Adding New X10 Devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding New X10 Devices

I upgraded to the lastest version last night and noticed a couple of issues.

1) When I try to add a new X10 device, the UltraMon plugin overrides the device type and refers to them as CAMERA. I can not go back and edit it. So, all of my new devices are cameras (with the nice camera icon)

2) Using the new feature you added for "DEVICE VALUE CHANGE BECOMES ANY VALUE". For some reason the trigger runs twice on value -2 and on value 1

-Log Entries-
    1/29/2008 7:54:05 PM UltraMon Warning OfficeJet is now Offline because [Timed out].
    1/29/2008 7:54:05 PM Device Value HP Photosmart 2610 is currently -2

1/29/2008 7:56:58 PM UltraMon Info OfficeJet is now Online.
    1/29/2008 7:56:58 PM Device Value HP Photosmart 2610 is currently 1
    1/29/2008 7:56:58 PM Status Change HP Photosmart 2610 ONLINE

Here's the script that I'm running....(it could be my rookie mistake)

' Description: This script will update HomeSeer with the device status
    ' of the declared network monitored system and email the event
    '
    ' Environment: HomeSeer Security Server
    ' Target: OfficeJet (HP Photosmart 2610)
    ' Device Code: v12
    '
    ' Version: 3

sub main()

dim VDEVICECODE
    dim VDEVICEVALUE
    dim VDEVICENAME
    dim VMAILTO
    dim VMAILFROM
    dim VMAILBODY
    dim VMAILSUBJECT

VMAILTO="XXXX@nc.rr.com"
    VMAILFROM="XXXXX@nc.rr.com"
    VMAILBODY="HomeSeer Event"

VDEVICECODE = "v12"
    VDEVICENAME = "HP Photosmart 2610"

VDEVICEVALUE=hs.DeviceValue(VDEVICECODE)

select case VDEVICEVALUE

case -1
    hs.SetDeviceString VDEVICECODE, VDEVICENAME & " OFFLINE"
    VMAILSUBJECT= VDEVICENAME & " OFFLINE"
    hs.sendemail VMAILTO,VMAILFROM,VMAILSUBJECT,VMAILBODY
    hs.writelog "Status Change", VDEVICENAME & " OFFLINE"

case 0
    hs.SetDeviceString VDEVICECODE, VDEVICENAME & " UNKNOWN"
    hs.writelog "Status Change", VDEVICENAME & " UNKNOWN"

case 1
    hs.SetDeviceString VDEVICECODE, VDEVICENAME & " ONLINE"
    VMAILSUBJECT= VDEVICENAME & " ONLINE"
    hs.writelog "Status Change", VDEVICENAME & " ONLINE"

end select

end sub

-Plugin Settings-
    Ping Options
    Check Interval: 3
    Attempts: 1
    Mark Failed After: 1
    Ping Timeout: 2

Thanks again for your help and plugins!!!
    Frank

Originally posted by franklnc View Post
    I upgraded to the lastest version last night and noticed a couple of issues.

1) When I try to add a new X10 device, the UltraMon plugin overrides the device type and refers to them as CAMERA. I can not go back and edit it. So, all of my new devices are cameras (with the nice camera icon)

2) Using the new feature you added for "DEVICE VALUE CHANGE BECOMES ANY VALUE". For some reason the trigger runs twice on value -2 and on value 1

-Log Entries-
    1/29/2008 7:54:05 PM UltraMon Warning OfficeJet is now Offline because [Timed out].

1/29/2008 7:56:58 PM UltraMon Info OfficeJet is now Online.

Here's the script that I'm running....(it could be my rookie mistake)

' Description: This script will update HomeSeer with the device status
    ' of the declared network monitored system and email the event
    '
    ' Environment: HomeSeer Security Server
    ' Target: OfficeJet (HP Photosmart 2610)
    ' Device Code: v12
    '
    ' Version: 3

sub main()

dim VDEVICECODE
    dim VDEVICEVALUE
    dim VDEVICENAME
    dim VMAILTO
    dim VMAILFROM
    dim VMAILBODY
    dim VMAILSUBJECT

VMAILTO="XXXX@nc.rr.com"
    VMAILFROM="XXXXX@nc.rr.com"
    VMAILBODY="HomeSeer Event"

