Event Triggers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Event Triggers

Okay, I feel stupid for asking this. Setting up UltrMon was so incredibly simple but I can't for the life of me figure out how to use the various status numbers to trigger an event off of. Basically, I'm simply trying to check a few different known sites to see if they are responding or not. If not, I'll reset my router. The problem I'm having is I can't figure out where to specify the value in the event trigger. Here are the options I'm given:

Device Condition:
    UltraMon Plugin: google.com

Is or Has Been Status:
    Troubled
    Troubled
    Troubled
    Troubled
    Troubled

So, it looks like I'm seeing a separate "Troubled" entry for each possible troubled status. Do I need to create a separate OR group for each possible "Troubled" status?

I must be missing something painfully obvioius because every other thread I read described the status as being some negative number, but I just can't find it!

Thanks

Originally posted by prbrambi View Post
    Okay, I feel stupid for asking this. Setting up UltrMon was so incredibly simple but I can't for the life of me figure out how to use the various status numbers to trigger an event off of. Basically, I'm simply trying to check a few different known sites to see if they are responding or not. If not, I'll reset my router. The problem I'm having is I can't figure out where to specify the value in the event trigger. Here are the options I'm given:

Device Condition:
    UltraMon Plugin: google.com

Is or Has Been Status:
    Troubled
    Troubled
    Troubled
    Troubled
    Troubled

So, it looks like I'm seeing a separate "Troubled" entry for each possible troubled status. Do I need to create a separate OR group for each possible "Troubled" status?

I must be missing something painfully obvioius because every other thread I read described the status as being some negative number, but I just can't find it!

Thanks
    I agree, it's a little strange. Each of those values represents a number as follows:

Offline = -6 (Device has failed 6 or more consecutive checks)
    Troubled = -5
    Troubled = -4
    Troubled = -3
    Troubled = -2
    Troubled = -1 (device just failed)
    Offline = 0 (device has not been tested yet or status has been reset)
    Online = 1 (device has recovered from a failure and is now reachable)
    Online = 2
    Online = 3
    Online = 4
    Online = 5
    Online = 6 (device has been up 6 or more consecutive checks)

I can update the plug-in to so it is a bit more obvious. :-)

Does this make sense?

Regards,
    Ultrajones

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Okay, that should work assuming the order in the drop down list corresponds to the order you listed below.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X