This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Control Linux based machines

it would be great if you could shutdown linux based machines, is there any easy way todo this?

Comment

Originally posted by codey View Post
      it would be great if you could shutdown linux based machines, is there any easy way todo this?
      It would be great if we could specify a custom shutdown command for a device rather than a one-size-doesn't-fit-all shutdown command.

I'd like to send a command to my chumby that tells itself to shut down. It would simply be a url on the chumby itself that activates a cgi script to perform the actual shutdown.

If we could have a clean way to define whether it's the generic or an event-based shutdown, then we could define an event to perform the shutdown and have ultramon do the work of calling the event.

Maybe an event naming conventions, like "UltraMon Shutdown Chumby" would shut down the device "Chumby" if the event exists.

Just a few thoughts.
      huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Would it be possible to make the ...Troubled & ...Recovered log entries an option via config? Perhaps even on a per device basis. Along the same line, how about event triggers for "Known Host becomming troubled/offline/recovered/online".
        Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Originally posted by NicolaiL View Post
          Would be great to have a DoSuspend function, similar to the DoShutdown and DoWOL functions.

I'd like to be able to suspend rather than shutdown certain PCs, eg media center boxes etc.
          It would also be good to have a DoReboot option.

I have a camera server running BlueIris that sometimes goes out to lunch...so I'm writing a script to monitor the URL of the BlueIris Web Interface and reboot if it can't be reached. I'll try doing it with two separate events for now, but it would be great if I could do it in a single script.

Thanks...
          Last edited by scott12v; April 18, 2012, 06:56 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
            This is already built in. Just modify the HomeSeer device and select "Do not log commands from this device".
            I am trying it out and so far looks good, but..

I check the box "do not log commands from this device", save and exit. The device goes unknown then recovers normally but continues to log.

I edit the device and the box is not checked. I try again and the same results.

Am I missing something? Thanks

Comment

I confirm this is a bug. I'll post the fix later this afternoon.

Regards,
              Ultrajones
              Last edited by Ultrajones; March 3, 2013, 11:36 AM.
              Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

any luck with this bug fix?

thanks

Comment

Is there going to be a fix for this, my trial is about to expire.

I am willing to purchase if there is a fix but not with the continuous logging.

Thanks

Comment

Hello. Sorry for the delay. I was heads down in UltraECM development. I just posted the update. Please let me know if it resolve the issue you reported.

Regards,
                    Ultrajones
                    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Any chance for a fix for this issue?

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=158939

thanks

Darren

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
                        Hello. Sorry for the delay. I was heads down in UltraECM development. I just posted the update. Please let me know if it resolve the issue you reported.

Regards,
                        Ultrajones
                        issue resolved. Thanks

Comment

I was wondering if it would be possible for the plugin to read the status of all devices listed in my router's device list.

For example, my iPhone is listed in my router's device list as Online when I'm home, but will quickly list as Offline if I leave or turn the phone off. The plugin on the other hand will list the phone as "troubled" for a period of time even though the router's device status says Offline. Is there a way to force the plugin to immediately use the router's device status?

Thanks

Greg

Comment

A little update to this request. This morning when I checked the plugin it shows my phone as timed out and offline even though the phone is powered on and showing as online in my router's device list.

How does this plugin determine what's online and offline? It doesn't appear to reference my router.

Thanks again

Greg

Comment

New Host Notification Options request

Hi, would it be possible to have the following variables to work in the email subject as well as the email body?

$ipaddress $hostname $macaddr $ipsubnet

I actually use the new host notification email to generate a SMS text, but it is only the email subject that gets put into the body of the SMS text, so currently I can't see any info other than "foreign IP" in my text alerts. I use SMS texts for all different types of notifications form my homeseer system, so using emails just for UltraMon isn't convenient.

Thanks
                              Mike

Comment

Ultramon 3 Multi-Subnets monitoring

Hi Ultra,

I would really like to have the possibility to monitor more than one subnet. I recently reconfigured all my network to have a subnet with WIFI for guests, mobiles... and a secured subnet with my important stuff which are all wired. I really need to monitor both subnets! Any chances that you can arrange this?

Thanks,

Caid.

Comment

Working...
                                X