X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RandyInLA
    replied
    Feature Request: Ability to choose our own displayed status text
    Currently, UM3 sets the displayed text in the device's string which overrides whatever is listed in the device's Status Graphics tab. If the user could enter whatever they wanted in the status fields and UM3 pulled from those to push into the string, then the user would have more control over how their devices looked. I can edit the icons, but I can't tweak the text. I will commonly wrap some status texts for other devices in a span with a CSS class so I can style different statuses with CSS later on the device management page. Or I might like to have it display "Home" and "Away" for phones that come and go... or maybe, "Desconectado" instead of Offline.

I tried triggering an event to update the device string to have a <span> wrapped around it but it only works when the device first changes state to offline, when it is changing value from say 2 to -6. After that, UM3 continues to re-write the string to "Offline" every few minutes without announcing to HS it was changed, so it's impossible to trigger subsequent events. Whatever I change the string to gets overwritten to just, "Offline" and I have no way of intercepting it or triggering an event off of it. The devices do not obey the Homeseer device checkbox for: "Do not update device last change time if device value does not change:" That checkbox is checked by default when UM3 creates a device, but unchecking it doesn't allow changes to the device (that happen to be the same value) to update the device's Last Change timestamp nor does it provide a trigger for events.

So it seems that this feature request could be handled one of two different ways:
    1) Allowing the user to enter the text they want in the Status Graphics tab & have UM3 push that into the string every time it checks a device
    2) Allowing updates to a device to "announce" to HS that it has changed when the value is the same so events can be fired

The end result of both is that the user has control over the text displayed on the device management page. Obviously, the 1st option would be easier on the end user 😀

Click image for larger version  Name:	device_status_graphics_page.png Views:	0 Size:	275.8 KB ID:	1402908

I've already edited my offline images to be semi-transparent. It'd be great if I could get the Offline text to be similar, and it could be if I had control over the text:
    (I quickly edited the color of these "Offline" texts in the browser before taking the screenshot)

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2020-07-15 at 8.11.12 PM.png Views:	0 Size:	55.1 KB ID:	1402909
    To me, it really makes seeing which devices are online/offline much easier and faster at a glance. Trying to decypher between the texts, "Offline/Online" stacked vertically is insanely cumbersome, which I'm sure is why you added the different colored 'X's to each graphic, but even the tiny red 'X' wasn't different enough given the colors of some of the device icons beneath it. The blue/unknown & yellow/troubled 'X's are fine as mostly I see full opaque images or semi-transparent ones.

Thanks for considering this!
    -=Randy (fellow Michigander!)

Leave a comment:

• RichM
    replied
    Originally posted by Stevoangel View Post

+1
    I would really like to see this on My HomeSeer running on A Raspberry Pi / Linux!!!!

Leave a comment:

• MattL0
    replied
    Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post

Yes, one day... I will have a lot more free time this fall to resume plug-in development.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Ultrajones any news on the linux port ? Thanks

Leave a comment:

• JohnGalt
    replied
    Originally posted by MattL0 View Post
    Any news on the port to Linux ? It’s been a while
    Does anyone know if this is in the works?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Stevoangel
    replied
    Originally posted by MattLau View Post
    +1

Leave a comment:

• wkearney99
    replied
    How about remembering the sort order and quantity of items to be shown in the IP Subnets tab? If you change tabs or reload the page it defaults back to showing just 10 and sorting by IP address.

And if not both sorting and quantity, just quantity would be great.

Leave a comment:

• MattL0
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MattL0
    replied

Yes, one day... I will have a lot more free time this fall to resume plug-in development.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Not to rush you, but do you have any date for this?
    Thanks,
    Matt

Leave a comment:

• MattL0
    replied

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    ok tanks

Leave a comment:

• Ultrajones
    replied
    Originally posted by Summerguy View Post
    Hi Jon,

Will this pluging be ported to linux one day?

Matt

Regards,
    Ultrajones

Leave a comment:

• MattL0
    replied
    Hi Jon,

Will this pluging be ported to linux one day?

Matt

Leave a comment:

• rileydogmi
    replied
    Actually, since I am asking, it would be really nice to be able to skip the troubled / restored all together and go right to offline / online via the even as an optiont.

I am thinking something like:

Force poll device: _______
    Option: If polling success, immediately show online (skip restored...)
    Option: If polling success, immediately show offline (skip troubled...)

One other might be to add a delay parameter to give a few seconds for the TV to be off - in my case, I would create the event and probably wait a few seconds before the plugin does the poll to make sure the off command fully executed.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• rileydogmi
    replied
    I have a feature request - the ability to force polling a device via an event outside the established time cycle... Here is what I am trying to do -- my TV's are all being monitored for power on/off with this plugin. If HS turns off my TV, I want to force poll that device so it immediately becomes troubled and not delay showing troubled/offiline. Why? Because, if I manually turn on the TV (via a remote, not HS) before the plugin gets to polling it, it would never show the TV was off and thus, no triggers for a new online would occur.

If I were able to turn off TV and have UltraMon force poll immediately after, then if I turned the TV on manually, the next cycle would trigger online for me since it would go from troubled to restored/online as planned.

As-is, there is ~2 minute or so window where I can trick my automation system and HS won't trigger a zone on condition...

Thanks,

Leave a comment:

• Monk
    replied
    Possible bug and feature request.

Having issues when adding an additional subnet. The plugin finds the additional devices fine - the problem begins when I try to add them as devices. Looks fine in the subnet list under "UltraMon3 Discovered Devices". They do not get a device created tho - also the name I assign them gets added to something in another subnet which was previously deleted - and - it does not save for the "new" device.

I hate to start over then have it happen again. The original one is
    192.168.2.0/24
    and the new one is 192.168.70.0/24.

Maybe I'll start over. The database or something is confused because some devices were originally on the 192.168.2.0 subnet - even tho I have deleted the devices, restarted HS etc they want to repopulate on their original one.

i would also like to request a feature. It would be nice to specify which subnet is displayed by default when you go to the "IP Subnets" tab and also have a choice to display all, unfiltered.

Starting a separate thread, away from "feature requests" thread. https://forums.homeseer.com/showpost...51&postcount=1
    Last edited by Monk; July 4, 2017, 06:39 AM. Reason: Edit: different thread

Leave a comment:

• randy
    replied
    I have 3
    1. +1 on additional images.
    2. Also I would like to be notified if any of my Echos drop off of the network. Since the Echo doesn't respond to ICMP pings, can you implement another method for device discovery? NMAP works and Jon00's RCCNM script discovers it through ARP.
    3. Options to include IP and/or MAC in device string

Leave a comment:

Working...
X