System.Net.NetworkInformation.PingException

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

System.Net.NetworkInformation.PingException

I have the following error in the Log. How can I solve this issue?

Aug-14 16:54:25 1 Error System.Net.NetworkInformation.PingException: An exception occurred during a Ping request. ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The network location cannot be reached. For information about network troubleshooting, see Windows Help at System.Net.NetworkInformation.Ping.InternalSend(IPAddress address, Byte[] buffer, Int32 timeout, PingOptions options, Boolean async) at System.Net.NetworkInformation.Ping.Send(IPAddress address, Int32 timeout, Byte[] buffer, PingOptions options) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Net.NetworkInformation.Ping.Send(IPAddress address, Int32 timeout, Byte[] buffer, PingOptions options) at System.Net.NetworkInformation.Ping.Send(IPAddress address, Int32 timeout, Byte[] buffer) at HSPI_ULTRAMON3.hspi_plugin.MonitorGatewayConnection()

---
    John

Solved by restarting the PI

---
    John

Comment

I am getting the same error and have for quite a while. Unfortunately I don't know exactly when it started, but it's been several months. I've tried disabling and re-enabling the plugin, I've tried uninstalling and re-installing the plugin, I've tried uninstalling, rebooting, and then re-installing the plugin, but I have yet to figure out what's causing the error.

Comment

Okay, seems I did manage to fix the problem. Somehow Ultramon3 had grabbed hold of an invalid IPv6 address in the Gateway IP Address field that it couldn't ping. Changing that to the correct IPv4 address didn't solve the problem right away, but a disabling/re-enabling of the plugin did.

Comment

Working...
        X