This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
    Yes, one day... I will have a lot more free time this fall to resume plug-in development.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    ok tanks

Comment

Yes, one day... I will have a lot more free time this fall to resume plug-in development.

Regards,
      Ultrajones
      Not to rush you, but do you have any date for this?
      Thanks,
      Matt

Comment

Any news on the port to Linux ? It’s been a while

Comment

How about remembering the sort order and quantity of items to be shown in the IP Subnets tab? If you change tabs or reload the page it defaults back to showing just 10 and sorting by IP address.

And if not both sorting and quantity, just quantity would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by MattLau View Post
            +1

Comment

Originally posted by MattL0 View Post
              Does anyone know if this is in the works?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Regards,
                Ultrajones
                Ultrajones any news on the linux port ? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Stevoangel View Post

+1
                  I would really like to see this on My HomeSeer running on A Raspberry Pi / Linux!!!!

Comment

Feature Request: Ability to choose our own displayed status text
                    Currently, UM3 sets the displayed text in the device's string which overrides whatever is listed in the device's Status Graphics tab. If the user could enter whatever they wanted in the status fields and UM3 pulled from those to push into the string, then the user would have more control over how their devices looked. I can edit the icons, but I can't tweak the text. I will commonly wrap some status texts for other devices in a span with a CSS class so I can style different statuses with CSS later on the device management page. Or I might like to have it display "Home" and "Away" for phones that come and go... or maybe, "Desconectado" instead of Offline.

I tried triggering an event to update the device string to have a <span> wrapped around it but it only works when the device first changes state to offline, when it is changing value from say 2 to -6. After that, UM3 continues to re-write the string to "Offline" every few minutes without announcing to HS it was changed, so it's impossible to trigger subsequent events. Whatever I change the string to gets overwritten to just, "Offline" and I have no way of intercepting it or triggering an event off of it. The devices do not obey the Homeseer device checkbox for: "Do not update device last change time if device value does not change:" That checkbox is checked by default when UM3 creates a device, but unchecking it doesn't allow changes to the device (that happen to be the same value) to update the device's Last Change timestamp nor does it provide a trigger for events.

So it seems that this feature request could be handled one of two different ways:
                    1) Allowing the user to enter the text they want in the Status Graphics tab & have UM3 push that into the string every time it checks a device
                    2) Allowing updates to a device to "announce" to HS that it has changed when the value is the same so events can be fired

The end result of both is that the user has control over the text displayed on the device management page. Obviously, the 1st option would be easier on the end user 😀

Click image for larger version  Name:	device_status_graphics_page.png Views:	0 Size:	275.8 KB ID:	1402908

I've already edited my offline images to be semi-transparent. It'd be great if I could get the Offline text to be similar, and it could be if I had control over the text:
                    (I quickly edited the color of these "Offline" texts in the browser before taking the screenshot)

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2020-07-15 at 8.11.12 PM.png Views:	0 Size:	55.1 KB ID:	1402909
                    To me, it really makes seeing which devices are online/offline much easier and faster at a glance. Trying to decypher between the texts, "Offline/Online" stacked vertically is insanely cumbersome, which I'm sure is why you added the different colored 'X's to each graphic, but even the tiny red 'X' wasn't different enough given the colors of some of the device icons beneath it. The blue/unknown & yellow/troubled 'X's are fine as mostly I see full opaque images or semi-transparent ones.

Thanks for considering this!
                    -=Randy (fellow Michigander!)

Comment

Working...
                    X