VDEVICECODE = "v12"
    VDEVICENAME = "HP Photosmart 2610"

VDEVICEVALUE=hs.DeviceValue(VDEVICECODE)

select case VDEVICEVALUE

case -1
    hs.SetDeviceString VDEVICECODE, VDEVICENAME & " OFFLINE"
    VMAILSUBJECT= VDEVICENAME & " OFFLINE"
    hs.writelog "Status Change", VDEVICENAME & " OFFLINE"

case 0
    hs.SetDeviceString VDEVICECODE, VDEVICENAME & " UNKNOWN"
    hs.writelog "Status Change", VDEVICENAME & " UNKNOWN"

case 1
    hs.SetDeviceString VDEVICECODE, VDEVICENAME & " ONLINE"
    VMAILSUBJECT= VDEVICENAME & " ONLINE"
    hs.writelog "Status Change", VDEVICENAME & " ONLINE"

end select

end sub

-Plugin Settings-
    Ping Options
    Check Interval: 3
    Attempts: 1
    Mark Failed After: 1
    Ping Timeout: 2

Thanks again for your help and plugins!!!
    Frank
    Frank,

I can't duplicate the issue you are reporting. Can you review all the UltraMon devices from the HomeSeer status page to see if they all have the same house code? In addition, check for duplidate HomeSeer devices.

Please also go though each device from the HomeSeer status page and edit, then save. This will re-write the device type within HomeSeer and hopefully correct the issue.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
      Frank,

I can't duplicate the issue you are reporting. Can you review all the UltraMon devices from the HomeSeer status page to see if they all have the same house code? In addition, check for duplidate HomeSeer devices.

Please also go though each device from the HomeSeer status page and edit, then save. This will re-write the device type within HomeSeer and hopefully correct the issue.

Regards,
      Ultrajones
      Rats! I hate being the only one. When I edit the devices, they all change to cameras. I have to stop the HomeSeer service, disable the plugin and then edit the database to clean them up.

I don't see any anomalies with duplicate devices.
      Last edited by franklnc; January 30, 2008, 08:31 PM.

Comment

What version of HomeSeer are you running?
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Adding New X10 Devices

What version of HomeSeer are you running?
          HomeSeer v2.2.066
          BLIcon v1.0.4.2.0
          UltraMon v1.1.2948.27850

I'm going to install a pristine configuration later today on a test box and see what happens. I'll play around with a fresh database and my database with the hopes of identifying a pattern.

I can email you a flash video (too big to attach) of my installation to give you a better idea of what's going on.

** Observation **
          When I add or edit a device, the "device properties for UltraMon Plugin" section displays "Supports WOL=false" and "Device Type=Camera" by default.

Comment

Add New Devices Update

I installed a fresh version of HomeSeer (v2.2.0.66) on a newly installed Windows XP platform. I let HomeSeer configure itself, creating the sample database. I then went to the updater and downloaded/installed the UltraMon plugin. Restarted service and enabled UltraMon.

1) On the status page, I selected the Monitoring Plugin (edit) and saved it. UltraMon saved it as a camera. I created a new device. UltraMon saved it as a camera.

2) When I added a new computer from the "Add Device/Device Properties for Plug-In Ultra-Mon" (the new procedure option), the household code could be anything listed by HomeSeer.
            However, UltraMon won't reconize the device. I had to actually define the computer using the old procedure, where UltraMon will give it the housecode [.

3) It looks like the reason my scripts were running twice was because I changed the default housecodes from [ to v AND Update Device Status was set to "Yes" in the UltraMon options. The scripts rans fine when I changed the Update Device Status to "NO" or used the default housecode of [.

This was completely an "out of the box" test. No custom anything.
            I'm sorry to have so many problems.
            Last edited by franklnc; February 1, 2008, 04:30 PM.

Comment

franklnc,

I followed the exact same steps (using Vista and NOT running as a service), and was not able to produce what you are seeing.

I tried running HomeSeer as a service and HomeSeer locks up.

Can you try duplicating this issue without running HomeSeer as a service?

Comment

Wow, I see what is wrong. The "Device Properties for Plug-In UltraMon" is display for *any* device, not just devices owned by my plug-in. I'll open a HomeSeer ticket on this.

