X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UltraMon HSPI For HomeSeer 2.2

UltraMon for HomeSeer 2.2:

UltraMon is a HomeSeer 2.2 plug-in that allows you to monitor your network connected devices. Multiple threading allows device monitoring to take place without disrupting the performance of HomeSeer. UltraMon also supports the ability to send a wake on LAN (WOL) packet to turn on PC's that support WOL.

How It Works:
    • At the selected internal, the plug-in obtains a list of devices owned by the plug-in, then sends either an ICMP ping or connects to the TCP port to determine the device stauts. The plug-in updates the HomeSeer device depending on the up/down status of the device.
      • For ICMP Ping monitoring, the device string can be updated to contain a more verbose status.
      • For TCP Port monitoring, the device string indicates the TCP port number being monitored.
      • The device status can also be updated depending on the up/down status of the device. This option may be useful when creating events that trigger off the device status.
    • The plug-in monitors selected IP subnets for new devices and allows you to easily create a HomeSeer device for hosts found on the network. A HomeSeer trigger can also be created to alert you when a new device is discovered on your network.

Features:
    • Multiple threading allows monitoring to take place without disrupting the performance of HomeSeer.
    • Ability to discover all devices on selected /24 subnets.
    • A "Discovered" devices web page allowing you to easily create a HomeSeer device for hosts on your network.
    • HomeSeer trigger for new IP addresses discovered on monitored subnets.
    • Support alias (HomeSeer device name different than FQDN).
    • All pre-defined device types now have an associated image (e.g. camera, laptop, pda, router, xbox, etc).
    • Ability to wake up a computer via WOL packet.
    • Ability to shutdown a PC using any command line application of your choosing (e.g. psshutdown.exe).

Valid device statuses are:
    • Unknown - Device value of 0
    • OnLine - Device value of 6 (6 or more consecutive ping successes)
    • OnLine (Recovered) - Device value of 1 to 5 (1 to 5 consecutive ping successes)
    • Troubled - Device value of -1 to -5 (1 to 5 consecutive failures)
    • OffLine - Device value of -6 (6 or more consecutive failures)

Default Options:
    • Device monitoring is enabled.
    • Five minutes between checks.
    • Ping device 2 times before marking a device unreachable.
    • Device monitoring begins 60 seconds after HomeSeer starts.
    • Ping timeout of 1 second.
    • Flag device failed after 5 consecutive failures.

Quick Start Documentation:

http://www.automatedhomeonline.com/H...t_ultramon.htm

Installation:
    - Installed via HomeSeer 2 Updater
    - Restart HomeSeer2, then select Setup > Interfaces > UltraMon.
    - Add devices by clicking UltraMon > Add Device.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Last edited by Ultrajones; April 9, 2009, 08:09 PM.
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Change Log

Version 1.1.2622 - Released Mar 07, 2007
    • Added ability to monitor hosts on /24 subnets.
    • Added trigger for new IP addresses discovered on monitored subnets.
    • HomeSeer device name no longer has to be an FQDN or IP Address.
    • Added "Discovered" devices web page allowing you to easily create a HomeSeer device for hosts on your network.
    • Re-designed how device icons are displayed. Images are no longer based on the HomeSeer device string.
    • Images now mantained in HomeSeer 2\html\Images\hspi_ultramon.
    • All pre-defined device types now have an associated image (e.g. camera, laptop, pda, router, xbox, etc)
    • Multiple threading allows monitoring to take place without disrupting the performance of HomeSeer.
    • Other coding enhancements.

Version 1.1.2634.32007 - Released Mar 19, 2007
    • Re-wrote ping routines to resolve issues running under Windows Vista.

Version 1.1.2917.24863 - Released Dec 27, 2007
    • Added ability to specify HomeSeer user roles (admin, guest, normal, local) that can access the web page.
    • A WOL packet is now sent on each interface on a multihomed PC.

