Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last week I downloaded the UltraMon plugin (1.1.2993.34690) and it's monitoring my windows computer fine (currently still as trial). I also want to monitor the Xbox 360's in the house. Firstly I can't even manually ping the 360's although that could well be down to router settings (UPnP etc.) Also, Xbox is not showing as one of the device types in the drop-down list. I should be seeing it with this version shouldn't I?

Regards,
    Phil

Comment

Unfortunately, the xbox 360 prevents ICMP pings. I don't know of a work-around.

Yes, you should see an xbox device type in the dropdown. Do you have the following file on your computer? If so, open it and see if the last device type is "xbox".

C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\Config\hspi_ultramon_devices.xml

Regards,
      Ultrajones
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Sort device listing by column

I would like to be able to sort by column in the device listing. e.g. Code, Ref, HS Device, etc. It would aid in the process of adding devices when one has many or frequent equipment changes on their network.

I'd also like more icons. I'll guess I'll be purchasing UltraStatus which I think will let me change them. :^)

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by PJB View Post
          Last week I downloaded the UltraMon plugin (1.1.2993.34690) and it's monitoring my windows computer fine (currently still as trial). I also want to monitor the Xbox 360's in the house. Firstly I can't even manually ping the 360's although that could well be down to router settings (UPnP etc.) Also, Xbox is not showing as one of the device types in the drop-down list. I should be seeing it with this version shouldn't I?

Regards,
          Phil
          Okay, I figured this out. I am currently adding support for XBox 360's so UltraMon HSPI will automatically discover an XBox 360 when they are powered on and off.

Regards,
          Ultrajones
          Last edited by Ultrajones; August 13, 2009, 08:17 PM.
          Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

A little more MAC Support!

I love this plug in! I have both mac's and PC's in my home. Would be nice to have a little more mac support with the new SNOW LEP. it doesnt use Magic packets to wake on lan. I am not a programer so I am not sure what it uses! But I am not longer able to wake my MAC's with Ultra like befor!!!

Just My thought for an upgrade!!

Comment

Verify your Mac's Wake for Ethernet Access is still enabled in System Preferences > Energy Saver.

Comment

Originally posted by scottp73 View Post
                I love this plug in! I have both mac's and PC's in my home. Would be nice to have a little more mac support with the new SNOW LEP. it doesnt use Magic packets to wake on lan. I am not a programer so I am not sure what it uses! But I am not longer able to wake my MAC's with Ultra like befor!!!

Just My thought for an upgrade!!
                I don't think you can wake a Mac from a powered off state. However, you should be able to wake it from a sleeping state using a "Magic Packet". I just tested it on Mac Mini (running Snow Leopard) and it works.

Regards,
                Ultrajones

Comment

Hmm, combining things

Three requests,
                  - when using TCP port I would like to be able to add arguments to the button string. EG my netgear NAS needs /admin added to see the admin page instead of the readonly statuspage.
                  - when using ICMP I would like to be able to activate the button for those devices with an web comsole
                  - being able to switch between TCP and ICMP in the device edit screen. (saves deleting and adding as seperate task)

Ronald

Comment

Regarding #1, how would you perform this action from a command line? I think what you're really asking are for the addition of web http and https monitoring capability. I consider "tcp port" to just mean telnet to the port and look for a response. i.e. Is the port available?

Regarding #2, does the button enable ping or perform some other action? Not sure what you mean.

Regarding #3, I agree. Shouldn't have to delete and re-create to change to a different monitoring method.

I would also like to be able to click ANY column heading and sort by it, ascending and descending.

I would also like to see addition of functionality equivalent to the HS search function so I can perform string and regex searches of the UltraMon devices.

All in all, a very nice plug-in. I'm monitoring 2 dozen home devices.
                    Last edited by ; September 26, 2009, 11:24 AM.

Comment

re-re 1: I use the port button to activate the web or cli interface of PNP devices (Nas, Media Player, Weatherstation, etc).

re-re 2: Its now or ICMP or Port. I'd like to monitor the device by ICMP (less overhead) but stil be able to activate a conection to the port (e.g. the web or cli interface)

And I agree, a nice plugin

Comment

Suspend function

Would be great to have a DoSuspend function, similar to the DoShutdown and DoWOL functions.

I'd like to be able to suspend rather than shutdown certain PCs, eg media center boxes etc.
                        Nicolai L

Comment

Ok, I have been known to be brain dead on occasion (more than not, or maybe I am just old) I've added the buttons for WOL and Shutdown on a couple boxes, is there a way to trigger either WOL or shutdown from an event? I currently use other methods to WOL and shutdown my video and music servers from an event triggered by status change from MainLobby and my touch screens, my current way is a little kludgey and if I could do this from UM it would be a lot cleaner
                          Over The Hill
                          What Hill?
                          Where?
                          When?
                          I Don't Remember Any Hill

Virtualized Server 2k3 Ent X86 Guest on VMWare ESXi 4.1 with 3 SunRay thin clients as access points - HSPro 2.4.0.48 - ZTroller - ACRF2 (3 WGL 800's) - iAutomate RFID - Ledam - MLHSPlugin - Ultra1wire - RainRelay8 - TI103 - Ultramon - WAF-AB8SS - jvESS (11 zones) - Bitwise Controls BC4 - with 745 Total Devices - 550 Events - 104 scripts - 78 ZWave devices - 42 X10 devices - 76 DS10a's 3 RFXSenors and 32 Motion Sensors

Comment

launch device page

I have many devices on my network. For convenience I host a simple HTML file with links to all of them for easy adminstration. For example, a http://192.168.1.1 for wifi router, or https://192.168.1.10:81 for linux server administration, or https://192.168.1.10:10000 for the webmin page for the same linux server.

I use ultramon to both monitor the status of networked devices and also to keep a list of all the devices. If I could somehow launch administrative pages then I would not need to host that html file at all, and I could get rid of my spreadsheet with my networked devices list.

Also, when monitoring a port the "browser" button becomes available. I could not figure out what this is for--I thought it might be related to this suggestion--but it did not do anything in both chrome and ie8. Is this a way to browse to the host?

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
                            Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
                            Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Is UltraMon currently capable of monitoring for MAC address regardless of ip address? I know it can monitor ip address regardless of MAC address as that's the normal method.

I ask because my router doesn't allow me to reserve or preassign DHCP device addresses. I'd love it if I could simply associate a MAC address to a device, and have it update something I could use to know the current IP address of a device and whether it's currently online..

Please let me know as I'd rather use UltraMon than switch to Blade's plug-in which does the above requested function. Nothing against Blade or their plug-ins, but I already put $ into a few Ultra plug-ins and want a somewhat common look-and-feel when working with the plug-ins I tend to use.
                              huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

In ultraMon I simply put the hostname in instead of the ip address for dhcp assigned addresses. However for things like managed switches, ip cameras, wifi APs, and servers I used fixed ip addresses. This is handy since the host name is not always readily apparent for these types of devices.

As for that suggestion I made above--it looks as though it is implemented in ultraMon--but I am not sure how it is supposed to work.

When I enable a browser for a host, and then click on the "launch browser" button for that host on the status page it launches the configuration page only on the browser on the HS computer--not on the laptop I am actually browsing on--its kind of odd. I am not sure if it is intentional and for some function I have yet to fathom--which all to often is possible.

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
                                Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
                                Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

Working...
                                X