Using AXIS IP Camera with Motion Detection...TCP messages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using AXIS IP Camera with Motion Detection...TCP messages

I'm thinking UltraMon could do this....but someone let me know if I should post somewhere else.

I have a bunch of AXIS IP Cameras and I can get an "Email" notification when there's motion but the AXIS camera can send a "TCP Server" event.

Would love to be able to turn my cameras into a motion detection triggering HomeSeer to do certain things.

I thought about the HS receive email option but don't like that one.

Any ideas?

See attached Screenshots.
    Attached Files

UltraMon won't work because it does not have a TCP listener. If the cameras were a little less expensive, I would have purchased one and created a plug-in to handle the TCP server event ...
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Couldn't you use the HTTP notification?
      -Rupp
      sigpic

Comment

Good question Rupp

Here's what I have discovered. Not sure if a script could work.

<TABLE class=alternateRows cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width=440 bgColor=white border=0><TBODY><TR class=evenItem><TD colSpan=2>Send HTTP notification to - This method sends notification messages to an HTTP notification server that listens for these. Click the HTTP server settings... button to set up the destination HTTP server, and if required, make the following event-specific settings:
        • Custom parameters - Add any extra parameters for the event here. Spaces are not allowed in this field and all text must be URL-encoded (par RFC1738.) For example, to set the CGI parameter 'example' to 'Y & Z' enter example=Y+%26+Z in this field.
        • Message - This message will be received in a CGI-variable called 'Message' on the target HTTP server. Note that including more than the maximum of 255 characters in this field will exclude some or all of the contents of Custom Parameters. Spaces are allowed.
        </TD></TR><TR class=oddItem><TD colSpan=2>Send TCP notification to - Sends a notification message to a TCP notification server that listens for them. Click the TCP server settings... button to set up the destination server, and if required, configure the Message field, to include event-specific text. A maximum of 255 characters can be used.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Comment

Setup a small asp page on your HomeSeer server to trigger an event and then call this asp page from your camera.
          -Rupp
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by benmorris View Post
            Here's what I have discovered. Not sure if a script could work.

<TABLE class=alternateRows border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width=440 bgColor=white><TBODY><TR class=evenItem><TD colSpan=2>Send HTTP notification to - This method sends notification messages to an HTTP notification server that listens for these. Click the HTTP server settings... button to set up the destination HTTP server, and if required, make the following event-specific settings:
            • Custom parameters - Add any extra parameters for the event here. Spaces are not allowed in this field and all text must be URL-encoded (par RFC1738.) For example, to set the CGI parameter 'example' to 'Y & Z' enter example=Y+%26+Z in this field.
            • Message - This message will be received in a CGI-variable called 'Message' on the target HTTP server. Note that including more than the maximum of 255 characters in this field will exclude some or all of the contents of Custom Parameters. Spaces are allowed.
            </TD></TR><TR class=oddItem><TD colSpan=2>Send TCP notification to - Sends a notification message to a TCP notification server that listens for them. Click the TCP server settings... button to set up the destination server, and if required, configure the Message field, to include event-specific text. A maximum of 255 characters can be used.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I'm struggeling with exaclty the same. Is it possible to help me a little bit to point me in the right direction?
            Many thanks and much appreciated.

Jeroen

Comment

Was there any progress on this? I'd also like to send an HTTP event notification to HS when my Axis 241AQ detects motion on any attached camera.

Here is the Axis's HTTP server config screen and the fields for defining an event. What would a web page look like to receive the params, message, and perhaps run a HS script or an event in HS to process them? I'm an embedded guy so this web stuff isn't second nature to me!
              Attached Files

Comment

What type of camera do you have? I would like to investigate a bit more before deciding to add an TCP listener to the UltraMon HSPI plug-in.
                Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Hi Ultra,

I have analog cams connected to an Axis 241QA video server, but I'm not using the UltraMon plug-in. Sorry for hijacking in your forum.... I was actually posting in response to Ben and Jeroen's quest to dispatch and process HTTP notifications via a page on the HS web server.

Don

Comment

Since they are using HTTP protocol on top of the TCP layer then Rupp's suggestion seems like the easiest. dschoppe posted a screen shot where the server URL was identified. All that needs to be done is modify that URL to include not only the HS server address, but the asp page that contans an hs event trigger command. Something like http://HomeseeIP:HomeseerPort/AxisTrigger.asp

In the \HTML folder you will have a file AxisTrigger.asp that contain the line hs.TriggerEvent "ABC" or whatever you want to do when the camera sends the HTTP notification. You may need a tag at the start of end of the AxisTrigger.asp to identify it as script and this will be the less than symbol followed by the percent symbol at the very start and the percent symbol and greater than symbol at the end. I would put them here, but the browser would gobble them up.

Comment

Michael,

Thanks. It worked like a charm. By parsing the "Message" variable in the asp, I can have one page/script to handle any number of events from the Axis server.

Don
                      Attached Files

Comment

Just bought an Axis M1031-W and wanted to have the PIR sensor trigger an event in HS. Just wanted to thank everyone in this thread. After some head scratching I thought I would post this to maybe save someone else a few minutes:

0. Created an ASP file and put it in the html folder in homeseer folder. The "GotFrontMotionEvent" is the name of the event you need to create in HS which will be triggered by the trigger from the camera.
                        1. Set up the Event server on my Axis camera with the correct local html addressort/axishandler.asp
                        2. Set up an event trigger based on the PIR sensor to send an HTTP notification to HS, with the "Message" being the same text as in the asp file (in the above example - "front_camera_motion").
                        3. Set up an Event in HS called "GotFrontMotionEvent", trigger = "Manual", action = switch a light on/off (or whatever you want).

Easzpeezy.
                        Last edited by nmaycher; September 20, 2013, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Various Axis products working differently

Have this working on a P1346. Log produces this message:

6/27/2014 6:46:44 PM Event Event Trigger "testbaselightoff"
                          6/27/2014 6:46:44 PM Device Control Device: Basement Basement Stair Bottom Light (Q35) OFF

When I try this on a 241S server, I get this message

Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS2\html/axishandler.asp?Message=testbaselightoff

Any ideas or suggestions appreciated. I've been trying to get this working now for a few hours.

Thanks, Mike

Comment

HS3 + ASP + Axis Camera = ?

So still trying out HS3 and encountered another issue, other than not being able to poll my Insteon devices which appears to be a bug.

I have no issues using an asp page to get the PIR on my Axis 1031 camera to trigger an event in HS2. The code is here:

<%
                            dim msg
                            msg = Request.QueryString("Message")
                            If StrComp(msg, "comp_camera_motion") = 0 then
                            hs.triggerevent("GotCompMotionEvent")
                            End If
                            %>

However, with HS3 set up on the same port, the same event created with the same name, and the same asp file in the html folder of HS3, nothing happens. The triggerevent script command seems unchanged in HS3. The rest of the code is simple. Any ideas?

Comment

asp is only supported in the Windows version of HS3.

I tried your code and it works fine here (substituting my own event name).
                              Jon

Comment

Working...
                              X