Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UltraMon HSPI - Feature Requests

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #76
    Question to everyone here:

    I have a bunch of devices that really do not fall into any category out of those available in the plugin. An example is Nest Protect, Sonos player, IR Security Lamps (IP based), Wi-Fi access points, IP firewall, etc. Some of them, like IP firewall, I just used a network switch category, to get the right set of pictures. Sure, it's just aesthetics. But...

    I can add a new category manually, and I already did that. But for images I can only find a "normal" one, not offline, troubled, or unknown.

    Does anyone have any suggestions? What have you guys done so far? If I had an overlay png files for question mark, exclamation point, and a red X - similar to those already used, perhaps this is the way to go. That, of course, would be a lot of time in a photo editor. So, here I am, asking for thoughts...

    Comment


      #77
      Originally posted by VirtualPanther View Post
      Question to everyone here:

      I have a bunch of devices that really do not fall into any category out of those available in the plugin. An example is Nest Protect, Sonos player, IR Security Lamps (IP based), Wi-Fi access points, IP firewall, etc. Some of them, like IP firewall, I just used a network switch category, to get the right set of pictures. Sure, it's just aesthetics. But...

      I can add a new category manually, and I already did that. But for images I can only find a "normal" one, not offline, troubled, or unknown.

      Does anyone have any suggestions? What have you guys done so far? If I had an overlay png files for question mark, exclamation point, and a red X - similar to those already used, perhaps this is the way to go. That, of course, would be a lot of time in a photo editor. So, here I am, asking for thoughts...
      Hello VirtualPanther,

      Send me the images you have along with the desired device type name to ultrajones@hotmail.com and I'll roll them into the plug-in (including the appropriate normal, offline, troubled and unknown states.

      Regards,
      Ultrajones
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

      Comment


        #78
        Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
        Hello VirtualPanther,



        Send me the images you have along with the desired device type name and I'll roll them into the plug-in (including the appropriate normal, offline, troubled and unknown states.



        Regards,

        Ultrajones


        That is extremely kind of you. Will most definitely do that. Thank you, in advance.

        Comment


          #79
          Originally posted by VirtualPanther View Post
          That is extremely kind of you. Will most definitely do that. Thank you, in advance.
          Can you also tell me if the images are open source? If they are not open source, I'll just update them and send them back to you.
          Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

          Comment


            #80
            Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
            Can you also tell me if the images are open source? If they are not open source, I'll just update them and send them back to you.


            I literally plan to Google for them. I don't have any exact specific images in mind. It's just that I couldn't find even a close match among available categories and images. The examples of what I'm looking for are:

            - Nest Protect smoke detector
            - Sonos Play 5
            - Sonos Connect Amp
            - IR light (i.e. mounted on there wall infrared light for security camera)
            - wall mounted WiFi access point, such as Ubiquiti AC Pro
            - remotely accessible smart outlet, such as NetBooter, used to login remotely to power cycle outlets
            - Amazon Echo Dot
            - cable TV set top box
            - Amazon Fire TV
            - Z-Net

            Totally don't care for exact images. Just something close. That's why I was planning to simply search...

            Comment


              #81
              Originally posted by VirtualPanther View Post
              I literally plan to Google for them. I don't have any exact specific images in mind. It's just that I couldn't find even a close match among available categories and images. The examples of what I'm looking for are:

              - Nest Protect smoke detector
              - Sonos Play 5
              - Sonos Connect Amp
              - IR light (i.e. mounted on there wall infrared light for security camera)
              - wall mounted WiFi access point, such as Ubiquiti AC Pro
              - remotely accessible smart outlet, such as NetBooter, used to login remotely to power cycle outlets
              - Amazon Echo Dot
              - cable TV set top box
              - Amazon Fire TV
              - Z-Net

              Totally don't care for exact images. Just something close. That's why I was planning to simply search...
              Okay, let me work on finding those images. That way I'll know they have an open source license. Give me a few days. If you find a link to something you like, feel free to send to ultrajones@hotmail.com.
              Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

              Comment


                #82
                Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
                Okay, let me work on finding those images. That way I'll know they have an open source license. Give me a few days. If you find a link to something you like, feel free to send to ultrajones@hotmail.com.


