or look at any suggestions, Just either flick me a private message, or drop a note in here.

Thanks

Mat

The file I got ends with gz. how do I make it into a mib file. I have the oid i need but i cant get plugin to take it

Comment

Hi Rdc,

I can see from my messages you are having a few issues (Particularly with CPU usage) So i will get onto that now, Has a couple of family medical issues lately so have not got back to it...

For the MIB file, i am not sure the difference to the gz file, so if you can send it over or post it here i can have a look see.

Thanks
      Mat

Comment

Cant upload a gz file but dont really need it anymore. Just need the plugin to work correctly so I can use it. I have all the devices ready to monitor but plugin must remain off to prevent HS4 from crashing.

Comment

Turned plugin on for a few minutes but not all devices refresh even though all are set to 30 seconds
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Rdc,

I have just release Beta 1.0.0.1 can you please install that, It should take care of the Excess CPU usage issue.

For the second problem, we will have to do a bit more debugging, Can you install the Beta, then re-try if the issue is still there let me know and we can work through it.

Thanks for the patience and support.

Mat.

Comment

The cpu useage is good but the devices do not refresh every 30 seconds as i showed you above
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi rdc,

Good to hear on the CPU usage, So looking at the above its working as expected, the Time will only update if the Value changes...

I can add a setting in the config to update the time regardless if that will suit?

Thanks
                Mat

Comment

That sounds great thanks

Comment

Hi Rdc,

I have just released Beta 1.0.0.2 which has a button on the config to enable time updates even if the value doesn't change. Let me know how that goes.

Thanks for the patience and support.

Thanks
                    Mat

Comment

That works. Thanks

Comment

Hi Rdc,

Thanks for confirming, Please let me know if you have any more trouble or suggetions.

Thanks for the support.

Mat

Comment

Working...
                        X