Version 1.1.2948.27850 - Released Jan 27, 2008
    • Added "Any Value" to Device Value Trigger.
    • Removed redundant Online value pairs and renamed "Troubled" value pairs to include (x2 - x5).
    • Added ability to change device properties from within the HomeSeer device properties page.
    • Fixed issue that was causing the device value an online device to go from 1 to 6, then repeat.

Version 1.1.2953.33935 - Released Feb 01, 2008
    • Fixed a major bug introduced in version 1.1.2948.27850 that caused any new HomeSeer device to have the properties of an UltraMon device, but not function as an UltraMon device.

Version 1.1.2993.34690 - Released March 12, 2008
    • Added plug-in help file link to HomeSeer help web page pointing at the included UltraMon HSPI User's Guide PDF file.

Version 1.1.3288.32816 - Released January 01, 2009
    • Fixed an issue that caused online devices to show as recovered in the status web page.
    • Added ability to automatically determine MAC address when discovering devices.
    • Added OUI search for MAC addresses to the "Devices" and "Discovered" web pages.

Version 1.1.3331.33503 - Released February 13, 2009
    • Added the ability to monitor TCP ports.

Version 1.1.3386.31924 - Released April 09, 2009
    • Added the ability to shutdown a PC using any command line application of your choosing (e.g. psshutdown.exe).
    • Added a shutdown action to the UltraMon HomeSeer actions.

Version 1.1.3450.19506 - Released June 12, 2009
    • Added versbose logging on newly discovered hosts (ip address, hostname, mac address).
    • Added Reboot, Suspend, Hibernate, Logoff and Lock to available device actions.
    • Added e-mail option to send a notification including the ip addresss, hostname, mac address and IP subnet when a new host is discovered.
    • Actual ICMP ping status is now used (instead of just success and timeout).

Version 1.1.3595.26208 - Released Nov 04, 2009
    • Removed references to the deprecated Status properly of the HomeSeer DeviceClass.

Version 1.1.3633.41145 - Released Dec 12, 2009
    • Added several new device types and assoicated icons.
    • Change status icons from .gif to .png (renamed as .gif).
    • Fixed bug caused after modifying a UPnP device.

Version 1.1.3895.37080 - Released Sep 1, 2010
    • Added ability to find monitored device based on the MAC address.
    • Removed the ability to create the browser button and added the ability to launch the configuration screen via the UltraMon Device List.
    • Added device status to the UltraMon Device List.
    • Fixed issue modifying the UPnP Discovery, Subnet Monitoring, and Monitoring State HomeSeer devices.
    • Fixed "Did not resolve [Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]" error occuring on some systems.
    • UPnP monitoring now compatible with Windows XP systems.
    • Other code enhancements and bug fixes.

Version 1.1.4215.15935 - Released July 17, 2011
    • Updated device limit from 64 to 99.

Version 1.1.4246.36196 - Released Aug 17, 2011
    • Fixed issues assoicated with HP Touchpad

Version 1.1.4556.33421 - Released Dec 23, 2012
    • E-mail action now uses UltraSMTP HSPI to send e-mail (if installed).
    • Added support for the UltraMon Shutdown Service.
    • Other code improvements.
    Last edited by Ultrajones; December 23, 2012, 01:32 PM.
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Screen Shots

Screen Shots ...
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Ultrajones; March 8, 2007, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for developing this very useful plug-in.

I noticed you added the ability to specify HomeSeer user roles (admin, guest, normal, local) that can access the plug-in web page.
        I think this is a good idea as I would generally like to limit access to the page to the administrator user only (I may add this useful configuration option to my own plug-ins - hope you don't mind).

I tried the new feature out and was confused at first by the guest option which did not seem to do anything. I think guests can never access the plug-in pages even if they are enabled in your page. Although this is not really a bug I think the guest checkbox may not be required. Or have I missed something?

