Offline to Online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Offline to Online

I have been struggling with this for a while. I am trying to trigger an event when a device comes online (which works), but cannot figure out how to trigger online from offline.

For example, I don't want to trigger from recovered to online, I only want to trigger when its been offline and then comes back online. There is no wat to say "if device becomes online and if device has NOT BEEN recovered for 1 min, then XXX".

I guess the only way would be to set a virtual device then use that as a condition.

Any other ideas?

It might help to know exactly what you want to do. The values that UltraMon provides are basically going more positive as it connects and more negative as it becomes more and more troubled until it reaches -6 for offline.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	51
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	1242899
    For some devices I consider anything less than 0 to be offline and anything above 0 to be online. You can use "Greater than Unknown" or "Less than Unknown" as triggers in Events.

You also could use Easy Trigger to trigger when it changes from Recovered to Online, but there is no way to put a time limit on it.

Name:	Capture1.PNG
Views:	56
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	1242900

It all depends on how you intend to act on the status of the device.
    Randy Prade
    Aurora, CO
    Prades.net

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

Comment

I will have to check out EasyTrigger. I am looking for that "value was" trigger

Thanks.

Comment

What I am trying to do is only trigger if the device was offline and becomes online. I do not want to trigger if the device was troubled or recovered and becomes online. Reason is I monitor wireless cameras and other wlan devices. They sometimes miss a ping, network gets busy, whatever. So when the device is down hard "offline" I trigger an email. When the device comes back online I trigger an UP email. All good. But when the device misses a poll it goes troubled, then recovered, then online. I do NOT want to trigger on those occasions.

I tried value was offline and becomes online, but since they are not sequential, I don't think it can work.

I think I got
        value was
        and becomes
        Any Value to work.

I was able to do it without easytrigger by making a virtual device, then using that as a condition, but its lots of configuration and was not sure if that was the easiest way. Plus the virtual device is a duplicate of the UltraMon status.

On a side note, does anyone happen to know does a device goes from offline to online or is there intermediate steps? becomes any works, but wanted to see if I can get more granular.

Thanks for the tip!

Comment

Because of the multiple values the plug-in steps through between offline and online, your solution is likely one of the better ways of handling it. I do much the same thing with a Virtual Device, but it is included in the messaging Events. For a single device like my energy monitor, I use standard triggers looking for the device to have been offline for exactly 1 minute. The virtual device "Brultech Status" is set when either event triggers. I also use a couple of control virtual devices to allow me to defeat messages for a device or a user. I do this in all Pushover Events.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture1.PNG Views:	1 Size:	123.3 KB ID:	1243295

For my cameras I use an Easy Trigger group so that I can look at all of them in a single Event. I also have two triggers in the offline Event so that I will get a message every time a camera goes offline and a repeated message every 10 minutes at least one is offline. The offline Event sends a message with the status of all cameras as well as the specific one that triggered the Event in the subject.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture2.PNG Views:	1 Size:	109.5 KB ID:	1243296

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture3.PNG Views:	1 Size:	67.1 KB ID:	1243297

Click image for larger version  Name:	Image-1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	40.1 KB ID:	1243306

Name:	Image-1 (002).jpg
Views:	50
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	1243308
          Last edited by rprade; August 24, 2018, 04:18 PM.
          Randy Prade
          Aurora, CO
          Prades.net

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

Comment

rprade , That's a great idea on the easy trigger grouping. I have not played with that yet. I can reduce my events down a bit and send a single alert per group vs one alert per device. Thanks for the tip!

Comment

Working...
            X