Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plugin use 200% cpu

please see picture.

Restarting the plugin does not change the issue.

is there any manual ? Will the plugin create devices?

Thanks
    Attached Files

I cheked the file HSPI_SNMP.exe.config :

Code:
     <?xml version="1.0"?>
    <configuration>
    <system.diagnostics>
    <sources>
    <!-- This section defines the logging configuration for My.Application.Log -->
    <source name="DefaultSource" switchName="DefaultSwitch">
    <listeners>
    <add name="FileLog"/>
    <!-- Uncomment the below section to write to the Application Event Log -->
    <!--<add name="EventLog"/>-->
    </listeners>
    </source>
    </sources>
    <switches>
    <add name="DefaultSwitch" value="Information"/>
    </switches>
    <sharedListeners>
    <add name="FileLog" type="Microsoft.VisualBasic.Logging.FileLogTraceListener, Microsoft.VisualBasic, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a, processorArchitecture=MSIL" initializeData="FileLogWriter"/>
    <!-- Uncomment the below section and replace APPLICATION_NAME with the name of your application to write to the Application Event Log -->
    <!--<add name="EventLog" type="System.Diagnostics.EventLogTraceListener" initializeData="APPLICATION_NAME"/> -->
    </sharedListeners>
    </system.diagnostics>
    <startup><supportedRuntime version="v4.0" sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.0"/></startup></configuration>
    There does not sems to be anything pointing to bin/YourPluginName/some dll(S)

I also saw SnmpSharpNet.dll in my Root hs4 folder ( this is easyly seen in he install.txt uploaded on this post) . It should be in /bin/YourPluginName/SnmpSharpNet.dll. Putting dll in hs4 root is bad practice.

thanks

Attached Files

Comment

Hi MattL0,

Thanks for the message, The Manual is attached :

SNMP Plugin for Homeseer 3.pdf

Thats interesting regarding the CPU usage, I will set up a test on My test unit and see if i can nut out what is happening there, Can you tell me more about your setup, Are you using a Raspberry Pi, or Full Linux? and have you setup any devices to be monitored...

It must be getting hung up on something, As the main thread that does the monitoring has a sleep routine to slow it down, And even if it wasent its not really doing much in the way of calculation anyhow unless you had a million devices loaded... I will look into that shortly (Most likely tomorrow at this stage).

As far as the DLL, Thanks for the feedback, ill sort that out in the next release.

Thanks
      Mat

Comment

Originally posted by Mat_Budden View Post
        Hi MattL0,

Thanks for the message, The Manual is attached :

[ATTACH]n1403630[/ATTACH]

Thats interesting regarding the CPU usage, I will set up a test on My test unit and see if i can nut out what is happening there, Can you tell me more about your setup, Are you using a Raspberry Pi, or Full Linux? and have you setup any devices to be monitored...

It must be getting hung up on something, As the main thread that does the monitoring has a sleep routine to slow it down, And even if it wasent its not really doing much in the way of calculation anyhow unless you had a million devices loaded... I will look into that shortly (Most likely tomorrow at this stage).

As far as the DLL, Thanks for the feedback, ill sort that out in the next release.

Thanks
        Mat
        Hi Mat,

I am using full linux on a x64 server with mono 6.10 . No I do not have any device monitored yet .

Thanks

Comment

Hi MattL0,

Just an update, I have not been able to get the new Beta out just yet, Hoping to get to it this weekend, Thanks for the patience, Will let you know.

Thanks
          Mat

Comment

HS4 with Windows and Snmp plugin using high CPU levels. Machine crashed once
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi All,

I have not got to this yet, Had a couple family medical problems, back to it now, so will try and nut it out ASAP.

Thanks
              Mat

Comment

Hi MattL0,

I believe i have resolved the High CPU usage, There was a watchdog loop that kicked into an Infinite loop when no devices were monitored... I have fixed it and on my system CPU usage is never over 1% (Sits on zero except startup), Could you please re-try and let me know if its still an issue.

Given the time its taken your trial would have expired, Please let me know if you want to retest and ill ask Homeseer to restart the trial.

Apologies for the delay, and i appreciate the patience.

Thanks
                Mat

Comment

Thnks Mat,

will test it next week as I am not at home this week end .

Comment

Hi MattL0,

Just confirming the CPU usage is no longer an issue?

Thanks
                    Mat

Comment

Mat_Budden Hi,

thanks I would need to test the plugin first . Will check this in the next days . Also have to get a new trial licence from hs haha

Comment

Hi MattL0,

Thanks for the Note, I am confident the issue is resolved. But just want to close the loop....

Did you need me to chase up a new trial for you? or can you request directly?

Thanks
                        Mat

Comment

I have asked for it 2 mins ago
                          Thanks .

I am only checking my printer for now with a dedicated plugin from HomeAssistant with snmp. So, if all goes right, I’ll be able to turn off Home assistant for a while with this plugin.

Comment

Do you plan an hs4 upgrade ?

Comment

I am not that used to snmp , but the plugin just created 3000 ( +4000 the first time) devices in a loop. It happened two times.

I am a litle scared to test this again, in case that corrups my database.

i will load a backup and will test the plugin another time
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X