Regards,
        George

Comment

This option would prevent or allow guest access only if you allow guest access via the main HomeSeer interface. Consider this an additional layer of protection.

Comment

doo vs ultra?

hi whats the difference between ultramon and the doo network plug in?
            HS3 , Zwave, HometrollerS6, ELK M1G Ultra; mcs sprinklers; WGL800; BLRF; BLNetCallerID; BLSpeech

Comment

also does your plug in provide icons for the network devices?
              HS3 , Zwave, HometrollerS6, ELK M1G Ultra; mcs sprinklers; WGL800; BLRF; BLNetCallerID; BLSpeech

Comment

i tested ultramon and liked a lot it but my network devices do not have static ip's... so does this follow them and re-list or do i have to assign permanent ip's ? also it didnt find xbox.
                also how are people using this on HS once they have it? just status?

Comment

Originally posted by gfs View Post
                  i tested ultramon and liked a lot it but my network devices do not have static ip's... so does this follow them and re-list or do i have to assign permanent ip's ? also it didnt find xbox.
                  also how are people using this on HS once they have it? just status?
                  Do you have a DHCP server that supports manual DHCP? In my DHCP server, I simply enter the hostname, MAC address and desired IP address and the DHCP server will always issue the same IP address to the host.

XBox 360's cannot be monitored. You can thank Microsoft for that

I have the UltraMon HSPI notify me when certain critical PC's on my network are not reachable. I also get notified when my son's ipod touch connects to the network. I have also recently started using the shutdown feature to make sure PC's that are not suppose to run 24x7 are shutdown by 10:00 PM.

Regards,
                  Ultrajones

Comment

Just thought I'd throw in my two cents on the usefulness of this plugin. I have it monitor for the presence of my mobile phone's wifi connections and it uses this information (along with other things such as motion detection and door/window status) to help determine occupancy status.

Example: Assuming that I always keep my mobile phone with me, all doors and windows are monitored by HS, the pets don't open/close doors, and nobody ever leaves through a window... I can have HS assume the house is occuppied if 1) ultramon detects the presense of my mobile phone, 2) motion is detected on the 1 high-mounted (pet-proof) sensor in the house, or 3) an interior door is opened or closed. The house remains occupied until an exterior door is opened and then it has to start making decisions on whether or not everyone left through that door...and again I use ultramon to help make that determination.

Comment

Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file...

Getting this error:

Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HSPRO\html/images/hspi_ultramon/iPhone_online.gif

Assume it's because the images are actually named iphone_touch_offline.gif, iphone_touch_online.gif and iphone_touch_troubled.gif.

I have renamed to iphone_offline.gif, iphone_online.gif and iphone_troubled.gif which seem to fix the problem.

Just letting you know...

Comment

Originally posted by AdamH View Post
                        Getting this error:

Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HSPRO\html/images/hspi_ultramon/iPhone_online.gif

Assume it's because the images are actually named iphone_touch_offline.gif, iphone_touch_online.gif and iphone_touch_troubled.gif.

I have renamed to iphone_offline.gif, iphone_online.gif and iphone_troubled.gif which seem to fix the problem.

Just letting you know...
                        I renamed those images in the "images.zip" archive. Thank you for reporting this.

Regards,
                        Ultrajones

Comment

No Monitored Subnets Have Been Defined

I get this error when I try to discover nodes even though in options I have "192.168.1.0" in the Monitored Subnets box. My router is at 192.168.1.1. What am doing wrong?

Dennis

Comment

Another Question

Got it working finally, but now I have another question. Can we define custom device types? I have several Verizon FiOS receivers that are nodes on my network (i.e., connected to my router). I could list them as "Network Devices" but "FiOS Receiver" would be better, and would allow for a custom icon.

Comment

Yes, this is a top priority for me. It has been on my list for a LONG time and I now need to create several new devices (Apple TV, HTC Evo, etc). I'll try to get to this this weekend.

Regards,
                              Ultrajones

Comment

Working...
                              X