                Will do. Truly appreciate your help.

                Comment


                  #83
                  Originally posted by VirtualPanther View Post
                  Will do. Truly appreciate your help.
                  I now recall why I didn't put this into the plug-in to begin with. It's almost impossible to find open source images for those devices. Have you had any luck finding any?

                  Regards,
                  Ultrajones
                  Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

                  Comment


                    #84
                    Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
                    I now recall why I didn't put this into the plug-in to begin with. It's almost impossible to find open source images for those devices. Have you had any luck finding any?

                    Regards,
                    Ultrajones
                    Nothing matching one theme, but I wouldn't care if it was generic stuff. You know, for Sonos, any speaker picture. For Wi-Fi access point, same idea, any box with antena and a blue light, vertically oriented. For Nest Protect, a smoke detector pic. And so on.

                    Comment


                      #85
                      I have 3
                      1. +1 on additional images.
                      2. Also I would like to be notified if any of my Echos drop off of the network. Since the Echo doesn't respond to ICMP pings, can you implement another method for device discovery? NMAP works and Jon00's RCCNM script discovers it through ARP.
                      3. Options to include IP and/or MAC in device string

                      Comment


                        #86
                        Possible bug and feature request.

                        Having issues when adding an additional subnet. The plugin finds the additional devices fine - the problem begins when I try to add them as devices. Looks fine in the subnet list under "UltraMon3 Discovered Devices". They do not get a device created tho - also the name I assign them gets added to something in another subnet which was previously deleted - and - it does not save for the "new" device.

                        I hate to start over then have it happen again. The original one is
                        192.168.2.0/24
                        and the new one is 192.168.70.0/24.

                        Maybe I'll start over. The database or something is confused because some devices were originally on the 192.168.2.0 subnet - even tho I have deleted the devices, restarted HS etc they want to repopulate on their original one.

                        i would also like to request a feature. It would be nice to specify which subnet is displayed by default when you go to the "IP Subnets" tab and also have a choice to display all, unfiltered.

                        Starting a separate thread, away from "feature requests" thread. https://forums.homeseer.com/showpost...51&postcount=1
                        Last edited by Monk; July 4, 2017, 06:39 AM. Reason: Edit: different thread

                        Comment


                          #87
                          I have a feature request - the ability to force polling a device via an event outside the established time cycle... Here is what I am trying to do -- my TV's are all being monitored for power on/off with this plugin. If HS turns off my TV, I want to force poll that device so it immediately becomes troubled and not delay showing troubled/offiline. Why? Because, if I manually turn on the TV (via a remote, not HS) before the plugin gets to polling it, it would never show the TV was off and thus, no triggers for a new online would occur.

                          If I were able to turn off TV and have UltraMon force poll immediately after, then if I turned the TV on manually, the next cycle would trigger online for me since it would go from troubled to restored/online as planned.

                          As-is, there is ~2 minute or so window where I can trick my automation system and HS won't trigger a zone on condition...

                          Thanks,

                          Comment


                            #88
                            Actually, since I am asking, it would be really nice to be able to skip the troubled / restored all together and go right to offline / online via the even as an optiont.

                            I am thinking something like:

                            Force poll device: _______
                            Option: If polling success, immediately show online (skip restored...)
                            Option: If polling success, immediately show offline (skip troubled...)

                            One other might be to add a delay parameter to give a few seconds for the TV to be off - in my case, I would create the event and probably wait a few seconds before the plugin does the poll to make sure the off command fully executed.

                            Thanks

                            Comment


                              #89
                              Hi Jon,

                              Will this pluging be ported to linux one day?

                              Matt

                              Comment


                                #90
                                Originally posted by Summerguy View Post
                                Hi Jon,

                                Will this pluging be ported to linux one day?

                                Matt
                                Yes, one day... I will have a lot more free time this fall to resume plug-in development.

                                Regards,
                                Ultrajones
                                Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X