Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

value instead of string in device

Hi Mat,

I'm just testing your plugin and I wonder if it's possible the SNMP get could fill the value if the index is an integer.
    This way we can create triggers based on the device value.

-edit-

Also do you have some documentation for this PI?
    I've uploaded a MIB file and now there is a file in my temp directory. But I have no idea what to do with it.

Hi Alan_Smithee,

Apologies for the delay, I must have missed a notification email.

Ok, so 2 parts.

First one, So what i think you asking is if the plugin could walk the rest of the OID to find all possible index's? If that is the case, then I believe i could get that to work. Please let me know if that is what your after,

Second part,

Here is the Documentation :

SNMP Plugin for Homeseer 3.pdf

The MIB upload works in 2 parts, First it saves the file and reads all the OID's. then you will be able to view the MIB file which allows you to select the OID's to add to the monitoring.

Its detailed in the Guide, So if its not working as expected please let me know and upload the MIB your trying to use and i will fix it for you.

MIB's are a bit all over the shop, I believe the plugin should cope with most it encounters as i tested a fair few random ones, but while i was developing it took a while to get some working as the nested structure is not always perfect in some files.

In any case, let me know if you have issues and ill fix them.

Thanks for the feedback, Please let me know how you go.

Thanks
    Mat

Comment

Mat,

Very useful plugin!

I think I have the same question that Alan had initially, which may have actually been to ask whether an integer value OID query could populate the 'Value' field of the plugin-created device rather than (or in addition to) the 'String' field. The desire is to be able to trigger based on the Value field, which is not available for Strings. Consider monitoring of a network switch temperature. Returning the temperature value as a string is useful when I am attentive to the result, but I could trigger a fan and/or an alert off of a Value field entry over a certain amount automatically if the temperature result were in the Value field.

Thanks,
      Jim

Comment

Hi Jim,

Apologies for the delay, I was moving house.... Adding the value shouldn't be a problem, I will have a look see and release a Beta soon... Ill have to do a test on the value as some devices drop out text, But shouldnt be to much drama.

Will let you know.

Thanks for the support.

Mat.

Comment

Working...
        X