Regards,
                Ultrajones

Comment

Ok, found a fix. Please try version 1.1.2953.33935 just uploaded to the HomeSeer updater.

Comment

Ok, found a fix. Please try version 1.1.2953.33935 just uploaded to the HomeSeer updater.
                    Trying the newer version now.
                    What issue did you fix?

When I installed Homeseer and the plugin on the pristine system, it was not running as a service.
                    Windows XP sp2 with every Microsoft patch available (must have been a few hundred of them!)
                    I just downloaded the lastest and greatest of everything and planned on using that as my baseline. I was surprised that the issues I was having surfaced on the "new, untainted" install.

Comment

I was having same issue latest has seemed to fix it. Now how can I get back to how my devices were!

Comment

Trying the newer version now.
                        What issue did you fix?

When I installed Homeseer and the plugin on the pristine system, it was not running as a service.
                        Windows XP sp2 with every Microsoft patch available (must have been a few hundred of them!)
                        I just downloaded the lastest and greatest of everything and planned on using that as my baseline. I was surprised that the issues I was having surfaced on the "new, untainted" install.
                        The issue I fixed had nothing to do with running HomeSeer as a service.

The device creation issue introduced with UltraMon version v1.1.2948.27850 would *only* happen if you created a new HomeSeer device using the HomeSeer status page (e.g. Status > Add Device). This is why franklnc mention he had to diddle with the HomeSeer database to modify the device code being assigned. Device creation was working if you created a device using the methods provided by the plug-in.

In summary, I added a new feature that was supposed to allow you to modify the properties of an UltraMon device while modifying a HomeSeer device . I was unaware that HomeSeer called this function and displayed the "Device Properties for Plug-In UltraMon" for ANY device. I added code to this function so it only displays the UltraMon device properties for devices owned by UltraMon.

Thank you for your persistence in helping explaining this issue so I could get it fixed.

Regards,
                        Ultrajones

Comment

The issue I fixed had nothing to do with running HomeSeer as a service.

The device creation issue introduced with UltraMon version v1.1.2948.27850 would *only* happen if you created a new HomeSeer device using the HomeSeer status page (e.g. Status > Add Device). This is why franklnc mention he had to diddle with the HomeSeer database to modify the device code being assigned. Device creation was working if you created a device using the methods provided by the plug-in.

In summary, I added a new feature that was supposed to allow you to modify the properties of an UltraMon device while modifying a HomeSeer device . I was unaware that HomeSeer called this function and displayed the "Device Properties for Plug-In UltraMon" for ANY device. I added code to this function so it only displays the UltraMon device properties for devices owned by UltraMon.

Thank you for your persistence in helping explaining this issue so I could get it fixed.

Regards,
                          Ultrajones
                          Sorry Ultrajones. While I no longer see the UltraMon devices while using the add new devices, the PlugIn is still dictating the device....not as a camera now but as a computer.

Rephrase. When I add a new x10 device it is now being overwritten as a computer.

Comment

Sorry Ultrajones. While I no longer see the UltraMon devices while using the add new devices, the PlugIn is still dictating the device....not as a camera now but as a computer.

Rephrase. When I add a new x10 device it is now being overwritten as a computer.
                            Sigh. The ConfigDevice and ConfigDevicePost SDK documentation is a bit lacking. I interpreted it to mean only the UltraMon devices object would be called. I was wrong. I am fixing it now and will post the update within 15 minutes. Sorry.

Comment

Sigh. The ConfigDevice and ConfigDevicePost SDK documentation is a bit lacking. I interpreted it to mean only the UltraMon devices object would be called. I was wrong. I am fixing it now and will post the update within 15 minutes. Sorry.

I know the only reason you do this is because you actually like solving problems and working out the solutions. As one of my cartoon heroes would always say...."This time for sure!"

UPDATE
                              It looks like the lastest fix did the trick!

Do I dare mention that I have had a problem with this plugin from day 1?
                              Everytime The UltraMon service restarts, it creates a new Monitoring State device. I have just been deleting them or hiding them. When you get some free time .

Thanks again. This plugin really is very good. My kids hate it because I can completely monitor and control their computer usage with HomeSeer now (including Shutdown with my handy HR12A remote).

Comment

Working...
                              X